SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
11/17/22 4:54 p.m.

An insanely busy life means that my "toy" cars are just sitting, so I will sadly be parting with them.  In addition to this car, I have a C5 HPDE ready car that I'll post as soon as I get pictures.  With the help of other GRM family, I purchased this Boxster in January or February of this year.  It had been hit on the left front.  The damage was cosmetic only, and the car was sent to Copart.  It was purchased by a flipper in Florida and I bought it from them.  I had/have a picture of the car in damaged condition, but I neglected to back it up on my Google drive and my old computer hard drive crashed.  I will see if I can dig it out somewhere.  

The car runs and drives great.  It's got about 162k miles on it.  I do not know a ton about its' service history, wish I did.  From the best I can tell, it was well cared for, judging by how well it runs and how clean the interior is for the mileage.  I also don't know about the IMS, so just be safe and presume it wasn't done.  However many Porsche folks will say that if it hasn't blown by now, it won't.  I am fairly certain the clutch is not original, as it feels pretty new...so it's possible the IMS was done then, but I have no clue.  It fires right up...if it sits for weeks (as it is doing now), it will give a puff of oil smoke at start, but it stops immediately.  It doesn't leak anything.  It has an aFe Power cold air intake, but is otherwise stock.  It runs, drives, steers, stops great.  Shifter has some side to side play, but I'm being picky...it's minimal and the shift action is fantastic.  The interior is in excellent condition.  Seats are very clean, dash is clean, carpet is good.  All gauges work.  Radio works, but speakers are E36 M3.  It's got a big ass amp mounted behind the drivers' seat, I've never touched it.  Has heated seats, but only passenger side works.  The top goes up and down flawlessly, as do the windows.  Heater works, a/c does not and I don't know why...never had it looked at.  When I got the car, the heater core was leaking.  I replaced it using the "hack" method of going in through the frunk (thank you YouTube).  I also taped up the blend door, following YouTube.  Tires are good.

Negatives on the car, besides rebuilt title.  Headlights are cloudy.  They work fine, just hazy.  Paint is a 6-7 out of 10.  It's all black, but it's fading in spots.  I think a really nice buff would help a lot, but I've never tried.  The only real "dent" is from where the accident was...there is a crease in the front of the left fender, picture to follow.  The headliner is slightly falling on the left side.  Has no impact on the top function, but it's there.  Needs a new fuel tank vent valve.  It's a pain in the ass to fuel it now because you have to go super slow.  It's a very easy fix, as it's right behind the right front weel, under the splash shield.  While you're there, you may want to change the charcoal cannister.  I have a used one I will give you.  I'm told it's in good shape, but it's used so...  Those two issues are the reason I can't get it to pass emissions inspection here.  The EVAP and SAI won't go into ready mode.  It won't throw any codes, but it also won't go into ready.  The only CEL I've seen is for running lean on both banks.  I cleared it once and it hasn't come back.  I've put maybe 800 miles on the car since I bought it, probably less.  I never beat on it, honestly, so I hadn't looked into why the lean CEL came up.  

At the end of the day, the car "is what it is".  A running, driving, pretty nice looking '03 Boxster with a lot going for it.  Could use some love, but to me it's a car you just drive the E36 M3 out of and not care.  As for price, does $7000 seem fair?  I dunno.  All told, I'm probably $7500 into it.  Talk to me, I'm easy going.  I have more pictures, but here are a few.

11/17/22 4:59 p.m.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/17/22 5:08 p.m.

Ay ay ay!

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/17/22 6:12 p.m.

I have a great video on how to restore those headlights. That's a pretty solid looking 986!

11/17/22 8:58 p.m.

Thanks to John Welsh, here's a link to the car in its damaged condition.

https://bid.cars/en/lot/1-63867701/2003-Porsche-Boxster-WP0CA29863U623909

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/17/22 9:06 p.m.

I can corroborate Steve's assessment of the vehicle- I tested it for him prior to his purchase. I almost bought it myself. If I could drive right now I might. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/17/22 9:28 p.m.

Looks like you're getting ready to become a true FL man.

cdowd (Forum Supporter)
cdowd (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/21/22 7:19 p.m.

Sent pm

11/30/22 6:14 a.m.

Lots of corny interest from the CL crowd, but nothing yet.  Anyone have interest?  It hurts me just having it sit in the garage...it's taunting me...and haunting me.

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve Reader
1/4/23 3:23 p.m.

I saw the CL ad is still up, do you still have the car then? PM sent.

1/4/23 4:35 p.m.

It's sold pending pick up tomorrow.  I'll let you know if it falls through.

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve Reader
1/4/23 5:30 p.m.

Ah shucks, just my luck to miss a car that's been for sale for months by a day lol. Best of luck, and yeah if anything changes feel free to shoot me a message.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
O3mI70HfD8UZIKYI160DdmmTmKoTeFaCCAxUTjCY6dvLzIXyBPETxUwWFXL7lNCV