RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/19/22 5:33 p.m.

$4200 is the GRM Price or trade for a manual commuter car, I can add cash for the right car. Located in Anderson, SC.  Moving next week and I don't need 2 full size GM SUVs anymore.

2003 Yukon XL Denali has 219,369 miles on it, I bought it in January of 2021 with 203k miles on it and have daily driven it since then.  The truck has made 3 trips between Wisconsin and South Carolina since I have owned it and towed a trailer 2 of those trips.  This is a solid rig that seats 7 comfortably and will drive across the country at a moment’s notice and keep your kids occupied in the back seat with the DVD player.  6.0L LQ4 engine has tons of power and will tow about anything through any weather with AWD.

• Oil changed every 6k with Rotella T4 and AC Delco oil filter, it is due for an oil change soon.
  • Rear Tires replaced at 204k, Fronts will need to be replaced in near future.
  • Rear Hatch Struts at 204k
  • Valve Cover, Intake and valley cover gaskets at 205k
  • Trans fluid and filter were changed at 207k.
  • Retrofit headlights with Mini H1 HID projectors and HID Bulbs
  • Front Wheel Bearings replaced at 207k
  • Rear track bar bushings, front swaybar bushings replaced at 207k
  • Valve cover gaskets at 213k
  • PCV replaced and breather added at 215k
  • Radiator, water pump and heater hose at 216k
  • Spark plugs, plug wires and one coil replaced at 218k

It does leak oil, about a quart every 1000 miles.  I replaced all of the problem areas except the rear main seal, oil pressure sender and oil pan gasket.  Power steering has a very slow leak out of the gear box, I have a seal kit for this but haven’t had time to install.  Check engine light is on for an O2 sensor, I have the sensor but haven’t had time to replace it

Driver’s seat doesn’t move up and down easily and driver’s seat heater doesn’t turn on.  I think this and the intermittent airbag light are all because of a loose or pinched wire under the seat. Depending on how you sit or bounce in the seat you can make the airbag light come and go.

Facespace Link

RacetruckRon
6/19/22 5:35 p.m.

Maintenance thread I did a poor job of keeping up to date can be found here.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
6/19/22 7:00 p.m.

It's not a manual, but interested in a trade for an XJR?

RacetruckRon
6/19/22 7:53 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

I do love those cars. Not sure if that's any less practical for a commuter than the big Yukon. Those take premium right?

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
6/19/22 10:45 p.m.

In reply to RacetruckRon :

Premium, yes.  If you want an economical commuter, this isn't the droid you're looking for.

RacetruckRon
6/19/22 10:55 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

Yeah I love those cars but dollars/mile might even be higher than the Yukon with premium.  Realistically if it doesn't sell by Wednesday it will be driven up to Wisconsin in a couple weeks and be sold before snow fall. 

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
6/19/22 10:59 p.m.

I cant believe this didn't sell in the first 5 minutes. GLWS

RacetruckRon
6/19/22 11:07 p.m.
TJL (Forum Supporter) said:

I know I'm really disappointed 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
6/19/22 11:51 p.m.
RacetruckRon said:

I know I'm really disappointed 

$5/g gas is the problem.  

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
6/20/22 9:59 a.m.

It'd probably be sold already if it was up north.  If it were short wheelbase and 4WD, I'd have jumped on it immediately.

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/20/22 10:19 a.m.

Yeah, I wish it were in the cards for me but wrong Mofo time, wrong Mofo place.

RacetruckRon
6/20/22 10:24 a.m.

Yeah I'm moving back to Wisconsin Wednesday or Thursday, whenever the box truck is full. The Yukon will stay in SC for a week or two and then I'll likely fly back down scoop something a cheap, rust free econobox down here and pull it up to Wisconsin with the Yukon. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
6/20/22 10:53 a.m.

In reply to RacetruckRon :

Nice truck.  I'm not in the market but maybe it would help... 

Since you'll be driving the GMC back towing another car on a dolly, is it possible that you could deliver to anyone who is generally on the route?  Tow dolly to be returned to a Uhaul shop in their area and you then continue on to WI driving the previously towed car.   Buyer should cover the price of the tow dolly and maybe one nights hotel cost due to need to visit BMV or office during business hours.  

RacetruckRon
6/20/22 3:39 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

I have thought about that. If we fit everything into the box truck tomorrow that's a strong possibility that could work out.

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/22/22 9:41 p.m.

Awe crap. I'm right there.

RacetruckRon
6/23/22 12:25 a.m.

In reply to QuasiMofo (John Brown) :

Truck will be in Janesville Wisconsin in about a week or two, just a few hours away wink

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5uGaUSdDrZjwsnXtJDYM6HTkVpi1WEnKDnPYG6MMVkYMRzvV7ZYy0P8oNtEaTaYN