1 2
karplus2
karplus2 GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/28/20 11:05 p.m.

Selling my 2014 Fiesta ST. It has approximately 117,000 miles. It has been my daily driver for the past 5 years. It has no mechanical problems and drives like new. It does have some rock chips and a couple small dents. My new car arrives Friday so I am putting this up for sale to the GRM crowd before I list it anywhere else. Car is pretty much bone stock with the only modifications being an aftermarket seat heater I installed in the driver seat and 16" Sparco wheels. I also have the stock 17" wheels and some 15" Focus wheels with snow tires. Current asking price for GRM is $7000 (All 3 sets of wheels included). I will add a post tomorrow with recent maintenance. I will get some more pictures later this week.

Someone jump on this, $7k is a great deal

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
7/29/20 9:25 a.m.

I'm talking to my wife.. are you in Illinois?

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/29/20 9:45 a.m.

yeah wow. Very tempting, (and not halfway across the country!!)

karplus2
7/29/20 12:09 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

I'm talking to my wife.. are you in Illinois?

Yes, Bloomington, IL. 

I will post more info tonight but wanted to add that I have clear title in my name. I am busy with some family matters until Friday but will be available after that as I am on staycation next week. You can call/text me at 3 zero nein eight 2 5 two six 8 six

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
7/29/20 3:03 p.m.

A Foo Fighters fan I see. Very tempting. 

karplus2
7/29/20 5:03 p.m.
clutchsmoke said:

A Foo Fighters fan I see. Very tempting. 

I love when people recognize that!

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/29/20 5:07 p.m.

I can vouche for car and seller.   I actually test drove this at the dealer he got it from like 3 days before he bought it.  I almost bought it then and if I didn't have a very similar car now I would be all over this. 

His new car is going to be pretty cool also.  

karplus2
7/29/20 5:26 p.m.

Recent Service:

6/23/19 - Oil Change and Tire Rotation

3/29/20- Brake+Clutch Fluid Flush

2/21/20- Coolant change

1/5/20- Transmission Fluid Change and new air filter.

I have used Motorcraft Parts and fluid for all service except the Oil I have been using (Mobil 1 Full Syn)

Brake pads and rotors were both done back in 2018 @ 65,607 miles. Last time I rotated tires the brake pads had plenty of life but could probably be changed in the next 5-10k miles.

Fueled by Caffeine
7/29/20 6:08 p.m.

What trans?

karplus2
7/29/20 6:48 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

What trans?

Not sure exactly the make (getrag?) It is a manual 6 speed. You couldn't get STs with an automatic.

karplus2
7/29/20 8:02 p.m.

A few more pics

karplus2
7/29/20 8:04 p.m.

karplus2
7/29/20 8:12 p.m.

Rock chip. There are probably 20ish rock chips on the car. They are all small like the one pictured which I realize has no scale reference...you cant really see them from 10 feet away.

2 dents on the passenger rear door. They don't photograph well and probably look worse in person than in the pictures. Some angles you can barely see them and others they are obvious. I got too close to my table saw when backing into the garage. My thumb also got too close to that same table saw so it is REALLY on my E36 M3 list. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
7/29/20 8:15 p.m.

Nice car.  Likey.  

karplus2
7/29/20 8:38 p.m.

Sale Pending....

Fueled by Caffeine
7/29/20 9:38 p.m.

Shoot. Ohh well good luck. 

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
7/29/20 11:25 p.m.
karplus2 said:

Sale Pending....

Hah. I slept on this a few hours too long.

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
7/31/20 8:46 p.m.

Whew, that was a close one.  I was about to ask if you wanted to trade for a really nice NB Miata.  

karplus2
8/1/20 9:26 a.m.

The replacement has landed.

2020 G70 2.0T Sport w/ 6-speed manual.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/1/20 9:58 a.m.

In reply to karplus2 :

Don't you know that you're my hero?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/5/20 5:48 p.m.

In reply to karplus2 :

DETAILS..........................................................................................................................................please.

karplus2
8/6/20 10:12 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

What do you want to know? It's awesome! I may start a thread on it somewhere if people will find it interesting. It is exactly what I want in a car...RWD, LSD, Manual Trans with decent handling. I honestly found out about the G70 because I clicked on one of those click bait articles on Facebook 'These are the cars you can currently buy with a Manual Transmission'. I had to have it shipped to Illinois from Savannah, GA because it was hard to find them in this amazing Mallorca Blue color.

I have seen a lot of gripes from people saying that they should have offered the manual transmission on the higher trim packages and with the 3.3T. The 2.0T making 255 hp is just right for me though. This is BY FAR the most luxurious car that I have ever owned so I am not missing anything that others may be looking for in higher trim packages.  It's a shame Genesis won't be putting the manual in these after 2021 but they didn't sell enough of them. I probably should have waited a year or two and searched for a low mile used one and let someone else take the initial depreciation hit but since Genesis says they sold 'dozens' of them, I didn't want to have to do an exhaustive search in the future. It only has 130 miles on it. I will give more driving impressions once I get past the 600 mile break in.

karplus2
8/6/20 10:13 p.m.

And another pic cuz it's purty

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/7/20 8:38 a.m.

Those details are good.  I'm a big fan of your exact car.   I looked on the web and there are no manual trannys in the Midwest.  I'll follow your thread as I like the RWD version.  

Another car gone is the Accord Sport 2.0 manual tranny - before Covid a few of the dealers had them in the Chicago area.   Now we gone.  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bR3dQmniArk4IGyC9eyffZhUw8YEYVAJESaSTD9qXx4MPw1kBH01hZf11hW9I8So