Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/19 1:58 a.m.

Ok, it’s time to send this one on down the road. Who needs a last-minute Challenge car/gastropod?

I’ve owned it just under a year & put less than 3000 miles on it. Basically I’ve reached a point where I have zero desire or motivation to work on my own vehicles, but also don’t love this one enough to pay someone to fix it. My ownership thread is here, and I’ll list it’s current status & pics below. 

I’m also looking for a 3/4 or 1-ton full-size(preferably passenger) van, and would  do cash+P71 for a good vehicle.

GOOD:

• Ex-detective car, so it has the full-width front seats, cloth back seat, and isn’t a biohazard. 
  • New windshield, RF lower ball joint, and blend door motor in the last year.
  • Has less than 126k on it & runs great.
  • There’s a bunch of spare & new parts that go with it. There’s a trunk lid, grill, steering wheel(with cruise), a couple fuse boxes(with fuses & relays), light assemblies(new & used), door card, and other stuff I’m forgetting. 

BAD: 

• The Freon has been slowly leaking over the past couple months & the last time I drove it the blower fan fuse blew(presumably due to a lack of compressor oil), which also took out the turn signals. I figured out which fuse it should be, but it’s doubtful I’ll replace it. 
  • I’ve had new KYB shocks for it since early June, but they’re still in the box. I also have a new lower LF ball joint(that I planned to replace when doing shocks, even though it’s not bad yet).
  • The LF tire has a belt separating. If it’s inflated fully it’s not bad, but if it gets 5lbs low it shakes like crazy. 
  • The RF window doesn’t work. I’m 99% sure I have a new window module in the stash of parts, but I’ve not looked for it. 
  • The shift linkage needs adjustment. Sometimes the park/neutral safety switch doesn’t get fully engaged & you have to drop it into neutral to get it to start. The parking pawl also doesn’t get engaged fully sometimes. The parking brake works though.
  • The body has scratches, broken trim, dings, etc. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
9/23/19 9:54 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

Ever wanted a lifted 96'Bronco on 35" mud tires?

Pete Gossett
9/23/19 10:02 p.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

Not until now...

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
9/23/19 10:54 p.m.

I'm in Montgomery Alabama and if I can come up with a legal car will gastrochallenge the e36m3 out of that cop car.  I will send you an email tomorrow through the forum contact thing

Pete Gossett
9/24/19 9:54 a.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

Please send or post some pics of the Bronco too!

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
9/24/19 10:00 a.m.

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
9/24/19 10:30 a.m.

Pete Gossett
9/24/19 6:39 p.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

Did you email me today? I’ve not received anything. 

Pete Gossett
10/2/19 5:56 a.m.

I’ve loaded the trunk & back seat with all the new & spare parts, someone bring $1500 and experience gastropod glory at the Challenge this year. 

Pete Gossett
10/4/19 6:26 p.m.

Sold!

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
10/4/19 6:35 p.m.

Is it challenge bound?

Pete Gossett
10/4/19 10:02 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

No, a localish guy needed a replacement vehicle asap.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/4/19 10:22 p.m.

Congrats

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
10/4/19 10:33 p.m.

That was a good deal!  I've got 266K miles on my '03 so your low-mileage version looks appealing ;)

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/5/19 6:23 p.m.
Justjim75 said:

What’s the scoop with this one? Is it posted on here? I tried PMing you but hear those are sketchy. 

And congrats on the sale. Looking for a winter DD and all that so I kept checking this ad, I guess waiting for a wild hair to hit me. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TBtJPfvF6dFPNqibDw87D2xI1aujXvtOIP6hZ3jrAMyXaiqYuUj9XsFjm9JgW6gy