1 2 3
03Panther
03Panther UberDork
3/28/22 4:45 p.m.

BTW, best of thoughts go out to you, and the health issues. Lymes sucks! Hope you can achieve  a full recovery. 

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
3/28/22 4:52 p.m.

Finally had the time to re-read both threads, and various links! Awesome build. 
As far along as you brought this, it is one heck of a good deal. I truly hope I can work something out with a partner or two, and pull this off. I've never sat in one, and hope I ain't too wide, cause I've wanted one for about 45 years!

I was in the running for the challenge Europa, but it went to the FAR better home. Your fab work is WAY better than mine, but  (I think) I'm good enough to finish your excellent starting point!

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/28/22 6:38 p.m.
Brotus7 said:

In reply to APEowner :

Ideally I'd like the space in my garage back by the end of June.

I guess this all the more reason for why I need to convince the wife that we gotta move south!

I moved from Upstate NY to NM 10 years ago and I highly recommend moving south.  I'll keep the end of June concept in mind while I kick this around.

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
3/28/22 7:20 p.m.

In reply to APEowner :

I've worked from Maine to the tip of Florida; many northern states, and all of the southern states. Also worked in NM... loved it out there; but found absolutely nothing southern 'bout it. surprise

Worked a few months just east of silver city. Cool town, but ate up with liberals. Couldn't move there. Liked several of the towns north of there, but only vacationed, so not same as living there. 

Brotus7
Brotus7 Dork
4/7/22 12:39 p.m.

Some solid life advice from Tavarish...

And with that said, I'm happy to announce that the Europa is sold to a member of the GRM community!

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
4/7/22 12:57 p.m.

My condolences to the new owner! cheeky

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/7/22 2:50 p.m.

I don't know where the car is located, but my son in Norwalk offered a place to hold it until Stampie, errrr someone, can pick it up.  

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/7/22 3:37 p.m.

Glad this is sold and to someone here! I was kicking it around (like probably many of us) and you had done so much of the hard work to get it to this point. Can't wait to subscribe the continuation build thread!

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/7/22 4:26 p.m.

Who bought it and are they taking it to the Challenge?

NOT A TA
NOT A TA UltraDork
4/7/22 4:27 p.m.

In reply to Brotus7 :

Good to see the car stay within the GRM community. Hope you recover well from the Lyme. I got it back around the turn of the century and was misdiagnosed for years while it got worse and worse. Got to the Encephalitis/brain fog point in the fetal position almost unable to move. Took years after finally getting medications that helped and never fully recovered, still have relapses that put me in the hospital 20 years later along with less acute sympyons occasionally.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dGKf8f7EJsXmBpnayICyJjYU6gtyNYfXYoaRVbJAo794bHSUpbSPSx1slMjL0psj