1 2
secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/7/22 6:40 p.m.

Sold to clown killer aka Wayne!

Clear title in my hand.  Formerly Patrick from this forum's WRX.  Willing to negotiate and write up however you like.  Comes with all the spare parts shown in his ad here Patrick's Ad

It's gotta go.  Moving far away into a small apartment with one parking space.  Would love to see it disappear this weekend. 

It has been sitting most of the time since I purchased it.  Initially because there was no record of the timing belt being changed recently and then the clutch went out.  I have most of the parts for a timing belt change, maybe all I don't remember.  Battery is dead and the hood release cable gave up when I tried to open it a few minutes ago to hook up a charger.  I gave up at that point.  I have more urgent things to attend to...

The spare engine is off site about 40 minute drive away with difficult access for a trailer.  If somebody with legitimate interest is coming to see it, I will make efforts to get the engine back to my house.  It may have to sit in the bed of my truck so I don't want to bring it and ruin it if it rains...

I get PM's from here, but it is an email that I don't normally check and probably won't make time to do so much with all I have going on so it is probably best to call or text me (number removed) If you call and I don't answer please leave a message. 

Pics taken earlier this evening...

Cooter
Cooter PowerDork
1/7/22 6:54 p.m.

Location? ~EDIT~  Reread the title.  d'ooh!

Is the clutch still non-functional?    I assume so, but you know how that goes...

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/7/22 7:08 p.m.

Sigh.  I wish i could grab it back, but it's kinda like taking a significant other back after they've been with someone else, it's never the same the second go-around.  

for anyone looking, this was a very good car for me and is pretty darn solid as it was in MO and southern IL until not a very long time before I bought it, so it was only exposed to real winters a handful of years.  

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
1/7/22 7:33 p.m.

Oh crap. Another car I don't need that I'm gonna HAVE to go look at because I am local!!

1/7/22 7:37 p.m.

In reply to Cooter :

Yes. Clutch is still bad. Not going to be fixed in my ownership. If you get the hood open & jump it it might limp on a trailer under it's own power.

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
1/7/22 7:38 p.m.

I wish I could, but it ain't in the cards for me. I could enable someone that needs a place for it; I'd even kick a bike project out of the carport for that!

I west of Dothan AL, and might be able to pick it up for the cost of the diesel I'd burn. 
If the car does not sell in time for ya, (I think you'll have no problem) we could work out getting it here till it did. 

1/7/22 7:39 p.m.

In reply to SV reX :

I think you have the address...  devil

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
1/7/22 7:42 p.m.

In reply to secretariata (Forum Supporter) :

Yep. 

I really should hate you, but I like you too much!

1/7/22 7:42 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

If it doesn't sell, I'll donate it to a charity. I'm moving 2 states away & don't need to hang on to stuff I can't take with me.

1/7/22 7:44 p.m.

In reply to SV reX :

I'll be in the area through Tuesday afternoon, then back & forth for a week or so.

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
1/7/22 7:46 p.m.

In reply to secretariata (Forum Supporter) :

Honestly, it would be nice to see you, but this car really wouldn't fit into my life right now. I won't lead you on. 

1/7/22 7:53 p.m.

In reply to SV reX :

Understood.  We all gots to do what we gots to do... smiley

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
1/7/22 7:55 p.m.
secretariata (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to 03Panther :

If it doesn't sell, I'll donate it to a charity. I'm moving 2 states away & don't need to hang on to stuff I can't take with me.

I probably don't count for the tax break, but... angel

or should I put: devil

cheeky

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth HalfDork
1/7/22 8:07 p.m.

Don't tempt me ....I don't need it...I didn't see this...my wife would  kill me.....

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/7/22 8:48 p.m.

At that price, 15 minutes on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace should have it gone in a day.

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma New Reader
1/7/22 8:50 p.m.

I wonder if I put an offer in on this will Patrick let me keep it in his yard temporarily or will he burn the car down first lol

1/7/22 9:18 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) :

Might not be at that price on CL. Not gonna deal with shiny happy people & give deals...

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/8/22 8:49 a.m.

Part of me almost texted you last night to see what the lowest i could get it back for was but I felt like an opportunistic vulture and deleted it. Plus i'd have to make Michael go get it.  

if there's a "patrick come get it" vs "berkeley this i'm donating it" number i'm not saying yes but also i've got my phone on 

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
1/8/22 10:21 a.m.

Curious, did you sell the G yet?  My son would kill for either of them.  Challenge is that he's still 14, turning 15 in a few months.  He'll be able to drive then, but not on his own.  I tried going this path a month ago with the Legacy GT on here and it didn't work out (again, no fault of the seller).  I suppose at the right price I'm game for trying again.  I'm just NW of Atlanta.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/8/22 11:35 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Let me know. I can go get a uhaul trailer.....

1/8/22 11:38 a.m.

In reply to SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) :

No, G35 still available. Thought I Bumped that post...

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
1/8/22 12:30 p.m.
Patrick said:

Part of me almost texted you last night to see what the lowest i could get it back for was but I felt like an opportunistic vulture and deleted it. Plus i'd have to make Michael go get it.  

if there's a "patrick come get it" vs "berkeley this i'm donating it" number i'm not saying yes but also i've got my phone on 

In one post, he said he was not going to make anyone a deal (outside of here , of course) , but then another post (after being offered help) said he's just gonna give it to "charity". Even though most charities that accept cars, will just sell it for a few hundred dollars and put it in their pockets. 
I assumed he was just frustrated with life when he wrote that, and I will still help him, or help enable others laugh

1/8/22 1:25 p.m.

What are the odds I could be considered a charity?

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/8/22 9:00 p.m.

Could the GRM express get this thing closer to DFW?  I could sell my RS and then have this instead.

1/9/22 9:48 a.m.

The tuning shop where my older son works is looking for a budget car to enter a drag race challenge.  One of those things where they race at 5 different tracks, have to drive the car from track to track and can only bring whatever will fit in the car.  They are also very much interested in getting into LeMons.  When they open, he will ask them if they are interested.  If they don't turn it into a LeMons car, maybe I can convince them to hold it long enough until my younger one is ready to drive.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XG4BGIdODENMg4axem8UnM9pnjFkpeNKVofYnAKO1ne7vbrmpkKX7gXkinShhK8w