Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
3/6/22 10:58 a.m.

Mine. Affiliated. Car is located in Upper St. Clair, PA 15241. About 20 minutes south of Pittsburgh. I buy these to part out and likely still will but it's a decent car someone could have fun with. Buy this car and I'll write the receipt for $1600 tor car and $200 in parts I'll include.  You could easily be challenge ready with a few parts and some time invested. 

Copied from Facebook:

Up for sale is a 2002 Ford Focus SVT. 143k miles. Runs and drives but needs tlc to get back in the road. It will need trailered home. The previous owner spend over $2,500 on this car in front end suspension work. I have the receipt. 

I’ll start with the bad:

-the exhaust is separated at the flex pipe. It will need some weld work to fix. It’s loud and makes race car noises now.

-the people who worked on the car put the wrong ball joint pinch bolts and the lower ball joint separated and split the CV axle. I put it back tougher but it needs the proper bolts. I have them in order now and will include.

-the brakes need bled despite four new calipers and rotors/pads.

-Will need PA inspection if that matters to you. 

The good!:

-Clean car overall. From WV so less rusty but not rust free. Bottoms of doors and some area on the hatch is rusting.

-Runs great!  Fires up. High due to exhaust but settles down and runs well.

Any questions let me know. Unfortunately the price is what it is. I need that to get some investment back and make it worth my effort. 

rdcyclist
rdcyclist GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/6/22 2:44 p.m.

I am SOOOO glad you're in PA and not CA. Whew! I get to stay married longer!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
3/7/22 10:21 p.m.

Can you really spend $2500 on Focus front suspension work and it not be complete?

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
3/8/22 12:37 a.m.

Is there anyway to accomplish a fly and drive?   Do these get better than 20mpg?   It would pay for itself by mid summer

Scotty Con Queso
3/8/22 8:13 a.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

So much to say about that but I won't bash. But yes, it seems possible. 

Scotty Con Queso
3/8/22 8:14 a.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

I'm not going to promise anything but I'll say maybe. Be ready to bring a few parts and some tools.

These use premium only so your cheap gas car is out. 

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/8/22 9:19 a.m.

I want to come see it, I am next door. I have been shopping for this exact thing, please check your PM. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/8/22 10:49 a.m.

I really loved driving the one I had, great cars these.

Puddy46
Puddy46 New Reader
3/8/22 10:58 a.m.

Also next door and very interested.  If pinchvalve passes, I'll love to come take a look at it.

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
3/8/22 11:08 a.m.

If anybody decides to track it, there have been good reviews on the Ford Fiesta hubs not exploding on you, if you can't afford or locate super hubs.

Scotty Con Queso
5/17/22 9:49 a.m.

Going to bump this one more time before it gets parted. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/17/22 9:55 a.m.

What exactly is preventing it from being drivable? Other than exhaust and CV axle?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tlEdyXXufxYkWXp5c01Jq4787TpngPVTbZWJNoCIGQpWv8BE4rEFXA4KwAUnHUVE