1 2
badfrogg
badfrogg Reader
9/30/21 8:43 a.m.

Everything is Gone! Thanks all... 

Ok my fellow Subaru junkies, this one is for you!

I have been passionate about my Subaru for about 20 years now. I would buy them, fix em up and drive the wheels off of them. But today I decided to punch my ticket  and retire my 10, 12, 14, 17 & 22mm wenches.

I am selling my entire Subaru collection. $8500 and if you come and not haggled (and take everything) I will throw in a very nice 200A fully featured Tig Welder with all the fixins!

Ok. I will be adding a bunch of picture soon and there is a lot here so bear with me please.

#1 - 2001 Legacy GT Wagon

The wagon was my main project car. I have done a lot to it. I got it with 93,000 miles and it has a pretty emaculate interior. The body is nice too, but... I have molested it. I bought a 2005 WRX that was wrecked and I did a very proper wire harness merge (NOT A SPLICE) Go see AL's YT vided if you don't know https://youtu.be/3YEw5tY3kdw . This was so that I could treat the car like a factor turbo Subaru. It runs the 2005 WRX factor ECU and it is 100% connected, down to the evap system, no sensor was left unconnected, no check engine light and all gauges work perfect. You could take it to a Subaru dealer and they can connect their proprietary scanner. I went as far to unpin the wire that powers the fuel pump and put in the heaver gauge one and up the fuse to what the factory WRX had. So yeah, that was the attention to detail I put into it.

I took all of the turbo plumbing and installed it with the NA block that was in the car. Yhea, I know you are disappointed right now but them's the breaks man. I wanted to know that my wiring work was good and that was a lot of work. I have an STI block on the bench to swap out and that would be your problem now ;).

I got the entire front clip from the twin turbo legacy that is sold in japan (That's real deal JDM!). This is so the hood has the scoop for the intercooler. Plus the headlights, bumper and fenders are nicer looking then the US model. All of that is on the car. It needs pain though. There are some genuine Japanese Hot Boi graphics on the hood! Oh and the Japaneses hood is aluminum. I know you GRM guys/gals like that!

The car has some really nice 17x8 factory wheels (2011 wrx wheels) and new tires (like 200 miles used)

Oh I also have the 02-03 ECU if you want. It lets you do "special" programing. Oh and you get everything to do the ECU programming too.

<Pictures Coming soon>

#2 2008 WRX

So I though that I would like this car. It was super clean, zero rust and had 100k mile. There were some mods done like the STI turbo, bigger intercooler, cat-back, up-pipe. However, I did not like how it ran so I began to un-modify it. This is now a big pain in the ass. The computer was locked with some tune, who know from where. I sent it off ad had it reset to factory. Now the problem is that the remaining mods need to be removed or a new tune needs to be done. I am in the in-between right now. You could drive it but it sucks. I have loud pipes and I have the factory pipes. You will get all of it. You also get the Tactrix programming stuff https://www.tactrix.com/ , Wide Band O2, with controller, the bung... You know, a whole bunch of junk!

It also has those nice 2011 WRX wheels 17x8 with decent tires Firestone Indy 500s I believe. There are about half way gone though but not old.

<Pictures coming soon>

#3 all the junk.

I have loads of Subaru junk.

2005 2.0L WRX block w 5 speed. The bock is stripped down though.

2017 STI bare block, I did a closed deck CNC job on it but it need to be honed and line bored. (Trust me, that is how you make a Subaru engin last for longer then a week) Or you could just slap it together and pray. LOL!

Oh what else... There are axles and hubs and alternators and PS pumps, Brakes, rotors... all kids of junk. You can take all of it and whatever you don't take I will donate to the scrappers and leave it by the trash.

So... What do you think. Do you really want to make your wife or parents mad at you? If so, come a get a 100% Subaru Enthusiast Project Car Collection! Act NOW! This life changing (cough... ruining) offer will not last. LOL

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/30/21 8:59 a.m.

Do I dare ask where all of this subie goodness is at?

badfrogg
badfrogg Reader
9/30/21 9:05 a.m.

The Wag. But It has a lift now. This tires are on the WRX at this time. I will get a new pic soon.

badfrogg
badfrogg Reader
9/30/21 9:06 a.m.

This is how the interior looks today.

Wag Interior is very clean. This is how it looks after the wiring.

badfrogg
badfrogg Reader
9/30/21 9:12 a.m.

No Cheating, no cutting, no splicing. This is what the engin harness of a 2005 WRX looks like after you peel it away from the body harness.

Now when I say I did not splice any wire, well... That was a down right lie was was tellin you!. of course a few wires had to be spliced but i would say less then 10% maybe even less than 5%

badfrogg
badfrogg Reader
9/30/21 9:13 a.m.
bmw88rider said:

Do I dare ask where all of this subie goodness is at?

Oh shoot. I forgot. Clearwater FL

badfrogg
badfrogg Reader
9/30/21 9:15 a.m.

Oh the horror of a wire merge.

badfrogg
badfrogg Reader
9/30/21 9:17 a.m.

But after 100 hours of terror you may come to somting that resembles a factory wire harness. Not done yet thoug. I put all the caldding back in too...

badfrogg
badfrogg Reader
9/30/21 9:23 a.m.

Wire merge done! Oh yeah. all the engine harness comes out of the body like the WRX so the engin bock harness is 100% WRX

badfrogg
badfrogg Reader
9/30/21 9:25 a.m.

WRX Subfram for the Wag.

badfrogg
badfrogg Reader
9/30/21 9:26 a.m.

Brand new rear subframe for the Wag. It is all in and done BTW.

badfrogg
badfrogg Reader
9/30/21 9:26 a.m.

Pretty much anything that was rotted is repaired now.

badfrogg
badfrogg Reader
9/30/21 9:27 a.m.

Ok. I got to go to my eye appointment. When I get back I'll add more. Stay tuned!

badfrogg
badfrogg Reader
9/30/21 12:30 p.m.

Here is the WRX. 

badfrogg
badfrogg Reader
9/30/21 12:31 p.m.

And here are some interesting shots of me doing the closed deck CNC on the STI block.

badfrogg
badfrogg Reader
9/30/21 12:33 p.m.

So thats's the meat of it for now. I will get a few more shots of the engin bays and the underside here in the next day or so.

RaabTheSaab
RaabTheSaab New Reader
9/30/21 7:58 p.m.

Oh my. I did not need to see this...

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
9/30/21 9:15 p.m.

Dang. If I were remotely close I'd take it all. One car I could take, but two plus parts is too much to get logistically and financially to NW Arkansas. Someone get it before I start using a calculator and attempting maths.

Region_Rat
Region_Rat New Reader
9/30/21 10:32 p.m.

In reply to captainawesome :

I could maybe do one if you did the other....

badfrogg
badfrogg Reader
10/1/21 8:28 a.m.

Ha! Don't look at me. I'm not going to try and talk you into it. But please ask all the questions you like. I have the day off and was going to give the cars a bath and maybe do a little touching up. I can take more pictures too.

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
10/1/21 8:30 a.m.

In reply to Region_Rat :

That's a possibility. I'm mostly interested in the wagon so if you are on the WRX train we may be able to hash out something we both can live with?

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
10/1/21 11:37 a.m.

I'd really like to see pictures of the Legacy.  

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/1/21 12:44 p.m.

45 minutes away, and I've never been so happy to not be able to take time off work.

badfrogg
badfrogg Reader
10/1/21 3:48 p.m.
Mr. Lee said:

45 minutes away, and I've never been so happy to not be able to take time off work.

If the world is telling you that it's not meant to be, listen.

I spent the day cleaning up the WRX. I know I promised pictures but I'm beat. I am heading out to dinner with my wife.

I will be doing the Legacy tomorrow. I'll get pics soon. 

Also. I will split the cars up. $6000 for the WRX and $2000 for the Legacy. Any parts are free for all to the buyers of the cars. I'm keeping my tig welder though! Ok till tomorrow then.

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/1/21 6:52 p.m.

I've got a bugeye wrx I'm hoping to finish the engine swap on in the next few weeks (hoping pre challenge) then it's going on the market. I love the car, wanted it terribly. But the sudden loss of bearings with normal driving is just leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Now... a NA Legacy wagon with a mild lift, would suit my uses just fine. I'll start looking after the WRX is sold.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dxEmPd4smn4QG5PZh4nww76eepG8Dx5BOKzqhOylGCtRzLkBuxMnJIlhrlAM8zx1