spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/14/20 4:03 p.m.

Budgeted as Follows

$1000- Miata, on the wheels it's on I paid for the parts and Daylan installed them for me, we put a brand new exedy clutch, and brand new master cyl and slave cyl on the car.

$500- brand new oem type brake components and Core parts (these are already installed, but are budget exempt items.) If anyone from GRM has any issues with this, please let me know.

you have to buy everything for $1500.

Edit: IT HAS A TORSEN i completely forgot to mention that as I wrote the ad. 

I put brand new rotors, calipers and pads on this car front and rear to the letter of the rules to be challenge exept. as a caveat, powerstop incorrectly labeled their rear calipers for this car. so it has 94 calipers on it with the correct pads and rotors.

The Good and Bad:

runs and drives, i haven't done any extended testing, but Daylan pressed his luck running tagless and did a 15 mile test drive and extended idling without issue.

top does close and latch, but it is old, it's wearing a few holes in itself, so it's not 100% watertight i'm guessing.

it's been bonked in the rear, so the right rear tail light and surrounding area have been pushed in a little bit.

the trunk still opens and latches fine, but the key cyl on the trunk doesn't work. this may be related or because the key is old and worn. trunk opens fine from the inside so i've not been overly concerned about it.

Passenger window doesn't go up and down right now, haven't looked into why.

driver window is powered and does go up and down.

Has an aftermarket sony radio, which works fine and plays better than the radio did in Ronald the Crappy miata... to the point it actually annoys me with how good it sounds.

car is currently on some kind of drop springs on an OEM type replacement shocks.

has some different sizes of wheel lug nuts because some of the ones on the car before got rounded and had to be removed

8/14/20 4:31 p.m.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
8/14/20 5:23 p.m.

In reply to spacecadet (Forum Supporter) :

Is the car currently in Texas or Kentucky?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/14/20 5:29 p.m.

In reply to Indy "Nub" Guy :

Chicago

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/14/20 5:32 p.m.

Did we discuss rust?

Pete

Lockport, IL

8/14/20 6:43 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Minimal rust, it's got a little on lower rockers on the rear. 

Car was previously in virginia and was being built for spec miata before it became a challenge car. 

It also has a Torsen rear end. I am unsure if it's a 4.1 or 4.3 

Car is located in Batavia,IL. 

I forgot to copy that over from the other Ad. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
8/14/20 8:12 p.m.

What year is it?  Is it a 1.6 or 1.8 car?   Is the drivetrain about as solid as you'd expect from such an animal?

8/14/20 9:06 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) :

more important info i forgot, it's a 92 1.6 car.

seems pretty solid to me, but it doesn't fit my original plans anymore of taking it back to texas. so I'm trying to sell it here in IL.

transmission shifts fine and I've got 3 quarts of redline for the new owner to put in it.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/18/20 8:50 a.m.

I'd really like someone else to buy this so... BUMP

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/18/20 8:51 p.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) said:

What year is it?  Is it a 1.6 or 1.8 car?   Is the drivetrain about as solid as you'd expect from such an animal?

I drove the car a few miles after putting the clutch and brakes in it. Engine seemed healthy and the trans shifts smooth. It got an oil change and a new battery while it was in my care but we ran out of time to get anything else done before I had to leave town for work. 

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
8/18/20 10:35 p.m.
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) :

transmission shifts fine and I've got 3 quarts of redline for the new owner to put in it.

That's sad because I put in the unicorn piss Ford sells...

8/19/20 1:36 a.m.

In reply to Ranger50 :

I feel bad about how much of it got dumped on the garage floor now.

drewski1611
drewski1611 New Reader
8/19/20 9:01 a.m.

Sent a PM...

8/19/20 2:32 p.m.

In reply to drewski1611 :

you've got a message back from me.

8/19/20 9:30 p.m.

Pending sale

8/23/20 8:05 p.m.

SOLD SOLD SOLD

drewski1611
drewski1611 New Reader
8/25/20 10:19 p.m.

A little late on this, but! Thanks for makin' this little guy available. It seems happy to be here.
A build thread should be up soon.

8/26/20 2:58 a.m.

In reply to drewski1611 :

Here is the thread spacecadet started for the car with few posts from me as I made progress. Feel free to start your own but there's that if you haven't seen it. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions you think I might have answers to. I had my hands in it quite a bit in my short time with the car.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
R5JeroO4VNZlx0GWcbPPwGreuP9nTrsfY2fZy38tJv1qAJFHcF8RnmNZDwNB4TF7