Somebeach (Forum Supporter)
Somebeach (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
11/22/21 10:02 a.m.
John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/22/21 11:09 a.m.

That looks like a deer strike.  Notice that "smoothness" to the denting which is likely from the "soft body" of the deer, not like the hardness of an immovable object.  Also notice the hood scoop is bent backwards like the deer body laying on the hood.  A deer antler likely went through the windshield.  No airbags went off so the radiator likely survived.  Not a real difficult fix but fender, bumper, headlights, hood, windshiedl all add up quickly.  I'll bet $7k worth of damage at shop rates.

Edit: IAA site says $7.1k worth of damage on a car valued at $9.6k before damage.  For a WRX w/ 185k miles, $9.6k seems like a favorable valuation?  I'll bet the insurance company has a reserve of $3.5k on this at least for it's first week auctioned.

11/22/21 11:28 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

I threw a low bid on it, so I will be able to see what it goes for. 

My guess is with fees is right at $2,500.

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
11/22/21 1:37 p.m.

Hmm location is right.

11/23/21 12:53 p.m.

Looks like it it sold for 1675 final bid. Estimated fees about $550 on top of that. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/23/21 1:27 p.m.

In reply to Somebeach (Forum Supporter) :

Wow, low. 

Are you the winner? 

Did you watch it sell?  Did it actually say sold or did it say pending where pending is code for, "didn't meet reserve but we'll counter offer the high bidder"

The other way to tell is if you had it bookmarked in your saved vehicles, some time tonight you will get an email saying that a car you followed is available. This might include a buy-now price. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8tvKCDqcEslI5tpE98PvKAKq7YI2bMEjjKDYQYPSyuNBP0KlwuZPaTrgoLqqsOOR