1 2 3
BrianC72gt (Forum Supporter)
BrianC72gt (Forum Supporter) Reader
4/28/22 5:36 p.m.

Bike Carbs, not bike injection, yes?  I had a sidedraft Webber on an MGB 18B motor and really wished I had an independent vacuum source.  Next time you are in the Pick-n-Pull, grab one off of a Volvo.  I think it may be a Ford part.  Either way, it is compact and cheap, and will keep the brake booster happy.    Do you plan on a distributor or crank trigger for ignition?    The distributor relies on a strong vacuum signal for the vacuum advance, not sure if twin webber manifolds will get you there.  I had to play around with springs and weights on the stock dizzy, then went with a full mechanical dual points mallory.  But nowadays, maybe a couple of sensors, a crank trigger and megasquirt?

twentyover
twentyover Dork
4/29/22 11:08 a.m.
BrianC72gt (Forum Supporter) said:

Bike Carbs, not bike injection, yes?  I had a sidedraft Webber on an MGB 18B motor and really wished I had an independent vacuum source.  Next time you are in the Pick-n-Pull, grab one off of a Volvo.  I think it may be a Ford part.  Either way, it is compact and cheap, and will keep the brake booster happy.    Do you plan on a distributor or crank trigger for ignition?    The distributor relies on a strong vacuum signal for the vacuum advance, not sure if twin webber manifolds will get you there.  I had to play around with springs and weights on the stock dizzy, then went with a full mechanical dual points mallory.  But nowadays, maybe a couple of sensors, a crank trigger and megasquirt?

I had OldSkewelToyota (the guy doing the head porting) port matched a set of DCOE manifolds, but my heart is not in webers. Yielded to the siren song of Bike Carbs. I bought a set of RX-1 sled carbs (same basic motor as a Yamaha R1, adapted for sled use.) Just opened the box O' carbs a couple days ago

Need to rebuild them (got the choke slide working again, but the throttle blades are frozen (see what I did there? Sled carbs- frozen? Well, if I gotta explain it , it losses funny fast) time for a nice warm bath in PB Blaster or mix up some axetone and ATF. Hmmm. Axetone? Maybe a new trademark for the acetone/ATF mixture?

Two potential solutions for braking- electric power assist or my preferred solution- press the pedal harder.

Thinking I may go with crank trigger, maybe integrate the TPS to manage load sensing.

Planning on breaking the carb rack apart and spacing the carbs for direct shot at the port.

So why hasn't GRM ever investigated Bike Carbs? Gaunlet has been thrown down

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
LlW9GJ24eHkAbZN2MCpexeTeF7JGACHOhS3m0MrAOnp9VG8zyj8I9JiCsaxiuKVY