Monza275
Monza275 New Reader
11/21/19 8:22 a.m.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Ford-Crown-Victoria-P71/362814719744?hash=item5479714700:g:DM4AAOSwGrpdzyX4 

2004 Ford Crown Victoria P71 Police 4 door Convertible Clear Title NO RESERVE

Click images to enlarge

Description

This car is fresh back from Gainesville FL where it took place in the Grassroots $2000 Challenge. While there we removed the roof (long story). But it was done relatively cleanly. All carpeting and rear seats have been removed. It has two replaced front seats, two new 5-point racing harnesses. And an incredibly stout 1 ¾ mild steel Harness bar. It added enough stiffness so all 4 doors work and work well.

This is still a street legal car.
We've replaced the left headlight with a cold ram air intake. That would need to be replaced (all wires intact) but with that exception, everything still works. See below for details.

This was a fun car to build. It drives well. Very reliable fun car. The goal was to keep this car very streetable and drivable, which it is.  This is inexpensive enough to buy, drive and enjoy.

Here is what we have:

• Clean Title
  • Ex Maryland State trooper P71 Police Package. 207,000 miles.
  • 4.6L Modular V8 (same as Mustang, plenty of speed parts available)
  • 3.73 open rear
  • Mercury Marauder rear sway bar
  • 80mm throttle body
  • 1 ¾ harness bar .120 mild steel
  • Two new 5-point racing harnesses
  • 17” Mustang Wheels and tires. VG condition
  • Glasspacked mufflers
  • Green paint has been redone but it is an amateur paintjob, not pro.
  • Green tonneau cover for car to be parked out in any weather (essentially a green tarp with tiedowns.
  • Interior carpeting and trim removed.  Rain water holes drilled. The two front seats are the only thing that needs to be covered. I planned on Scotchguard-ing the heck out of them, so you wouldn’t even need to worry about that.
  • Oh, and we cut the roof off.
  • And yes, we know technically it is not a convertible but a roadster!  :- )

What works:
  • Transmission perfect
  • Engine runs great
  • Brakes are fine
  • Oil Pressure, Water Temp all fine
  • Power steering, electric windows, electric trunk releases all work. Though one window just stopped, I think it is a switch.
  • Wipers, Turn signals and brake lights all work. Even electric side mirrors.
  • Great battery
  • Starts very easily, every time.

What Doesn’t Work:

1. Not much.
  2. One electric window
  3. One headlight (needs replacing)
  4. Horn
  5. Air bags removed
  6. Uh, no roof or convertible top. Just the tarp cover.

• $500 depot via PayPal immediately after winning auction.
  • Balance within 7 days, whether you are picking it up later or not. Thank you.
  • If you will be longer than 14 days before pickup, please let me know before you bid.
  • If you are having it shipped I will work with you and the shipper to make it as seamless as possible. I’ve done a few bikes and cars that way and it works well. Don’t go with the cheapest shipper though. Pick a reputable company.

Free Delivery within 25 miles of Catonsville I can deliver within Baltimore area but please contact me first.

Because of issues I have had in the past, I cannot take bids from buyers with less than 5 feedbacks without contacting me first. I don’t know why newbies bid, win and then don’t follow through. So please contact me first if you are new to eBay.

Transportation is responsibility of buyer. Though I will be as accommodating as I can to pick-up by winning bidder. I will work with transport company or if you want, rent a U-Haul and trailer home (we are not too far from BWI). OR...bring tags and drive home.

The car is located in Catonsville, MD just outside of Baltimore close to Rt 95 or BWI airport.

Though I try and be as accurate as I can. The car is sold As-Is with no warranty.

Images sell!
Get Supersized Images & Free Image Hosting
Create your brand with Auctiva's
Customizable Templates.

Attention Sellers - Get Templates
Image Hosting, Scheduling at Auctiva.com.

Track Page Views With
Auctiva's FREE Counter

TJL
TJL HalfDork
11/21/19 8:53 a.m.

This thing looks natural as a convertible. Like the big old convertible hoopties of the 60's-70's. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/25/19 8:32 a.m.

I assume from the livery that thing started life as a Maryland state cop car?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GheKEEClhVS8071Ofrdon99WPIrZETS52CHDfQTCCcHYlNVRkpT6GBQzfkZzTCRa