BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Dork
10/19/21 9:22 p.m.

For sale the 1988 VW Jetta stage rally that I have owned since 2014. The car was built and Logbooked with SCCA in 2001 where the original owner drove it to good success in the mid 2000’s including a national 2WD class US Rally Championship win in 2005. A second owner owned the car since 2006 until I pulled it out of a barn in 2014.

In 2014-2015 the car was brought up to legal spec for rally in the US including a cage replacement. Then ran 7 events in the NE, the last being ESPR in 2016. Since then, the car remained plated and driven on the street to remain fresh, with hopes I could return with it to US rally.

It is now time for this car to go, as I will be losing my storage space for it. The car is currently in driving condition, but rough like a car with 32 rallies in its log book will be. A trailer would not be needed to pick up the car, it will drive home.

That said there are many spares, multiple sets of used tires and rims, spare parts, axles, cross member, hubs with fresh bearings, etc. A truck or van would be suggested to pick all these up. The Title is also clear.

To get this car racing again, all that would be required would be to get the car up to modern spec from 2016. The belts are expired, but the car does have an oil pressure fuel pump cutoff.

The details of the car are as such:

• The cage was replaced and inspected by RA in 2015. The original SCCA logbook remained with the car.
  • Front suspension are JVAB coilovers made to use Subaru top mounts. The car is also modified to use the same mounts. The mounts in the car currently have 2 events on them. Rears are Bilsten 3598 BE5 2738M0 with H&R 150lb/in springs
  • Also included are 2X Eibach 14" 2.5" 250lb/in springs
  • 2x Hyperco 175lb/in. springs
  • Strut bushings, etc. all have 2 events or are newer.
  • The steering rack was replaced 2016
  • The engine is a 2.0 ABA with the 1.8 head conversion, a compression ratio of 10:1 so it could run on pump gas if we had to. The engine runs on a simplified CIS injection that works well, but the electronics have been removed that help the engine idle as it gets to temp. Once at running temperature the car idles great and sounds mean when revved.
  • The Trans is a VW AGB rebuilt by Thiel's Import Auto and has 3.45, 2.12, 1.44, 1.13, 1.09 r/p 4.25, so fairly short and a good time for rally. The car will wind out just about over 100mph with street tires at the top of 5th.
  • The car also has a good light bar with 4 old school halogens.
  • The car has a very strong skid plate under the engine and fuel pump, plastic underside protection (the sheet of HPDE should be replaced, though).

The car will come with 18 wheels with various used Rally or Snow tires on them.

7 of which are Enkei Sport rims which look great. The other 11 are stock VW aluminum wheels.

Asking $4,500

Contact me here or at RJRusso23@gmail.com

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Dork
10/19/21 9:44 p.m.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Dork
10/29/21 6:33 a.m.

Price is negotiable...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
10/29/21 7:04 a.m.

Is this on the North America Rally FS group on facebook yet?  That is, unfortunately, where the action seems to be for used rally cars at this point.

Alternately, would you like to trade for a Cadillac? cheeky

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
10/29/21 9:19 a.m.

cool car, I could trade you my kart angel

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Dork
11/29/21 7:41 p.m.

Not really into trades. I guess I'll have to make a new FB group to sell this thing...

WillG80
WillG80 GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/2/21 1:12 p.m.

Man I wish this was closer to Colorado 

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/2/21 2:24 p.m.

This is a deal, GLWS.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Dork
3/31/22 9:48 p.m.

This was sold. Thanks, All.