1 2
paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Reader
8/9/13 8:59 p.m.

Hey fujioko,

Thanks for coming by today to help me out, I really appreciate it. I've been pulling my hair out for weeks trying to figure out what was going on!

paranoid_android74 wrote: Seriously?! I do need help- can't get the ignition sorted properly. Send me an email to owensdad74@gmail.com when you have a little free time! Thanks man!
fujioko wrote:
paranoid_android74 wrote: Dude, you are killing me! I only have room for one, and that spot is taken by a Midget I can't get to run...
I have been wrenching on these little British cars since I was nine. My first gig was putting a transmission in my dad's GT6. Anyway, if you need a hand with the Midget let me know. I'm in Ann Arbor every day.
Ian F wrote: One of the NASS guys in MD runs a hardtop on his car year-round because he likes how it stiffens it. It's pretty much his daily driver although he does have a truck for nasty weather days.
I have had the hardtop forever and only put it on the car when it was in storage, never drove it with the hardtop before. It's awesome! A few months ago I put a hardtop on my Miata and love it! I have been having a lot of fun with the Spitfire but I'm not to thrilled with the tires. They are at least 16 years old and I'm concerned about safety. I'm going to see about replacing them this week.
fujioko
fujioko Reader
8/12/13 9:21 a.m.

Price drop to $3950.00 Just put on new tires! This is crazy cheap!

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
8/12/13 9:46 a.m.

Wah!

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Reader
8/12/13 10:44 a.m.

Man, the deal just got better!

Ian F wrote: Wah!
fujioko
fujioko Reader
8/13/13 8:15 a.m.
paranoid_android74 wrote: Man, the deal just got better!
Ian F wrote: Wah!

Yeah, this is crazy cheap, The market seems to be totally dead. Pretty scary.

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
8/13/13 8:58 a.m.

Wow, too bad infant car seats and LBCs don't mix. What a great deal for a rust free Triumph in MI.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
8/13/13 9:11 a.m.
fujioko wrote: Yeah, this is crazy cheap, The market seems to be totally dead. Pretty scary.

Sure you wouldn't trade for an E30? I'll even fix it?

Unfortunately, that still doesn't solve my storage and/or back-up DD problems...

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 HalfDork
8/14/13 9:56 a.m.
fujioko
fujioko Reader
8/17/13 11:49 a.m.
JohnyHachi6 wrote: Just ran into this: http://bringatrailer.com/2013/08/13/1979-triumph-spitfire-1500/ GLWS.

Thanks Johnny!
Yeah, a lot of interest and emails came from the BaT listing, however no firm offers have been accepted. The car is still for sale and can be inspected at my home in Jackson or in Ann Arbor.

I monitor the BaT listing and can answer questions here or on BaT.

Jim

grpb
grpb Reader
8/17/13 1:39 p.m.

Very nice Spitfire, great to see them unrestored and original. Just a suggestion, it may be more effective to park the car in a high foot traffic area with a for sale sign on it. The potential buyer is probably someone that doesn't even know they want your Spit until they see it sitting there with the for sale sign on it.

Any downtown area would be good, Jackson, Saline, Ann Arbor, etc, just park yourself in one of the coffee shops where you can see the car with a good book and spend a couple hours.

Woodward would probably be good too but it's real far and alot of pain involved.

I'm in downtown Ypsi and get all the Haab's foot traffic, you could park it out front here and leave it all day if you want, I mind the gallery Sat and Sun so I can keep an eye on it. Although quality and quantity of foot traffic would be better in any of the other places mentioned.

fujioko
fujioko Reader
9/14/13 12:43 p.m.

Still available.

I think I have had over 100 emails on the car so far but no one has actually come out to look the car over.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vJ63eDQEv38xkSSt4WjOeQeJO5z5mEOZPzkPzcqcxdBMdbXgM7SqCFmbCxgkSGC7