wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
2/25/22 1:28 p.m.

The motorcycle addiction has really taken hold and I need a bay back to put in a bike lift so I can complete a late 30's Harley project. Willing to trade for a bike, SuperVeloce Oro or vintage big CI Harley flathead. Cash any way. 

Title is in hand, car is registered in California and "street legal" 

Major Points. 

• Fully caged. 
  • Ecotec 2.4 NA swap on 091 Weddle Transmission with 5.56 main gear. 
    • Built motor by Apex, ~400hp was originally turbo charged but has been removed and detuned to ~220-240hp on pump gas. 
  • Full cell
  • PRP Seats
  • Full fox suspension, rebuilt ~2K miles ago. 
  • Method wheels. 
  • Rear is 3X3 boxed on 930 Turbo axles. 
  • Front is a 5X6 with another 3 inches added by wheel offset. 
  • 400w power steering switchable. 
  • CB/Radio and cockpit communications for co driver. 
  • Brand new K02 15/33/12.5 tires 

Way to much money spent on this. While it looks like a class 5 baja its better to think about it as a drift car for the desert. NEeds to go to someone who really likes VW's and attention or someone who wants to use it on dirt. It will do 90mph on the freeway spinning at ~5400rpm. Put a 4.43 gear in it and it will fly on the street. Right now geared for dirt. 

Issues. 

I have it on big injectors and tuned with fuel pressure and ECU for pump gas. That way I could go back to turbo if I wanted. Transmission will not survive 400hp and you will need to call Mendiola and spend $$$ if you want to go that route.  2nd gear syncro is going out but gear is still fine, just requires a double clutch.  RMS leaks when you don;t drive the car every week, which I don't. 

NOTES: Power steering means a 10 year old kid can tun the wheel with a single finger. But its a a 1/2 turn from center to lock and its setup with massive Ackerman so this thing is twitchy to drive with the power steering one. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/25/22 1:30 p.m.

Uh, is that your Fury Road bug? Also, linky?

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
2/25/22 1:34 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Added the text. Got deleted when I posted the pictures. Shot me an offer people I have zero idea what it is worth. Street ectotech bugs are going for 12-13K. This has a solid 40-45K build all in and has been freshly prepped. Something that starts with a 2 sounds like where it should go.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
2/25/22 1:36 p.m.

Well that's amazing! How much?

never mind, just saw your follow up. Super cool bug. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/25/22 2:24 p.m.
wearymicrobe said:

In reply to Appleseed :

Added the text. Got deleted when I posted the pictures. Shot me an offer people I have zero idea what it is worth. Street ectotech bugs are going for 12-13K. This has a solid 40-45K build all in and has been freshly prepped. Something that starts with a 2 sounds like where it should go.

OK, i'll start at $2, which begins *and* ends with a 2.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/25/22 5:56 p.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe :

You don't berk around with vehicles. I could never offer you what its worth.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ssAya9NAad01ORIB7yB1yWamKnaBRBJl7dCAU031qynjQxN8eNuWfkIuW7oNzERs