1 2
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/28/20 4:11 p.m.
engiekev said:

Doeds the weber 32/36 have an electric or manual choke? The electric choke on those is finnicky but once you get it working right it's amazing for first cold start.  That's what we have on our Montero, really reliable carburetor.

Electric. It fired up at 41deg this morning with 2 pumps of throttle. 

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/28/20 4:11 p.m.
ebelements said:

I want this for purely nostalgic reasons, seeing as one of my first cars was an '87 Charger 2.2 carb'd. At ten years old and maybe 60k miles it was surprisingly as worn as any 30 year old car. Even so, I beat that car as hard, if not harder, than any 16 year old has ever beaten on a car, and it was always good to me. 

These are not good cars but they have something about them that will force you to love them. 

GLWS. Someone is going to get some good memories, as well as some good frustrations. If I had the space, or less projects-in-progress, I would be driving the two hours to come get this. Because nostalgia wipes away all the horrible times that a 2.2l carbed K car tried to kill me.

I'd love it to go to a good home. 

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/4/20 5:05 p.m.

Edit: just saw you’d emailed, I’ll just reply to that.

drainoil
drainoil Dork
10/5/20 6:26 p.m.

Do like, can't afford now, glws.

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
10/8/20 12:47 p.m.

There is a small chance I end up with the mustang at challenge, if that is the case, I could easily justify heading your way on the trip back. If you haven't sold it yet. Small chance. 

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/26/20 2:08 p.m.

Swapping on non AC alternator bracket and rebuilt alternator this week, cleaned the carb and found some more parts to throw in. 

11/15/20 4:17 p.m.

Wheel bearings/hubs, rotors, brake shoes, lines, a few interior bits added to it's pile.

11/22/20 2:32 p.m.

Price drop to $1200

greenfieldhippi
greenfieldhippi Reader
11/22/20 6:43 p.m.

any closer I'd offer you my 50s ford tractor and a Saab

11/23/20 7:09 a.m.

In reply to greenfieldhippi :

I do love old tractors! 

greenfieldhippi
greenfieldhippi Reader
11/23/20 5:00 p.m.

In reply to Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) :

1950s-60s Ford 9n it ran about a year ago and I'm sure it would again with some fuel line cleaning and a battery.

If you think the Omni could drive to Texas and you'd hold it until Southern Ohio Forest Rally I could bring the tractor and some other old farming equipment, something that goes bang, or something else to throw in the deal.

Edit: I more than understand that it's a long shot idea but there fwiw 

11/23/20 5:29 p.m.

In reply to greenfieldhippi :

I think it would make it. Not 100% never know with old cars. Fire me a message or text and we can talk about it. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
W5zUzm4zATZ3W3QcAfirSpB04U2yGT8JMyAHrg0CkYCqpiJ04uJUugpvt3BNQ8DV