1 2 3
Nofive_0
Nofive_0 Reader
7/5/21 10:27 a.m.

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

75,196 Miles

3LT package that comes with Bose, HUD, and heated seats.

Recent Maintenance and modifications in the past few thousand miles

• New GM transmission fluid
  • New Mobil 1 diff oil
  • New battery
  • NGK platinum plugs  
  • Plug wires
  • 8x new coils
  • Headlight lens
  • Swaybar endlinks
  • Front right tie rod end
  • Cooper Zeon rear tires
  • 4 wheel alignment
  • Delrin shift knob

Modifications include

• American Racing long tube header "system" with catted mid pipe LINK
  • K&N intake
  • Goodridge SS brake lines
  • Koni Yellows
  • Tune low and lean. Sounds like it has a mild cam. (I don’t have the dyno sheet. My guess would be low 500whp range)
  • Supposedly the previous owner had the heads addressed, but I do not have receipts for that.
  • I have some ZR1 sideskirts that will come with the car.

Selling my Z as I no longer have a commute and having 3 cars is just too many. I think I’m going to take a break from cars for a while. Bought this as a project ~2 years ago and have been slowly making it better since taking over ownership. Drove the car from Charlotte to Atlanta earlier this year and had zero problems and returned almost 30 mpg. This car is a great way to act like and ALMS driver and make NASCAR sounds. Car is really a Bob Costascat if you don’t get ham fisted. However, if you put down the loud pedal make sure you’ve got it pointed in the correct direction. 

Rear section of the exhaust is stock. I leave the fuse for the active exhaust pulled and it makes the car nice and audible without being too much. You can always replace the fuse to close the valves and make the car stock quiet. Car has an aftermarket Carplay/Android Auto head unit that connects through the center console. This updates the interior and is a nice modern upgrade.

This is NOT a show car. The car has had a rough past and is a bit rough around the edges. Car was considered a total loss at one point, but I have a clean title in my name. However, If you take it to your state it will likely come back as rebuilt. This is a common problem with cars titles in NC. Mechanically I have no concerns. The car will sometimes throw an intermittent code for TCS. I believe this is a dirty tone ring or something similar as it comes and goes and I haven’t bothered with it. Brakes have good life left and seem to be a replacement of the original OEM style “brakelets”. All the fluids look good. Front tires only have 5-10k miles left in them. Brake fluid is probably due for a change. Coolant is the proper Dexos orange.

I’m going to be away from the car for the next month. I’m posting this on GRM only right now. I’d like the car to go to someone that will enjoy it and drive it and not take it to car shows or collect Corvette memorabilia for it. I wanted to offer this up to GRM people first to get your thoughts and comments. If someone is really interested, I might be able to set up a viewing with my wife at home. Otherwise I’ll be back on Aug 1. At that point I’ll unleash this on the masses of mouth breathers that is FB marketplace.

Issues:

• Sticky airbag cover – Known problem for GM cars of this era. Plastic in the airbag cover degrades and becomes sticky and gross
  • Cracked lower valence front bumper. Thanks to my workbench.
  • Missing rear trunk cubby cover
  • Hole in the driver’s side bolster
  • Passenger door car has a dent in it right where your left elbow goes. I guess someone used to hold themselves in with a very heavy elbow?
  • The two clips that hold the edges of the front bumper are broken and lets the front bumper pop up where it meets the hood. I’ve been too lazy to replace them.
  • Wheels are stained with some sort of something on them. I’ve tried cleaning with wheel cleaner, brushes, and pressure washer, but didn’t seem to help.
  • I think the amplifier is going out. When you start the car, or drag the voltage down, you get feedback through the LF speaker. A little static for a few seconds then it goes away.

$25,000 USD obo. Located in Charlotte NC.

FatMongo
FatMongo Reader
7/5/21 11:25 a.m.

What? This is insane. This is looks like a super deal!

mladega
mladega
7/6/21 12:57 p.m.

Possible to chat before you leave town?

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
7/6/21 1:05 p.m.

I had the same shift knob on my C5 Z06. Delrin FTW! GLWS.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/6/21 1:15 p.m.

I should've bought my buddy's c6z for 26k in 2017. I still kick myself for not buying that car. 

obsolete
obsolete GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/6/21 2:15 p.m.

There's a lot to like here. GLWS.

I see heated seats and I think I see HUD. Is that a 3LT package?

Nofive_0
Nofive_0 Reader
7/6/21 9:25 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Correct. Forgot to mention that. Updated the post to reflect.

Yes - Delrin shift knob. As you know the stock knob is asymmetrical and makes my brain hurt. 

Nofive_0
Nofive_0 Reader
7/6/21 9:29 p.m.

In reply to mladega :

I'm already out of town, but feel free to message me or you can email me cevans 4032 (at) G mail dot com

I'm not in any huge hurry. I'll be back on the 30th. 

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Dork
7/10/21 2:52 p.m.

That is a great deal even If the heads aren't fixed. 

ztnedman1
ztnedman1 Reader
7/12/21 7:18 a.m.

Very interested.  Need my Shelby to officially total first and see what the buy back is though.  Will know this week.

VIN?

Edit: I am officially in the market now.

Nofive_0
Nofive_0 Reader
7/12/21 1:53 p.m.

VIN# 1G1YY26E785101697

I have a few people from here interested, but nothing firm as of yet. Still plan on being back around the car at the end of the month. 

Pictures of the wreck.

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/12/21 2:03 p.m.

Oof. That's sexy.

ea_sport
ea_sport Reader
7/14/21 2:53 p.m.

I am in the market for a C6 Z06 with cash in hand and this is really, really tempting....

Nofive_0
Nofive_0 Reader
7/14/21 4:13 p.m.

Short video of the car running since I've had a few people ask. 

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
7/15/21 6:58 a.m.

That is a ton of car for the money and has great eyeball.

fatallightning
fatallightning Reader
7/15/21 7:06 a.m.

My buddys C6 GS had an issue with his LF speaker after a bunch of rain, cleaning his grounds solved it. 

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/15/21 7:33 a.m.

I read the description and was expecting something pretty rough until I saw the photos. That's a screaming deal.

Nofive_0
Nofive_0 Reader
7/15/21 11:58 a.m.
fatallightning said:

My buddys C6 GS had an issue with his LF speaker after a bunch of rain, cleaning his grounds solved it. 

Interesting. I kind of assumed it was an issue with the speaker. Do you know which ground he cleaned? Body or the speaker wire itself?

Nofive_0
Nofive_0 Reader
7/15/21 11:59 a.m.
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) said:

I read the description and was expecting something pretty rough until I saw the photos. That's a screaming deal.

I'm just trying to be honest. The car is reliable and I don't have any mechanical concerns. It's just not representative of most corvettes that are garaged and driven below 3k rpms by men in white new balances.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/16/21 5:37 a.m.

In reply to Nofive_0 :

I may get white New Balances anyway but it will continue to get driven 

Nofive_0
Nofive_0 Reader
7/16/21 10:49 a.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Nofive_0 :

Tentatively sold to Wally. We'll get everything sorted when I get home.

chaparral
chaparral Dork
7/21/21 9:07 a.m.

If Wally drops out, I am in.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/26/21 7:43 a.m.
Nofive_0 said:
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Nofive_0 :

Tentatively sold to Wally. We'll get everything sorted when I get home.

yes

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/2/21 8:14 a.m.

We're on our way!! 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nrp3VqZLO6QjCq9LAuoWMcjSUjwoLQSZ6NjVZXfP9oMrXr4dTnSopu2EwH3EjntP