1 ... 112 113 114 115
NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
10/8/22 9:38 p.m.

With the fall weather dipping into the freezing zone, it was nice to have the Miata HVAC system in charge of keeping me warm. My friend with the flying saucer was not as lucky and was pretty frozen by the time he arrived at the London Auto Modifiers clubhouse. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/8/22 10:44 p.m.

I know this is the Molvo thread, but I gotta say that even as a club cab with pillars, the 57 Chevy is a handsome car.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
12/28/22 7:30 p.m.

So, the view in the shop has changed. The Hot Rod has departed  to spend the winter in a cold barn and the Molvo has take up residence in the nice warm shop.

Just visible around the DS of the Molvo is a new project. Accidentally picked up a L33 Ls engine. Not sure why I bought it other than I will be running out of projects once the Healey leaves and it might be a nice thing to tinker on.  Will rebuild it and see where it wants to go. 

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/17/23 8:53 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

What a great build! Thank you.

Great plan to add air conditioning No Homes. Maybe your significant other will let you take her car out and make a real video... hint, hintsmiley I'm not sure that I've ever seen your Molvo in an action video? Do you remember when on something like page 65 of your build thread, you asked your audience whether they thought you where crazy to cut up a Miata and graft it into an 1800? My answer is would you ever attempt your build twice?  Have a nice day. 

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
1/17/23 10:50 p.m.

In reply to VolvoHeretic :

Would I do it again and would I do another one are not quite the same thing.

Yes I would do it again, I set forth a pretty high challenge and pulled it off so far. Happy with the result even thught it has a list of stuff I want to finish.

Would I do another one? Nope,

The shop has stayed busy with one project after another ever since the Molvo was put on the road. The Healey you see in the foreground is just the latest guest. It will go away when it is done.  So far I do not have the itch to build another car for myself. 

I did accidentally pick up an  L33 LS engine the other week. Going to rebuild that and see if it brings up any more bad ideas for another build.

As for videos, since I am not really into flogging the tires with burnouts or doughnuts, they tend to be pretty boring.

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/18/23 12:01 a.m.

how about just a 0-90 acceleration with as little wheel spin as possible? Remember, it's not good to let a sports car engine carbon up. smiley

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
1/30/23 12:51 p.m.

Just going to park this here so that I have it bookmarked. Been trying to coble up AC fittings and hoses and to say that it is confusing is an understatement. Mixing metric and standard fittings in the same system makes it even more interesting.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
2/9/23 1:35 p.m.

Off to the machine shop tomorrow.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/9/23 2:10 p.m.

Ls molvo?

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
2/9/23 2:55 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Never say Never.

as of today? No. The car drives pretty nice and it really does not need a lot more get-up and go.

I picked up the LS cause I don't have any ideas of what to build next. So I will build the L33 and see if it seeds the imagination. LS drive trains can be great value up until the point where you need a manual gearbox behind one.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/9/23 3:21 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

There are less expensive ways to put a manual behind an LS than a T56. I'll be a legitimate $600 into my Saginaw 4 speed including it used flywheel clutch trans and bell housing. There are some ancillaries I am forgetting but under $600

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
4/23/23 1:51 p.m.

Was looking for an excuse to take the Molvo out of storage. Saw a local cars and coffee while out for a walk so went home and drove back. Parked next to a distant cousin.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
6/13/23 7:37 p.m.

Walked into the shop after being away in FL for a week and it occurred to me that, aesthetically, I could walk away and call it done.

I will be glad when the Red Rocket goes home, but I doubt the shop will ever look this sexy again.

Pete

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
6/13/23 8:27 p.m.

"aesthetically, I could walk away and call it done."

Is there a prize iffen we can cipher this quote?

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
6/13/23 9:08 p.m.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/13/23 9:33 p.m.

Molvo squeezes my lemon

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
6/13/23 9:56 p.m.

perfectly clear.....g'night

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
6/18/23 7:22 p.m.

Couple of hundred miles on the clock by end of day. London to Sarnia to Port Franks to London  and a few detours in between.

One beer halfway and another now. Was a good day.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
7/28/23 9:03 a.m.

Attended a car show held in Downtown London. The city actually closed the main road downtown for the event. What made it more fun for me was the crowd: The people attending were not the regulars who are there because they are "Car people" it was a nice cross section of people who live downtown. That and the pride parade being run a block away made for a two way spectator event.

Photo courtesy of a spectator who is into black and white with something called "Film" . Todd DeSilva  was nice enough to take the time to frame the pic and to  post it on FB where I found it.

Pete

TurboFource
TurboFource HalfDork
7/28/23 2:53 p.m.

Great pic!

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
7/31/23 8:18 p.m.

I doubt that the shop will ever look this interesting again.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
8/12/23 12:47 p.m.

Finally got to the strip to see how the car runs. Turns out the car runs a lot better than I drive. Sadly, rain ended the day an this was my one and only run at 14.8. 

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
8/12/23 5:10 p.m.

How was your traction?

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
8/12/23 7:26 p.m.

I assume that was the other guy enjoying time against the rev limiter...

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
8/12/23 9:59 p.m.
759NRNG said:

How was your traction?

Surprisingly not bad. Stuck with 195 wide tires, but they are 200 TW.

Big issue is that I slowed way before the end of the 1/4.  Only going 9 mph faster at the 1/4 than I was at the 1/8th. Thought I was done but not so. Rained as I reached the end of the track and that was the day for me. 

Not me hitting rev limiter cause no limiter.

1 ... 112 113 114 115

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nRvxXJd1cVr2JbB16bujL4fPnNdHE6KKZK3njkifq2C4hbicwSmitXTc4M1JgIDE