1 2
CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/12/21 7:19 a.m.

***Car is Sold, thanks all!***

Last price drop before I put it on the local market-let's get this thing sold! If you need to arrange transport I can hold the car for 2 weeks on a non-refundable deposit. Any advice for the listing is welcome as well.

I'm selling my challenge CRX due to time constraints. First come first serve but preference will be given to $2000 competitors-I want to see this thing run at the challenge. Car starts, runs, stops and would need to be street tuned and aligned to be competitive. Car is located near Fort Myers, FL, 4 hours south of Gainesville, has  title and is currently registered.

See build thread for pics and many details or just ask me for what you'd like to see.

1991 CRX HF: $1450

Originally purchased from GRM’er here: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/201x-classifieds/crx-hf-abandoned-project-500-all-mine-unfortunatel/137350/page1/

Extensive build thread here: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/2000-challenge/2018-challenge-build-1991-honda-crx/142407/page1/

Car had damage on the rear passenger's fender when I got it (see pics in threads). I pulled the fender out with a come-along in my driveway. I don't think the frame was tweaked, but didn't have a body shop check because it of the budget hit. Car is a rust-free florida car as well.

D16a6 swapped in and rebuilt. Rebuild included all new gaskets, rings, MLS head gasket, timing belt, bearings along with eagle-style rods and vitara pistons. Both block and head were machined and valves were done as well. Estimated compression 8:1 for easy tuning. No weird sounds/knocks.

D16z6 intake, Larger Throttlebody, possibly from b18 (Acura LS) engine

Ebay Turbo setup, making boost but not tuned. I hate bench racing but the turbo and supporting mods should support 300hp very easily.

450 DSM blue top injectors

Upgraded walbro fuel pump (255 I think?)

Currently running just the downpipe

Obd0>1 conversion done, running chipped p28 ECU. Caps in ECU have been replaced. No check engine lights.

New obd1/2 Distributor on car

Upgraded brake package (Si rotors and calipers on the front, later model civic control arms/pads/disks on back), Hawk HPS pads

Adjustable upper A-arms (ebay)

Adjustable camber links on the back

Innovative traction bar on the front

Rustoleum Sunrise Red paint job-looks good when shined up, some lumpiness around the wheel arches from my amateur bondo effort (see build thread)

Car is gutted from doors back, AC/HVAC removed

Wheels on car are civic HX 14" with Falken Azeni tires. Date code 2015.

Not on the car, but included:

Fake Raccaro seats, faded and black. 

Spare chipped OBD1 ECU w/capacitors already replaced. Ignition module has been replaced as well.

Spare 15x7 wheels, tires not included

Heavier springs on unknown shocks

Innovative Front engine mount

Chinese Electric Boost Controller

6 RC550 Injectors

2 junk but rebuildable t3 turbos from a Ford 2.3 

Car Cover

Spare MLS headgasket

2 old, not working obd 1/2 Distributors

Nearly complete set of rubber gaskets for the engine

E36 M3load of bolts, bits and bobs

Separate Parts Lot: $200

Spare turbo charger, charge piping, BOV, WG, and intercooler. Everything except oil line and exhaust manifold  I think

570 injectors, think they are from a Mazda r7

d16a6 A6 valve cover with breather fittings

Rear Sway bar

Neuspeed front shock tower bar (!)

Tooling also for sale: $100

Ostritch 2 tuning cable and crappy laptop with tuning program (Honda tuning Suite)

Moates Chip Burner

Wideband O2 sensor and innovate AFR gauge

Tire/wheel Package: $200

Hoosier 225/45/15 A7 tires (Takeoffs from 2020 solo nats I think?) on 15” wheels

The wheels have a 50$ value for challenge purposes (that’s what I bought them at)

Email me at d.l.r (aaaaaat)mac.com. I watch my toddler son during the day so don't worry if I don't respond right away. I'll try to unpack some boxes tonight for specifics (spring rates) and snap some pics of the seats.

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
10/12/21 9:03 a.m.

Dang. So far away.

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/12/21 2:03 p.m.

Why so close?   Annnd it's a car I've been thinking of replacing my bugeye wagon with. 

What's the title status? interior shots?

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/12/21 3:24 p.m.

Dang. That's tempting to grab on the way to the challenge. I can't take on another project though. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/12/21 3:42 p.m.

Why do people have to tempt me with deals?

Anyone coming to the event that could tune this in a short period of time? 

rodknock
rodknock Reader
10/12/21 3:43 p.m.

Dang the want is strong. Do you think it would make the drive back to Ohio? 

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/12/21 4:18 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

Convince Blair to come. 

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/12/21 7:40 p.m.

Trying figure out where I can wiggle 2500 into my budget for another toy. I need to sell some E35 M3.

Edit. I'm out for now. SWMBO threatened to go get another dog if I brought home another car without moving a few out first. .... FINE.. I'll adult or something. cheeky

CrustyRedXpress
10/13/21 6:42 a.m.

Good interest, no takers yet. Car has been mostly sitting for the past year-it would probably make it to Ohio but I can't condone it. Bring a trailer unless you're close by, or ask a fellow challenger if they have room on their trailer for the way back up north.

Title is clear and in my name. 

See below for pics of interior and seats. I have the center console for the interior and  haven't bothered to clean the inside since the last wrenching session. Seats are junk-yard fresh and will likely clean up some. The original rails are included so mounting should be pretty easy. Lots of pics in the build thread as well.

Don't let your challenge dreams be dreams!

calteg
calteg Dork
10/13/21 7:18 a.m.

Hrmmm, I'll be in Miami in two weeks, but I don't suspect this thing will make a trip back to TX under its own power.

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
10/13/21 7:39 a.m.

I still really want to buy. Just need to figure out transport to NW Arkansas.

CrustyRedXpress
10/16/21 8:20 a.m.

Price dropped to $1750 OBO! Let's get thing thing sold!

Any advice on the listing is welcome as well. 

What do you need to see to purchase this car and put a smile on your face?

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/16/21 8:42 a.m.

Oh gawd. 

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
10/16/21 8:56 a.m.

In reply to CrustyRedXpress :

Sending a PM

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UltraDork
10/16/21 9:05 a.m.

Gosh, if I didn't already have a driveway full of too many hoopties...

Have you advertised it for sale anywhere else? Seems like you could get way more than challenge budget for it from a Honda fan. These are getting harder and herder to find.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/16/21 9:05 a.m.

If I abandon my G35 after working on it tomorrow, I'll PM you. 

CrustyRedXpress
10/16/21 9:50 a.m.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. All emails have been responded to-if I didn't respond to yours let me know on this thread. 

The car (and especially parts lot!) are definitely worth more locally.

I'd like to see it at the challenge and am frankly worried that some kid will buy it and get themselves killed. Local tuners will put a tune on this for $165 and I don't want to be responsible for what happens when some 17 year old makes a bad decision. 

Rust-free CRX shells are rare, but in it's current state it's very much a $2000 challenge competitor and not a daily driver.

old_
old_ HalfDork
10/16/21 10:23 p.m.

I DD'd a crx in waaay worse shape than this for like 4 years. Someone buy this

CrustyRedXpress
10/23/21 10:53 a.m.

Bump for price drop. Now $1450 for the car, last drop before I list it locally.

Had a request for pics of the fender that was pulled straight-this is what it looks like as of yesterday. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/23/21 11:28 a.m.

Ugh. If i could find a way to get it to nc id be in trouble....

8 cars. I have 8 cars.....

CrustyRedXpress
10/23/21 11:37 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

8 cars is a lot. But at the $1450 price point I think this one could win the challenge, and frankly a lot of the hard work (body, paint, engine assembly and machining) is done. 

I can keep the car for two weeks while transportation is worked out-maybe longer for a known competitor like you. It might be worth looking at car haulers or a fly-and-uhaul back as well.

And don't forget, transport costs arn't included in the budget =)

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
10/23/21 2:39 p.m.

Who's passing through Dayton OH with an empty trailer??

CrustyRedXpress
10/23/21 5:15 p.m.

EDIT 10/8: Cancel the below-buyer had to back out so Crusty is back on the market!

Sold pending pickup.

New Owner is a long-time GRM'er who is planning on his first challenge next year =)

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltimaDork
10/23/21 7:20 p.m.

In reply to CrustyRedXpress :

Good because I really don't want to come back to Florida right away.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
10/24/21 1:09 p.m.

Im glad someone has committed to your Crx. It looks like a great car and ready to compete. It should do well in 2022. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
S91UnQTDkhXMjFd31n35XNhZAzMMwNVw8OZGHWm5tTlm3LpWov83EVUx9PeUvL8X