Powar
Powar UltraDork
10/25/22 3:07 p.m.

We're paring down our collection a bit and the first car to go is my wife's sunny day driven 2008 9-3 SportCombi. It is one of 14 Laser Red 2.0T/6 speed manual SportCombis produced in '08. We're the second owners, and it has been garage kept since new. The car hasn't seen winter use in the 5 years that we've owned it. 108k miles.

No expense has been spared on mechanical maintenance. Rebuilt cylinder head and all top end gaskets, clutch, flywheel, rear main crankshaft seal, PowerStop brake rotors and pads, fuel level sender, vacuum pump, swaybar endlinks, and more in the time that we've owned it.

It has some poorly applied touch up paint on a couple of panels from the previous owner, and one small spot of rust bubbling on the bottom of the right front fender. Zero rust anywhere else-- above or below. Some wear on driver's seat bottom.

This car needs nothing to be put into daily service, or can present very well at Saabs@Carlisle, SOC, and continue to be a pampered three season car. Clear KY title in our names. $7500 OBO.

Additional photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/LtxeKFUxn15tXe3a8

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/22 3:15 p.m.

on man, what a great car!  we have a 2010 9-3 2.0T sedan with automatic.  i only see two ways to make ours better: 1. wagon.  2. manual.

i wish i was in the market.

Powar
Powar UltraDork
10/25/22 3:17 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

on man, what a great car!  we have a 2010 9-3 2.0T sedan with automatic.  i only see two ways to make ours better: 1. wagon.  2. manual.

i wish i was in the market.

Thanks for the kind words. We maintained this car like we were keeping it forever because we honestly thought we were. She's still in love with it, but kids have a way of changing priorities.

alphahotel
alphahotel GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/25/22 4:00 p.m.

My wife and I would be very interested.  We are looking for a "fun" car where "fun" for us means a) has a manual transmission, b) feels relatively nimble for tooling around back roads, and (recently) c) has a back seat to take grandkid for ice cream some day.  I have soft spot for Saabs and wagons.

I will attempt to PM you.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
10/25/22 4:02 p.m.

beauty! different motor than this 08 wagon? https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2008-saab-saab-turbo-x-sportcombi/

what else is going to go?

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/25/22 4:08 p.m.

What a killer, cool car! I wish I was in the market! Price seems amazing too!!

alphahotel
10/25/22 4:39 p.m.

PM sent.

Powar
Powar UltraDork
10/25/22 5:33 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

beauty! different motor than this 08 wagon? https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2008-saab-saab-turbo-x-sportcombi/

what else is going to go?

Yes. The TurboX has a 2.8l V6 Turbo with the excellent but maintenance intensive Haldex AWD. This car is a 2WD 2.0 Turbo 4. IMO, the 2.0T/manual/FWD combo is the best available from a long-term ownership perspective in these cars.

As for other things on the chopping block: A '90 900 Turbo convertible project car, the Prius (eventually), my crew cab GMT400 turbodiesel, and likely my '72 SAAB 95V4 (but I'm putting that one off as long as possible). I might  also drag out a couple of the saveable Saabs in the parts car area and see if any brave soul wants to put them back on the road.

alphahotel: I'll respond to your emails in a few. Thanks for reaching out!

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
10/25/22 6:01 p.m.

E36 M3, put me second in line, or give me GRM long time member dibs.  This is exactly what I'm looking for!

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/26/22 9:30 a.m.

Man, a day late and a dollar short.  I think you are right about the FWD 2.0T manual being the go to set up.  If everyone else backs out let me know.

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
10/26/22 9:35 a.m.

Aaron, I know you're a Saab guy.  I'm travelling non-stop over the next several weeks, so not sure when I'd be able to grab it, and I'd be happy for it to go to another Saab GRM fanatic.  You can jump in line in front of me if you'd like as long as you promise to grab it.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/26/22 9:58 a.m.

In reply to SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) :

Things are tight at the moment.  If you can do it get it, it will take some work for me, us to get it.  

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/26/22 10:17 a.m.

That FD in the background though....

Powar
Powar UltraDork
10/26/22 1:07 p.m.

Sale pending to alphahotel. I'll keep you guys updated if things fall through. Thanks for all the interest!

Powar
Powar UltraDork
11/4/22 10:50 a.m.

Sold and picked up this morning. Thanks to all who responded. I'm glad the car is going to a good home. The GRM crew never fails to deliver.

alphahotel
11/4/22 11:26 p.m.

It's neither a project nor on a trailer, but here is its first gas stop under our ownership.  Thanks much to Powar for a smooth transaction, taking good care of the car so far, and letting me drive his 900.  We intend to enjoy it for a long time.

may be picture of red saab

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ADj4QsFiG2ihDfyNZS4B6YYNu2EUqdZvy2VQN3xFa4Ewdhw5uWfz2XQLlFNlr4fG