1 2
MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/9/22 2:52 p.m.

SOLD!

As you may have seen in the Other MR2 for sale thread, I buy too many cars. This one also has to go!

1986 Toyota AWII MR2, AKA The parking lot build 

Now $1500  SOLD!!

The car is a 1986 MR2 that was the subject of the Parking Lot Build for the $2018 Challenge. Short story is the car was a group effort of a large contingent of forum members who converged on the Hotel parking lot several days before the challenge with: an automatic car with a blown motor, an supercharged replacement motor and multiple manual transmission, boxes and boxes of spare parts, a passion for bear and late night pizza, and a strange ability to function without sleep.  Several days of wrenching ensued starting with an engine swap, AT to MT conversion, and culminated in many many hours of fabricating a SC wiring harness out of  a NA engine wiring harness and a AT car/engine harness. The results were promising all the way to the point when, in the dwindling hours, the factory fuel pump decided it didn't like pumping rust, and the SC wiring harness didn't quite want to bloom out of the NA one. A quick mini fuel cell/pump setup was rigged, and a make do wiring setup was thrown together,  and the car managed to cruise through a Triumphant glorious lap of the autocross  course under its own power. 

So being minutely involved in the PLB, and seeing all the potential glory this car possessed, I bought it and dragged it to the storage unit across from the host hotel. A year later I dragged it into my glorious new shed, where it now sits.

It is just as it finished the challenge. It needs the tank dropped and cleaned, and a new fuel pump.  It could use some Supercharged engine specific parts that may be available from forum members. A Supercharged engine harness or standalone would make that part easier. It is a complete car, with a leather interior. It has a title. 

A possible tasty kicker-There is a hole left behind by the recently vacated $2022 parking lot build.  I have been in communication with owners of the $2018 The Parking Lot Build who Almost got it finished in $2018. They may be willing to help guide the new owners in solving the problems they couldn't quite finish fixing, and might even help. The glory of PLB 2022 could be yours!

1986 Toyota AWII MR2, AKA The parking lot build

Now $1500 

SOLD!

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
10/9/22 6:11 p.m.

I'm 6'0" but wear work boots.  Do I fit in these?  I had to do a little shimmy to get in and out of an NB Miata

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/9/22 8:17 p.m.
Justjim75 said:

I'm 6'0" but wear work boots.  Do I fit in these?  I had to do a little shimmy to get in and out of an NB Miata

I think you would be OK. I put my 5'11" son in the other MR2 and took some pics for scale:

There's plenty of head and foot room and he isn't staring at the windshield frame. 

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve Reader
10/10/22 8:34 a.m.

I'm 6'3" and fit fine in mine back when I had it. You'll probably be fine.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
10/10/22 10:01 a.m.
Justjim75 said:

I'm 6'0" but wear work boots. 

Have you considered smaller footwear? Also, 6' 1" and fit fine. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
10/10/22 9:47 p.m.

In reply to singleslammer :

Nope

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/10/22 10:21 p.m.

Price drop: $1500

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/11/22 1:32 p.m.

somebody please bring this to the Parking Lot!!

NC240Zed
NC240Zed New Reader
10/11/22 2:32 p.m.

Where are you located? Interesting project...

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/11/22 2:43 p.m.

He's located in Gainesville, FL

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/11/22 3:59 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

somebody please bring this to the Parking Lot!!

What he said! This car deserves another shot at the challenge!

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
10/12/22 10:10 a.m.

I have everything except time... A megasquirt and a wiring team could finish up in a day. GLWS

Bump

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
10/12/22 1:31 p.m.

NOOO!!!

Thats one car I'd really like back!

(I was technically the owner last time. Robbie had agreed to buy it, but money didn't actually change hands until after the Challenge) haha! winkcheekywink

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
10/12/22 1:49 p.m.

In the back of my mind, I told myself I would buy this car back if you ever decided to sell it. 

Timing is really terrible right now. frown

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/12/22 2:54 p.m.
SV reX said:

NOOO!!!

Thats one car I'd really like back!

(I was technically the owner last time. Robbie had agreed to buy it, but money didn't actually change hands until after the Challenge) haha! winkcheekywink

Lol-that was probably money I gave him.

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
10/12/22 4:14 p.m.

In reply to SV reX :

You're closer to Gainesville, go for it! 

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
10/12/22 4:50 p.m.

I was going to ask if anyone could drop it off in Atlanta returning from the Challenge. Your closer and might be easier for you. You could hold it the year and do the plb in 2023.....

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
10/12/22 8:56 p.m.

In reply to clownkiller :

Haha!

I may have a couple more Challenge cars in me, but not sure I have many PLBs left! laugh

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/14/22 9:46 p.m.

Throw my $500 2zz/6speed swap setup in it. It will be fun!

2ZZ/6 speed AWII swap kit!

Docwemple
Docwemple New Reader
10/15/22 9:34 p.m.

Man, part of me really wants that!

Docwemple
Docwemple New Reader
10/16/22 3:47 p.m.

Josh, please give me a text @ four 1 zero 33 zer0 fourteen 37

Docwemple
Docwemple New Reader
10/16/22 4:11 p.m.

Josh, please give me a text @ four 1 zero 33 zer0 fourteen 37

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
10/16/22 7:06 p.m.

If only you were in Michigan.  I would love another MR2

jasonkimosabe
jasonkimosabe New Reader
10/18/22 7:40 p.m.

Has anyone bought this yet?

Not sure I can pull it off, but maybe with some of your help? I cam swing the $1500 and a couple of pizzas, and run the car in the challenge. Probably just auto cross. Would def need a hand (s)if anyone is actually available for PLB. 

Would just be a really cool car to have after the fact too.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/19/22 12:39 a.m.

In reply to jasonkimosabe :

It has not been bought.  It should be a '22 PLB!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
E2drKPoqB9L1Y5F5wHOtduqXXpPzBCVSUAIOYmqc6H7KGmfZQr3KtsEYV2t3c826