Proawesomedevin
Proawesomedevin None
7/8/19 10:18 a.m.

Hello, GRM community! I'm a long time lurker and a first-time poster. I finally decided to take the plunge and make my first post. 

A brief introduction, My name is Devin, I'm apart of a team called Professional Awesome. We make DIY aero parts for all your go fast needs. I've been competing in my silly Honda for about six years now. Every year it seems to evolve. I typically track my progress on Speed Academy.  However, I usually don't show the behind the scenes to each task there. The hardship that we all face with our silly projects.  

I'll start with a basic rundown. The car is an AP1 (2000 to be specific) it has an Acura TSX K24A2 in it and makes all the jam with a Garrett GTX3582. A lot of DIY aero that we make and as much stripped and cut out that I could think.  Its current state of the car is that it's broken, due to a drivetrain issue. It turns out with this funky adapter plate you had to align it just right (damn near perfect) for the input shaft to slide into the pilot bearing. Well, I learned the hard way that it wasn't aligned. 

Side note if you recognize the car it was at this years UTCC challenge was I destroyed the splitter on the second lap, then the bumper folded into the tires which made it look very...unique. I also was suffering coolant issues, which means I couldn't get a full lap at pace.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/8/19 11:36 a.m.

In for more details on the aero/splitter! Love the proawe YouTube videos btw.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/8/19 12:41 p.m.

In for more details on how to align the transmission adapter. 

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/8/19 1:52 p.m.

Welcome to the forum Devin! 

Proawesomedevin
Proawesomedevin New Reader
7/10/19 1:32 p.m.
Robbie said:

In for more details on the aero/splitter! Love the proawe YouTube videos btw.

Thanks Robbie! I'll be sure to let Dan and Mike know. They are always looking for feedback. Have any videos you want us to cover?

The aero packaged on the S2000 is fairly simple for now. Due to rules, I can't run a flat undertray but we can make everything else as efficient as possible. So the front bumper is a stock bumper with any non needed opening blocked off. The new bumper, which is not pictured, is mostly allumalite fascia. The new air dam is also allumalite. The splitter is your everyday birch with our small diffusers in it. We are also using some splitter rods that are really rough so I'm embarrassed to show you lol. I'll be posting the details in a article for Moto soon. the wing is 68 inchs wide, carbon, gurney flap, and swan neck. The fenders are J's Racing Replica, they are about 1 ich wider on each, has our fender vents in them. Basically every component works together very well. Let's say they complement each other well.

Proawesomedevin
7/10/19 1:37 p.m.
Stampie said:

In for more details on how to align the transmission adapter. 

Well it seems that I have a first generation flywheel for this particular swap. Well they didn't put in dial pins, and even if they did the pins would not be the same size as the clutch. The clutch alignment tool also kinda sags in the pilot hole. SO you have to wrap it just perfect in the whole then do some balancing. Long story short its a pain in the ass. What's worse is that if you didn't know you would think the trans isn't going in due to being stuck on the dial pins, well it's not! On a more positive note it seems that I am the only one that has this issue. 

Proawesomedevin
7/10/19 1:37 p.m.
Proawesomedevin
8/27/19 3:33 a.m.

In case you guys didn't know, don't make UTCC your first event of the year. Now I have to make this my annual event.

Also look what I found in my TB, I have no idea how it got there since I don't use gloves. 

Proawesomedevin
3/30/20 3:02 p.m.

the engine is finally out and at Inline pro. Ready to make some real jam. Shooting for 600WHP.

Proawesomedevin
3/30/20 3:03 p.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KIUt6mSuZlZ05ASwP93wjgb6r92qj9GQQ9IzklAGHA61tr1kG4pDDTA9qGziPufB