Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/5/20 12:21 a.m.

Wait, there's a CATERA?

The Caddy that zigs?

greenfieldhippi
greenfieldhippi New Reader
11/7/20 1:15 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

I don't know anything about other than I think there's an engine and trans in it and he wants $800 for it. I'll update you more soon.

edit: Maybe not your fancy but I thought I'd mention theres alo a drop top Lancia B in the back in parts condition.

2nd edit it has a 4.0 in it and keys. 

greenfieldhippi
11/7/20 1:16 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Doesn't sound like it maybe one in parts car or roller condition. I'll look in the way back this upcoming week.

greenfieldhippi
11/7/20 1:19 p.m.

Update he also has tomns of Triumphs in the back found one with a factory V8 and many more in good and parts car condition and a British Leeland engine and all seemed saveable.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie HalfDork
11/7/20 1:31 p.m.

What about the MGs? Any Midgets or Sprites? Houston is waay to close and I have a trailer.  devil

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
11/7/20 1:32 p.m.
greenfieldhippi said:

In reply to frenchyd :

I don't know anything about other than I think there's an engine and trans in it and he wants $800 for it. I'll update you more soon.

edit: Maybe not your fancy but I thought I'd mention theres alo a drop top Lancia B in the back in parts condition.

I'd be very interested if it has a V12. 

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie HalfDork
11/7/20 1:36 p.m.

Early Spitfires?

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/7/20 1:41 p.m.

If the roof wasn't ruined on the celebrity wagon i'd be trying to get it to ohio.  

greenfieldhippi
11/7/20 1:46 p.m.

In reply to Snowdoggie :

There is a parts car midget but it has a bit of rust on the bottom, Might be a sprite I'd need to check. i think he'd sell you the midget for $500 or less.

greenfieldhippi
11/7/20 1:47 p.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

Scratched? Yes. Ruined? I don't think so.

Edit: Under $500? Absolutely.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/7/20 9:32 p.m.
frenchyd said:
greenfieldhippi said:

In reply to frenchyd :

I thought the square headlight ones only ever came with the 6?

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/8/20 8:46 p.m.
greenfieldhippi said:

Ok I got a bit more info.

The lambo as it sits he wants $2500 but money really talks to this guy so anyone with an offer who'd want to talk to him might get it lower.

I'd rock it as it sits now. The idea of a jalopy Lamborghini just cracks me up. If it didn't already have an exhaust leak and a squeaky belt, I'd give it one. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/8/20 8:49 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

I'm thinking he eagle eyed a different jag that isn't easy to see in the pics

Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter)
Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) Reader
11/9/20 10:38 a.m.

I see a few E34 BMWs... are any of them running or are they all parts cars? 

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
11/9/20 11:52 a.m.

The blue E34 looks just like my old one.  I doubt that one came with a close ratio 5 speed and 3:90 LSD from the factory like mine, man I loved that car.  It was my winter beater, with an E30 M3 as a summer car, the E34 was more fun for all but track use.  

CanUDiglett
CanUDiglett New Reader
11/9/20 8:41 p.m.

Is there any BMW e30's in that lot?

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/10/20 6:43 p.m.

So because I am falling asleep too easily these days, is there a drivetrain in that Lamborghini?

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
11/10/20 10:46 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:
frenchyd said:
greenfieldhippi said:

In reply to frenchyd :

I thought the square headlight ones only ever came with the 6?

They continued the V12's in Sedans through 1997 but I think there were only 3 V12's in 1997 They introduced the XJ40 program sometime after 1986. I can go back and look. Exactly when it was introduced.  I do know the engine bay was designed for the narrow V12 / 6 to prevent V8's from being used ( to keep Jaguars all Jaguar ) 

Those are the unloved Jaguars and the few with the V12 are the hidden gems. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/11/20 11:29 a.m.

According to wikipedia

Given the model code XJ81, the XJ40-based XJ12 and Daimler Double Six were introduced at the Amsterdam Auto Show in February 1993 and powered by a 6.0-litre version of Jaguar's V12 engine.[4] This was mated to a GM 4L80E 4-speed automatic gearbox. It could be identified by the XJ12 or Double Six badge on the rear and a V12 emblem on the glovebox. The XJ12 used the two twin-headlamp pairs, black radiator grille vanes, and a gold "growler" badge on the radiator grille top, while the Daimler received the rectangular headlamps. Early cars used stainless steel window frames, on later cars they were changed to black.

but that also says the square headlights were not used. The twin round pair on the xj40 supposedly looks like this:

I guess you could have rectangle headlights and a v12 in the daimler double six, but my guess is if you happen to have one of those you know what it is. 

greenfieldhippi
11/13/20 4:12 p.m.

In reply to P3PPY :

There is not. But I'd be surprised if he wouldn't throw a full drive train in with purchase. He does have a dodge 4.7 laying around which would be pretty funny to see. 

greenfieldhippi
greenfieldhippi Reader
11/13/20 4:12 p.m.

In reply to Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) :

I'll give it a look but I think you could maybe get one running. 

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
11/14/20 12:41 p.m.

Did you ever pop the hood on that Jaguar?  It might be a12. 

greenfieldhippi
greenfieldhippi Reader
11/14/20 1:05 p.m.

I'll pop the hood for you I'm at the lot now anybody want any pics in particular? I'll look at some of the BMWs

greenfieldhippi
greenfieldhippi Reader
11/14/20 1:06 p.m.

Edit: she's a 6

greenfieldhippi
greenfieldhippi Reader
11/14/20 1:24 p.m.

Update he need that's black Alfa gone $4000 

Edit: As for the BMWs one or two are decent I'll take some pics 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners