TR7 (Forum Supporter)
TR7 (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/19/21 10:46 a.m.

I need to sell my stalled Spitfire project to make room for a different car. Its a 1972 mkIV with a 1500 motor and single rail trans (not in the car of course, hence project). There is some rust in the front drivers floorboard that has a patch riveted on, from what I remember everything else is OK (not great, but serviceable). Top is in good shape, paint is rough. Comes with assorted spare parts, and 1 (maybe 2?) extra engine blocks, wheels, whatever else I can find. Willing to make deals on whatever is there, car, engines, parts, however you want to package it. Need it gone, I have to evict it from its current garage and it will end up outside my house. Located in southern NJ, ~30 min outside of Philadelphia. 

porschenut
porschenut Reader
7/19/21 12:58 p.m.

Interested but I think the price is a little high. Nevertheless, PMed with my cell #

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
7/19/21 5:58 p.m.

I spy...an OD transmission.  Is that no longer with the car?  

TR7 (Forum Supporter)
TR7 (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/20/21 11:18 a.m.
spitfirebill said:

I spy...an OD transmission.  Is that no longer with the car?  

The clear answer is yes, no, maybe, it depends. I actually have 2 spitfires and probably an extra car worth of parts. I am still on the fence if I want to get out of spitfires completely, or hold onto one. 

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/20/21 3:28 p.m.

Funny how this works, everyone seems to have more than one..... I am up to 6 at the moment :-)

GLWTS

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/21/21 10:20 p.m.

Nephew has a 78 1500, anything interchangeable? Dunno what parts he may need tho, his does run and drive and all

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/22/21 12:23 a.m.

Price?

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/22/21 7:03 a.m.

Also not seeing a price.  Unfortunately, I have no room for another Spitfire project, but if you have a complete late-model steering column I would be interested.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oOWtVsMvOz03Rh9rN1BYvd37gSNSkw0WAe8l3rUjRqGOIeqfcUqYiOvyrM8vG7ML