1 2 3 4 5
mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/17/20 9:48 a.m.
yupididit said:

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Your wife def one up'd you. I would be proud lol

I would be proud, if I had ANY ownership or enjoyment stake in it angrycheekybroken heart

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/17/20 9:49 a.m.
Placemotorsports said:

Should be a good investment as well.  They have only gone up in the years

If I held on to... the Crx Si...the ITR...the NSX.... everytime I open the websites I see all the money I "lost" by not holding.  Oh well. 

I am sure she can get back + some, if she sold it today. But its her first car that she actually picked out and wanted. I am just still surprised at the overnight desire for a vehicle, from someone, who don't give a rats behind about motorized things!

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/17/20 11:28 a.m.

That is an incredibly clean vehicle!  Nice find.

java230
java230 UberDork
11/17/20 11:49 a.m.

That is CLEAN. And she has good taste, always loved that body style FJ.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
11/17/20 12:05 p.m.

Land Cruisers are soooo mainstream. I remember when they used to be cool, now everyone has one. 

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/17/20 12:10 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) said:

Glad you all made it home ok. Nothing like Tahoe in the winter time :)

Yeah fun road trip. We got the sunny Donner Lake, then we got the 3 inch Tahoe. All mix of weather. 

Safe and sound

Not the best time to tow around Tahoe. Glad you made it there and back OK. Plus it's a really cool vehicle.

thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter)
thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/17/20 2:38 p.m.

Wow, that's probably the cleanest FJ60 I've seen outside of TLC's restos.

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/17/20 2:44 p.m.

We are all kicking ourselves with that syndrome

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/17/20 2:52 p.m.
APEowner said:

That is an incredibly clean vehicle!  Nice find.

Thanks. Yeah popped up, called and bought it within the hour. Haven't seen a clean one like that in a while, that isn't Jonathan Ward $200,000. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/17/20 2:52 p.m.
java230 said:

That is CLEAN. And she has good taste, always loved that body style FJ.

Thank you for the kind words! We have had LC a long time, and I think the 60/62 is the best design, IMHO.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/17/20 2:53 p.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

Land Cruisers are soooo mainstream. I remember when they used to be cool, now everyone has one. 

I never did say my wife was cool.  You are right, when I drive around LA, I see thousands of Land Cruisers..... oh wait...... 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/17/20 2:54 p.m.
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) said:

Not the best time to tow around Tahoe. Glad you made it there and back OK. Plus it's a really cool vehicle.

Thanks Tim. Definitely some clenched and puckered moments....but all worked out . 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/17/20 2:54 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter) said:

Wow, that's probably the cleanest FJ60 I've seen outside of TLC's restos.

Thank you. Yeah 1 owner, lower miles, no rust 60s are hard to find. Definitely lucked out!

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/17/20 2:55 p.m.
Placemotorsports said:

I know. And the worst part is, I NEVER learn my lesson.  crying

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/17/20 7:15 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:
Placemotorsports said:

I know. And the worst part is, I NEVER learn my lesson.  crying

So I should buy a car from you and cash in on your self-inflicted misfortune?

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/17/20 7:17 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:
yupididit said:

Your wife def one up'd you. I would be proud lol

I would be proud, if I had ANY ownership or enjoyment stake in it angrycheekybroken heart

Yeah...LC's are kind of meh to me,  cool to look at but dont want one. But her FJ got me looking for an FJ60 devil

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/17/20 7:38 p.m.
yupididit said:

Well usually 24 months AFTER I sell a car, the price skyrockets. I have good taste in vehicles (if I say so myself), and I always pick the RIGHT ones, but I have TERRIBLE timing in life. So if you can take my vehicles, and time it correct - you will be rich devil

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/17/20 7:39 p.m.
yupididit said:

Yeah...LC's are kind of meh to me,  cool to look at but dont want one. But her FJ got me looking for an FJ60 devil

Variety makes the world a fun place. I love D110, XJR,  and G Waggen. 90% of people I know, think they are "meh and overpriced." Which is fine. Being an enthusiast and respecting other people's choices make the world a fun place. 

paddygarcia
paddygarcia GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/18/20 7:22 a.m.
mr2s2000elise said:
yupididit said:

Well usually 24 months AFTER I sell a car, the price skyrockets. I have good taste in vehicles (if I say so myself), and I always pick the RIGHT ones, but I have TERRIBLE timing in life. So if you can take my vehicles, and time it correct - you will be rich devil

A million years ago, when Autoweek was not only still published but I think still in the medium-large format, Denise McCluggage wrote a terrific (as always) column about the cars she'd owned. I can't remember the specifics, but it was a great list of small-bore Brit, German, and Italian classics. She said that when she talked with people about them they always said "think of what they'd be worth if you still had them", and she'd reply that if she still had the first she wouldn't have been able to buy the second.

Rich in experiences is pretty great :-)

maj75 (Forum Supporter)
maj75 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
11/18/20 7:26 a.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

When we arrived at the owners house, him and his wife were VERY gracious. Truly a gentleman. We went for a test drive. My kids were giddy with the "roll up windows like the mini cooper!"  

Drove great! Wife was very happy. 

It was as described. MINT condition. 0 rust. Drove fantastic. Every single thing worked. Well loved, garaged all its life in dry climate 150k miles. 

Handed over certified check, and owner helped me load up. Gave me some extra straps and carbines etc.  Heck even filled up with a full tank of gas, and all maintenance receipts. 

Bone stock gem. Just what she was looking for. 

Tell me more about the carbines.  M1 I presume?

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/19/20 10:17 a.m.
maj75 (Forum Supporter) said:

Tell me more about the carbines.  M1 I presume?

I am a moron. I meant carabiners, not carbines. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/19/20 10:17 a.m.

• Ordered new k02 tires for wifey. 

Well had an expensive lunch yesterday. We took both the 60s out. Wife commented, that hers need k02 tires like mine. She doesn't like the tires. So ordered new tires for her. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/19/20 10:19 a.m.
paddygarcia said:

A million years ago, when Autoweek was not only still published but I think still in the medium-large format, Denise McCluggage wrote a terrific (as always) column about the cars she'd owned. I can't remember the specifics, but it was a great list of small-bore Brit, German, and Italian classics. She said that when she talked with people about them they always said "think of what they'd be worth if you still had them", and she'd reply that if she still had the first she wouldn't have been able to buy the second.

Rich in experiences is pretty great :-)

I think I remember that article or reading it. I miss the Brock Yates articles about the end of the road in Wisconsin in the Jag E Type..... Denise was a great writer. Unlike the garbage on jalopnik etc that passes as "writing" these days. 

Thank you for sharing. 

Well I have billions in experiences. :)

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/23/20 2:06 p.m.

had a great time with friends this weekend. Land Cruiser was able to do all the black diamond trails with the sand toys. Got some p instripes due to width.   We didn't get there fast, but definitely got there!

Swapped drivers with friends. ALl commented,  how mint it was, how well it drove. 

Surprised how well it did with the garbage Hankook highway tires. Can't wait for the k02 to arrive and install 31" in two weeks

Getting out doing manual hub locks, was fun! HAH

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
12/1/20 4:53 p.m.

I was being a wannabe hipster in the Blue Land Cruiser, driving around, with my Starbucks in the cupholder enjoying the day. 

As I neared my house, a neighbor waved me down. I had seen them before, as we sometimes walk by their house, but never formally met them. 

He was 83 years old, and wanted to talk about the Land Cruiser. I didn’t think much of it, as I was just stopped at the gas station 45 minutes ago, with someone asking if I want to sell the Land Cruiser. 

Well he invited me to his driveway, he had 2 land Cruisers. He wanted to talk about it. Then his wife came out. 

His wife is a CV high school teacher, they are long retired. 

After a 45 minute conversation, not only did I make a new friend, they gave me presents for my kids for X mas, and he presented me with a book he wrote. 

Gentleman was the coach for Indonesian Athletes for 1964 Olympics. He was a professor of University of Sriwidjaja, and  a Peace Corp Volunteer, who got to meet Kennedy on multiple occasions. 

Talk about a cool outing!!!!!

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UJWTrebkOHHYFQOVlW2IJXkqb28ORafLP2508eCpdGgup7mMpMCEzLcFW8tgJ210