1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
11/11/22 10:00 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:
jfryjfry said:

Glad there looks to be a light at the end of the tunnel.  What a saga!

you said it was posted with two bad pictures - where did they list it??

Where old people list things. Autotrader :) 

Surprised it wasn't on Pennysaver. 

BTW how is your BRONCO? My evo was part of my bronco profit. She gone to a weed farmer in S. Carolina who paid huge bucks to get it :)

It's great.  My wife loves driving it.  Glad you made some $$ on yours.  

im also glad this eve worked out.   I think you bought the ticket and flew out for the same reason people buy lottery tickets and watch the drawings - what if??? 

ScottyB
ScottyB HalfDork
11/12/22 1:13 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

set of yokohama a052 has been ordered. Should be here next thursday 

the perfect tire for this thing. 

weirdly i had those exact same Kuhmo's on my 2.5RS for a while, surprisingly decent rallyx tires but please don't test that out on your evo or that guy's gonna come kick your door down lol.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
11/12/22 3:39 p.m.
jfryjfry said:
mr2s2000elise said:
jfryjfry said:

Glad there looks to be a light at the end of the tunnel.  What a saga!

you said it was posted with two bad pictures - where did they list it??

Where old people list things. Autotrader :) 

Surprised it wasn't on Pennysaver. 

BTW how is your BRONCO? My evo was part of my bronco profit. She gone to a weed farmer in S. Carolina who paid huge bucks to get it :)

It's great.  My wife loves driving it.  Glad you made some $$ on yours.  

im also glad this eve worked out.   I think you bought the ticket and flew out for the same reason people buy lottery tickets and watch the drawings - what if??? 

your wipers are living on a bronco in s carolina ❤️

great way you put it about the lottery - I have never played or won - But great way you put it 

hope is all with you my friend

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
11/12/22 3:40 p.m.
ScottyB said:
mr2s2000elise said:

weirdly i had those exact same Kuhmo's on my 2.5RS for a while, surprisingly decent rallyx tires but please don't test that out on your evo or that guy's gonna come kick your door down lol.

Haha! The tires were fantastic throughout the storm. I usually dont drive in the rain - but man they were confidence inspiring- not sure if it was the evo or the tires - but they were great 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
11/16/22 2:05 p.m.

accident
repaint
missing parts
rustmodded
still got 30 k 

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-mitsubishi-evolution-ix-89/

and the mint one got $90,000 earlier

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-mitsubishi-evolution-ix-71/ 

i feel pretty good about what i paid 

engiekev
engiekev HalfDork
11/16/22 4:36 p.m.

This has to be the craziest car buying story ever, but wow what a car!  That's probably one of the last in the country in that condition, no wonder some nutjobs were the ones holding onto it.  

Supremely jealous. Compared to the Corolla GR thats on the way soon, an Evo buy will appreciate more and is more special.  Looking forward to the updates on this.

Maybe I missed this, but did you disclose how many miles are on it?  MSRP on a IX MR was $37,000, in today's cash that is $54,000, so anything close to $30k would be a steal on an example this mint (as you can see by how much they are going for on BaT and other sites).

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
11/18/22 12:42 p.m.
engiekev said:

This has to be the craziest car buying story ever, but wow what a car!  That's probably one of the last in the country in that condition, no wonder some nutjobs were the ones holding onto it.  

Supremely jealous. Compared to the Corolla GR thats on the way soon, an Evo buy will appreciate more and is more special.  Looking forward to the updates on this.

Maybe I missed this, but did you disclose how many miles are on it?  MSRP on a IX MR was $37,000, in today's cash that is $54,000, so anything close to $30k would be a steal on an example this mint (as you can see by how much they are going for on BaT and other sites).

Thank you! Well I put 2K miles on it already. Let me see how much. I think 61k now. It does feel incredibly special. My only regret is I wish I bought it sooner. Then again, the time it was new, I was buying new Elise, Exige, S2000, and 4 door cars werent my thing. They still aren't, but it is a more of a necessity now. 

I paid around  original MSRP for it. 

I have been reading about the CF on the spoiler fading. Mine is perfect, I am wondering if some PPF will help it. After the holidays, all new fluids, and full timing belt service. 

For now just enjoying driving it. All other sports cars have been sitting. The handling, steering is amazing, for what from the outside is a plane jane sedan. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/18/22 3:37 p.m.

There's one near me with 5k miles for $75k and it isn't stock

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/18/22 6:55 p.m.

Prediction:  this will drive out STI prices too.  The same thing happened to FDs as Supras became unaffordable.  

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
11/19/22 11:26 a.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

Prediction:  this will drive out STI prices too.  The same thing happened to FDs as Supras became unaffordable.  

Fact! 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
11/19/22 11:28 a.m.

weirdest pairing? At least both wearing 235 rubber 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
11/19/22 11:29 a.m.
yupididit said:

There's one near me with 5k miles for $75k and it isn't stock

time is coming like Supra and ITR where people buying heavy modded ones- returning to stock for the big $ 

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/19/22 11:44 a.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

That is quite the odd couple

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
11/19/22 1:00 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

7.0 L vs 2.0 L 

3 neighbors (all 60s and 70s) complimented the caddy. 

2 women : "omg beautiful car." 

1 man: "i am from MI. My das was a peds neuro always drove these caddies"

----

caddy perfect for attracting grandmas. Evo perfect for attracting 16-35 year old boys/men

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/20/22 11:45 a.m.

I got to drive one when new from the dealership. Our shop had put graphics on the car for an inside car show at the local mall. About 15 miles total. Wow! I told my boss if I had one I'd lose my license in less than two weeks.

Congrats on a great buy! Amazing story. Could have been a Peter Egan tale from Road & Track.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
11/25/22 12:47 p.m.
mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
11/25/22 12:48 p.m.
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) said:

I got to drive one when new from the dealership. Our shop had put graphics on the car for an inside car show at the local mall. About 15 miles total. Wow! I told my boss if I had one I'd lose my license in less than two weeks.

Congrats on a great buy! Amazing story. Could have been a Peter Egan tale from Road & Track.

thsnks for the nice words!!! definitely license losing capability 

it makes me do silly things on the road 

enjoying it very much 

MuSTANK
MuSTANK Reader
11/25/22 1:11 p.m.
ScottyB said:
mr2s2000elise said:

MuSTANK
MuSTANK Reader
11/25/22 1:12 p.m.
MuSTANK said:
ScottyB said:
mr2s2000elise said:

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
11/28/22 1:25 p.m.

Mustank- say it again? 

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/28/22 6:26 p.m.

I'm still slightly disappointed that you didn't send the guy a picture like I sent you on my teggy drive home. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
12/1/22 1:25 p.m.
bmw88rider said:

I'm still slightly disappointed that you didn't send the guy a picture like I sent you on my teggy drive home. 

I didnt want him to give me a heart attack like you gave me :(

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
12/1/22 1:26 p.m.

Time to compare to wifes GTS

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UltraDork
12/1/22 2:13 p.m.

Will it get wet today ?

I guess since it was in the Northwest it had to have been in a rain a few times :)

Such a cool car ....

Absolutely beautiful story, you have way more patience than me and I get myself into some weird situations buying stuff. 

1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zya5eSzPKW3mnX7TobNyEfXPVi6nqxnyVGoEigmbOtvMBPWtHaDUSHbIWtrfwL6O