mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
8/26/19 11:20 a.m.

Stelllllllllllllllla! Time to go. This is a 2005 Genuine Stella that I bought new in 2005. 904 miles. It sat in my garage for a decade and looks like it sat in my garage for a decade. It's cleaned up, gas tank cleaned, carb cleaned, fresh battery and it starts and runs great. I have it on pre-mix right now. 

It's a 150cc two stroke with a four speed manual shifted with the left grip. Everything you need to know about these you can find here easier than I can type it out. 

It's going up on CL locally for $1500. I'd like to walk away with $1k so that's my GRM price right off the bat. I can bring it to the Challenge, othrwise it's located on the north side of Houston. Clean title in my name. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
8/26/19 5:08 p.m.

I have to go to a sales meeting in Houston  in 2 weeks.  That would be a long ride back to Chicago on state roads only.  Close to 21 hours?

mazdeuce - Seth
8/26/19 5:25 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

It tops out somewhere between 52 and 55, but it's really more comfortable at 48ish, 50 with a tuck. It would be pretty epic. I think you should do it. 

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
8/26/19 5:58 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

I think he has to.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
8/26/19 6:29 p.m.

I’m tall and not thin.  I don’t see tuck or top speed.  

You’re probably one of those thin little wiry guys....

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
8/27/19 9:00 a.m.

Oh my.  I am planning on showing up at the Challenge in a pickup, too.

mazdeuce - Seth
8/27/19 10:18 a.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

It was meant to be!

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
8/27/19 10:43 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

It was meant to be!

I’ll need to think on it and hope someone else snags it before then.  I’m supposed to be decluttering right now ( I have two regular scooters and one race scooter), but have wanted a manual shift scooter for a while.

mazdeuce - Seth
8/27/19 4:43 p.m.

Ponder it over the weekend. Now that it's running good it feels like it's in the way. I'm more than happy to hang on to it and keep it exercised until the Challenge, but otherwise It's going on CL and going away. 

I do like the sounds of "race scooter" though. How did I not know about your race scooter? 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
8/27/19 5:10 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Please don't keep it off CL on my account.  If I suddenly am sure I want it, and it's already sold, I'm not going to feel too bad.

I used to drag race scooters, and have an Elite E with a an Elite 250 swap.  It hasn't run in years, since the group I was racing with shut down.  I tried to sell it ages ago, but it got to the point I was asking less than I could probably sell the engine for, so I just put it aside.  It's hibernating under a bunch of other junk in the garage.  Sadly, I haven't ridden either of my street scooters for a couple years, as work, the house, and other projects have been keeping me too busy.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IXVm1RLMwbIdATPCdElNiTWI4Wu15TsQrWxhx6oRiiY0wdWxUzcl91qbuWxLdVfH