1 2
cruisermatt
cruisermatt Reader
10/20/21 9:54 a.m.

Parting our car out for some future builds after the Challenge this weekend. 
car details:

1995 325i 

full 1.75" Dom rollcage (A-pillars could stand to be be re done as they are short and block a portion of the windsheild viewing area). Cage is sloppy looking but should be plenty strong. 

full "lightweight converion", skinned trunk lid, sunroof, mirrors, still has power window mirrors and door structure so still another 50-70lbs that can come out

LS solid motor mount setup. Horrible looking but havent had any issue. 
It would be very easy to cut them off and do something else. 

Rear end is stock 3.18 gear (I believe), welded. 

suspension is super cheap Ebay lowering kit. 

windsheild is 1/16" lexan and looks horrible but actually has no visibility issues. A glass windsheild could be put back in. 

brakes: all in working order. MC is a Honda civic unit. Pedal is on the firm side and a slightly smaller bore would help. 
wheels. Will include a set of four Z3 16's, and two un-known 15's (Tires will be removed from the 15's). 

no seat included, no shifter included. 
Brand new bmw Radiator and fan will be included. 

car weighs about 1500lbs as a roller currently. Asking $300 OBO for this fine specimen. 

cruisermatt
cruisermatt Reader
10/20/21 9:56 a.m.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/20/21 10:01 a.m.

Do you have a build thread for this thing?  I'd like to know some more details on the cage and the previous build but color me interested

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
10/20/21 10:11 a.m.
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/21 12:48 p.m.

Oh my ...

cruisermatt
cruisermatt Reader
10/20/21 1:41 p.m.

I forgot to mention, there is a clean title (not in my name though)

Stampie
10/20/21 2:03 p.m.

Ok damn it put me in line behind RacetruckRon. 

RacetruckRon
10/20/21 5:19 p.m.

Very interested in this let's talk after the challenge. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/21 7:17 p.m.
RacetruckRon said:

LMK if you need those LS TURBUENOS  headers back.  

cruisermatt
cruisermatt Reader
10/24/21 9:24 a.m.

Sale/trades pending to @RacetruckRon smiley

Thanks @Stampie for running interference. 

Stampie
10/24/21 11:54 a.m.

In reply to cruisermatt :

Glad I could help send him pictures.

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/25/21 1:05 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:
RacetruckRon said:

I'm gonna hop on this train.

I am gathering an abundance of large turbos so if you want the HX52 back, to go after these headers, in your new-to-you Challenge BMW, hmu. I got you.

RacetruckRon
10/25/21 2:19 p.m.
gumby said:
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:
RacetruckRon said:

I'm gonna hop on this train.

I am gathering an abundance of large turbos so if you want the HX52 back, to go after these headers, in your new-to-you Challenge BMW, hmu. I got you.

I was thinking about that HX52 the other day. Need to get the bimmer to SC and figure out what the plan is.  I need to figure out how to loop a 16 hour round trip into one weekend.  I've driven Milwaukee to Gulf Shores straight a few times, never with a car trailer though.

cruisermatt
cruisermatt Reader
10/26/21 8:07 p.m.

Bump. Still available. 

Stampie
10/26/21 8:45 p.m.

I'd like to look at it in person again but I won't be available to do so until after Thanksgiving so take me out of line until then.

cruisermatt
cruisermatt Reader
10/26/21 8:57 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

No problem. I am considering throwing another piston in and getting that 10 with this car so no rush. 

greenfieldhippi
greenfieldhippi Reader
10/26/21 11:23 p.m.

Maybe I missed it, but where is the car located? Also by roller do you mean with the blown engine still in it or w/ out?

car50
car50
10/27/21 1:47 a.m.

I would love to buy this BMW but unfortunately I don't have money, maybe someday I will buy some money, and I live far away from you so probably nothing will come out; (

cruisermatt
cruisermatt Reader
10/27/21 6:39 p.m.

In reply to greenfieldhippi :

East Orlando. Sorry about that. 

and as stated in the add this is just the shell. I didnt mention but the fuel tank and custom hat is included as well. 

no interest in selling complete (car currently runs and drives and will be disassembled if someone wants to buy), as i would loose a ton of of my good budgeted challenge parts. 

B13Birk
B13Birk GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/27/21 7:52 p.m.

In reply to cruisermatt :

When would you be done taking the car apart? I'm not in a rush. Just trying to figure out your timeline. I'm very interested. seems like a great deal and a great start to get me back to the challenge. I'm in Gainesville, family is in Orlando so it would be easy for me to come to snag her. Feel free to shoot me a text. 407 four three two o3 five four

cruisermatt
cruisermatt Reader
10/23/22 1:55 p.m.

2022 bump. 

car has went 10.65 at 129mph on 8lbs boost last year. 

new price $500 

it now includes:

-uncut matching black hood

-fuel system

-brand new aluminum Ford mustang radiator and BMW fan (cools a V8 excellently). 

-B&M ratchet shifter

-two complete of wheels and tires, one set of 15's with 205 hoosiers and a set of Z3 16's with old rollers. Also a separate pair of 15's with 235 drag radials on BMW wheels. 

-Kirkey seat

- LS Turbo hot side. It is disgustingly ugly but works fine. 

-Gt45 Turbo and wastegate 

-transmission cooler and lines

-fresh new Orielly's axles installed and a third spare axle (also brand new)

Not included:

-Engine 

-transmission/converter 

-ECU and engine harness

cruisermatt
cruisermatt Reader
10/23/22 8:34 p.m.

Unloading the car this evening I also realized there's a set of almost new Renn brand 15mm wheel spacers as well.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/23/22 8:39 p.m.

I could probably throw a slower engine and at least say I did a car for next year. 
That a great deal, so I'm sure someone cool here will have it long before I get a couple good contracts in a row to buy it. 
But I'm a tentative. Maybe. One day. We'll see. 

cruisermatt
cruisermatt Reader
10/29/22 4:24 p.m.

bump. 

Going to extend the offer I made to Stampie. If whomever buys this roller provides a stock ECU Vortec/LS engine wire harness I will trim it down for standalone use for free, and Lt1 swaps.com will flash the PCM's for standalone for $75 (which to my understanding can be left out of the Challenge budget sheet as it is a licensing fee and technically a part on the car). 

madmrak351
madmrak351 Reader
10/30/22 4:52 p.m.

Interested, saw car at the challenge. I did not look it over like I might be purchasing it. But at this price....... Sending PM. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oTHlIepRFWSbFCUWAzQIWD4d0BBssT79qQ6wbQxUFdvtydTx1BbzljD1EslYiHoj