1 2
captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
11/20/21 4:27 p.m.

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD  SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD  SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

So I finally drug this back to my house after purchase almost a month ago and have come to the realization it's just not the project for me. I don't have the time to dedicate to rust repair and quite frankly just feel overwhelmed thinking about it. I spent the day pulling carpet and vacuuming the interior to get a good idea of how bad the floor pans are. While not completely terrible, they also aren't great. Going to need either patch work or rip all of the old out and put in something new. I haven't tried to turn the engine over so let's just assume it's locked up. Trans moves through the gears and oddly enough the car rolls around amazingly. No stuck brakes to fiddle with so that's kinda neat. It's pretty dang complete and pretty rare to find a 2 door coupe these days. Trunk floor needs replaced. This is a Roadkill project or a super time involved project. That's probably the best way to describe it.

With that said, the chassis rails are in great shape. You could put some sweat equity in this one and come out with a neato coupe that no one else has.

I'm located in Bella Vista Arkansas. If you want to own this car and are a GRM member the price is $500. I have a clean title in my name ready to sign over. I'll be losing over $1000 selling for this price but would like to see it become something. If I don't get any traction here within a couple weeks I'll post via FB. You can email me directly at dh318x @ gmail . com

Also interested in some horse trading if you got something neato for trade.

I'll post some better pics tomorrow and here's the thread I originally put up before purchase CLICK ME

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/20/21 5:12 p.m.

That's got nice roof lines.  Not enthusiastic about the grille, but the side profile is nice

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/20/21 5:28 p.m.

Nope, nope, didn't see this.  I'll wake up tomorrow with no memory.

WillG80
WillG80 GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/20/21 10:05 p.m.

I'm glad this is almost 1,000 miles away from me. 

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
11/21/21 8:59 a.m.

No other pics yet, but also interested in some horse trading.

Also inspirational pics....

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
11/21/21 9:03 a.m.

maisgelb
maisgelb GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/21/21 8:52 p.m.

I really like the lines on these. I'm not up for a road trip but I could be tempted if someone has an empty trailer going from Arkansas to Ohio. It's not exactly neato, but I have a Subaru Legacy that needs a new home. 

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth HalfDork
11/21/21 10:09 p.m.

This should be illegal selling crack that cheap...

JShaawbaru
JShaawbaru New Reader
11/22/21 6:14 a.m.

In reply to maisgelb :

Depending on where in Ohio, and how quickly you could get things worked out, I'm delivering a car partway to captainawesome this Saturday, and then swapping it onto his trailer for him to take home. Obviously it would be up to him, but if he brought it when he met up with me, I could likely get it the rest of the way to you on my way home (I live in Waterford, MI).

This offer would apply to anyone else reasonably on my way home, that weekend only, assuming captainawesome is up for bringing it with him to pick up his car from me.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/22/21 7:22 a.m.

i can't drive to Arkansas but could definitely get to waterford or even meet jshaawbaru in toledo with an empty trailer

this is right up the "i have one more top challenge car in me that i want to keep nice to drive on street when done" alley I've been itching to head down soon and collecting parts for

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
11/22/21 8:14 a.m.

Looks like this one is finding a new home. Really hoping we get to see this thing come to life through a build thread.

maisgelb
11/22/21 2:47 p.m.

In reply to captainawesome :

Did I just buy a car? If so, I should probably tell my wife or find a place to hide it... wink

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
11/22/21 2:54 p.m.

In reply to maisgelb :

You'll have to arm wrestle Patrick for it or whatever dual tickles his fancy. I think I glazed over most of what was posted in this thread before realizing the trailer option was propositioned here and not privately by JShaawbaru. Didn't get much sleep last night, so I apologize for skipping you in the line.

maisgelb
11/22/21 3:08 p.m.

In reply to captainawesome :

Not a problem. Life at home will be easier this way. I'm looking forward to the build thread!

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
11/22/21 3:38 p.m.

Whew ...... 

I'm glad I was able to exercise self restraint and not chime in with an attempt to buy it when I saw it first pop up here.

Dodged a bullet.

Patrick, good luck with this one my friend.  Looking forward to see what you do with it.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/22/21 5:21 p.m.

In reply to maisgelb :

Hope i didn't step on your toes, i saw the pics and scrolled down to see someone could bring it east and threw my number in the mix.  

maisgelb
11/22/21 5:57 p.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

Not at all. I jumped in on impulse to see what might be possible. It will be 6-12 months until I really have time to tackle a new project, so the timing wasn't great. Let me know if you change your mind or decide to sell in the future. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/17/22 12:29 p.m.
maisgelb said:

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

Not at all. I jumped in on impulse to see what might be possible. It will be 6-12 months until I really have time to tackle a new project, so the timing wasn't great. Let me know if you change your mind or decide to sell in the future. 

Sent you a PM.  If you pass this will be back available, i'm sick of being the guy with 15 cars and only 3 function

maisgelb
maisgelb GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/17/22 5:42 p.m.
Patrick said:

Sent you a PM.  If you pass this will be back available, i'm sick of being the guy with 15 cars and only 3 function

Thanks for giving me another chance at the Corona! I'm going to pass. Once again the timing is off... I just bought a Scirocco project with a friend.

Patrick
3/19/22 3:36 p.m.

Ok.  For sale again, price is $650 which is my investment and I don't like making money off grm members

i committed to this right before the challenge whine-athon post turned me off of the event, and i'm purging anything that doesn't spark joy in my life.  

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
3/25/22 12:00 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Did it sell yet? I gotta read more details, and figure logistics - as well as get it past SHMBO, but love the look!

Patrick
3/25/22 7:48 a.m.

It's here in my trailer ready to go to whoever wants it 

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
3/25/22 10:25 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I doubt I can get SHMBO on board with the plan; but just for ammo - er, info, um - I can work on her with, how close to Richmond VA, reilgh nc, Alabama or SC could it make it, sometime in the next year or so? (I know, you want it gone today, but...)

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
3/25/22 10:37 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

This would look nice next to my spitfire 

Patrick
3/25/22 11:51 a.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

you know where I live.

03panther not likely traveling south anytime soon, just made my NC run and wouldn't have had room anyway because my trailer was full

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eNCfiH74SD5iwEYm0Z1oe22MQUDotqa2d1V9VemCXbiutKswIMAgbfgUi8uq3m1D