dcteague
dcteague New Reader
12/12/17 6:51 p.m.

Looking for $7500 - pretty firm price.  Pics can be seen on Craigslist at Craigslist Ad

Purchased a few years ago as a project car with the intentions of turning into a street legal HPDE/Track car. Car has a salvage title and suffered a front end collision that took out the hood and bumper, but did not have any other structural damage, chassis is straight.

Car has 102K on the chassis and has been garaged since purchase - appears to have been garaged previously given overall condition of the car. Engine is largely stock and strong, car is solid, and is a great winter project that's very close to track-ready. Have receipts for all parts as well as original insurance appraisal if pursuing street registration. Title has not yet been transferred but can be depending on what the buyer is pursuing. If you intend to register the car, additional time will be required so that I can process title paperwork - just don't want to waste the tax fees if it will be used exclusively for track and towed.

Restraint system warning light has been disabled - please inquire regarding this if the system needs to be reinstalled or you intend to register for inspection.

I have a decent amount invested in both time and parts, including the original purchase of the car. Depending on location, getting it registered may be relatively easy or could be very hard (such as in MA). 

Engine/Drivetrain
• Aluminum Radiator
• Mishimoto Silicon Coolant lines and intake bellow
• Steward water pump and Aluminum thermostat housing
• Turner Motorsport underdrive pulley kit

Exterior
• New convertible top
• Newly painted hood and front M bumper (repaired)
• Aluminum Undercarriage Panel

Interior/Safety
• Hard Dog Roll Bar
• Custom Aluminum Honeycomb floor boards
• Bimarco Futuro seats with Custom M Logo Covers
• Custom center console with toggle panel and gauge panel (oil pressure, oil temp, and water temp)
• Aux fused power panel for additional manually activated components (fans, alarms, etc.)
• 6-Point cam-lock harnesses and arm-restraints
• Custom fire rated fiberglass interior door skins and pulls
• Electrical kill switch
Sparco Steering Wheel and Adapter

Suspension/Brakes
• Turner Motorsports Front strut brace
• Slotted rotors front (not yet installed but included)
• Hawk track pads (not yet installed but included)

This car is sold as is, but is as described. It runs strong, and is a solid chassis to build on if intending to build a full blown track car. If I hadn't decided to move to a Porsche it would be staying in my garage and will be on the track this spring, but I need to make room for a new Boxster project.

No low ballers - given the various components this car is worth far more than asking if parted so I won't entertain giving it away but will consider rational discussion.

Will post pics once I can find a way to do that.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/12/17 7:48 p.m.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
12/12/17 7:57 p.m.

Love it. Awesome color. I wish I was in the market for a track car. 

killeen_john
killeen_john New Reader
12/13/17 1:05 p.m.

Looks really well done.  Good luck with the sale.

Durty
Durty New Reader
12/14/17 6:15 p.m.

I was in the market for this exact car last month. Now I have a miata. 

bad luck. Sorry for both of us. 

-durty

thebigchill
thebigchill New Reader
12/16/17 9:21 a.m.

Talk to me about subframe reinforcements. 

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
12/16/17 9:43 a.m.

Great looking car, I wish i was in the market. 

I would advise that regardless of intended future use, you should get a title. Even if the next owner doesn' care, future buyers will.  Especially when this model of BMW begins appreciating in value.

dcteague
dcteague New Reader
12/27/17 12:32 p.m.

In reply to thebigchill :

None as of yet but if I end up keeping it I'll install some.  Thus far though I see no issues.

dcteague
dcteague New Reader
12/27/17 12:33 p.m.

I'll be getting that this week to reduce the headache of this later.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
q2MQUJu0tdUfJlC55GOddHpXUUrxfzEoWhgzhYiIq4hUB9yx2xLf527r0mzEcNDa