L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf New Reader
6/27/19 10:42 a.m.

I’m in the market for one (1), IMCA (or similar) Sport Compact dirt track race car (FWD, 4 cylinders, no variable cam/valve timing, normally aspirated). If your car is slightly, but reversibly, beyond those rules I may consider it.

Ideally it should be basically race ready or close to it. It must have; manual transmission, 2 doors (not 4), 2.0 liter engine or bigger. If it does not run, drive, stop, it is UN-likely I will be interested. If you want to keep your race seat and battery I’m good with that (after I drive it).

When I contact you I will be: 1) asking questions – I will want complete, straight forward and truthful answers, 2) asking for pictures to back up your answers, 3) communicating via Email (no phone/text until I decide to take that step).

This will be a cash deal. But if you’re interest I have a couple motorcycles I would be willing to part with; 89 Yamaha FZ1200, 60s Wards Riverside 175cc (the rarer engine) resto project

I am out west but can travel to the Midwest for the right car, price, etc. If you are east of the Mississippi River or north of Iowa you might have to bring it part way – road trips are fun.

If you have read all of this and understand it PM me here with basic info on the car.

Thank you

greenfieldhippi
greenfieldhippi New Reader
6/27/19 6:52 p.m.

https://www.racingjunk.com Has a lot of options maybe not exactly what you're looking for and maybe not in your price range but maybe a place to start looking?

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf New Reader
6/27/19 7:35 p.m.
greenfieldhippi said:

https://www.racingjunk.com Has a lot of options maybe not exactly what you're looking for and maybe not in your price range but maybe a place to start looking?

Thank you, I've been there for a while. The selection there is pretty slim. I would imagine because you eventually have to pay for the ad. There are more cars on FarceBook, but the quality of most are suspect at best and it's FB so . . . yuck.

Here at least the people seem knowledgeable on how to build a car. 

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf Reader
2/26/20 12:14 p.m.

If I'm allowed to bump this then . . . bump

zilla916
zilla916 New Reader
2/26/20 4:48 p.m.
L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf Reader
2/26/20 5:51 p.m.
zilla916 said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/136293874146831/

I'm not on facebook so I sent you a message here, but it bounced. Is this yours?

zilla916
zilla916 New Reader
2/27/20 8:12 p.m.

In reply to L5wolvesf :

No, it's not mine, but it is local. I'm not sure if it's listed elsewhere. 

Here is the written portion of the add:

95 dodge neon dirt track car. Professional built sohc 5speed. With extras parts to make go fast.There is a 98 neon RT also I would sell the pair for 2k firm. the white car has a very good chassis and would make a excellent IMCA sport compact car. The motor has 100k on it . The Magnum Head and Intake come with that car. a little freshening and with the mag head and intake it would be very competitive.

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
2/27/20 9:48 p.m.

A Neon is a great choice. I ran a ACR ish version with a 2.4L at the local dirt track and killed them.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
z79fftYWuJtTwjLhQkYdsWoRBoXTlYHSNn5wIddqmJV0arYghFJMrWpz1a3287tt