Rotaryracer
Rotaryracer Reader
2/25/20 9:23 a.m.

Car is sold....thanks!

+ + + +

Not mine, but I have driven it in anger at a SCCA driver's school at Summit Point in 2018...this car is FAST - much faster than I was as a driver.  smiley  Exceptionally well-built by the same guy (Tom Brown) that built my car and has decades of experience in the class.  Currently a roller, this is a nationals-level car with the right drivetrain and driver.  As a guy who unfortunately knows just how much it costs to build one of these from near scratch, you would be money ahead to buy this one for (quite literally) pennies on the dollar.  Drop in a drivetrain (or negotiate in something from Tom for extra bucks) and go racing this year!  Located in Horseheads, NY 14845.

• Prepared and logbooked to SCCA American Sedan specifications (which means it can be run in NASA American Iron, if desired)
  • Custom rollcage
  • Kirkey seat
  • Custom Chevy 10 bolt floater rear end with 3.73 gears
  • Custom third link rear suspension
  • Ground Control suspension with solid mounts and bushings
  • Weight jackers
  • Fiberglass hood
  • MSD ignition and coil
  • Accusump oiling system
  • Wilwood 4 piston brakes
  • Aluminum radiator
  • Some spares
  • Will need motor and transmission (setup for Muncie/AutoGear 4-speed) to complete

Asking $6,000 or best offer.  Turn-key, ready to race option also available at additional cost.  Contact Tom Brown at asedan23 at Yahoo for additional info/details.

Rotaryracer
Rotaryracer Reader
3/1/20 9:35 a.m.
Loweguy5 said:

That is a terrific buy

Thanks Mike - agreed, and it's now an even better buy.  The fire suppression system is now included with the car, so a new driver would only need a motor and trans to go racing.  We've got a great group of guys in NY that run American Sedan, so if the new owner is local, there's a huge amount of support and knowledge available.  We'd love to have someone pick this up and come racing with us this year!

Rotaryracer
Rotaryracer Reader
1/13/21 12:34 p.m.

Bump to the top...still available, and negotiable based on what is/is not included.  There's an AS legal 305 that can be had (separately) for short money to drop into this and be ready to run.  yes  Rental may also be available for comp license holders.

RacingComputers
RacingComputers GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/27/21 7:18 p.m.

In reply to Rotaryracer

Interested.  Please reach out to Racingcomputers@yahoo.com

Thanks

Rotaryracer
Rotaryracer Reader
1/28/21 10:52 a.m.

In reply to RacingComputers :

Sounds good!  I've passed your email address along to the owner (Tom Brown) and expect he'll reach out shortly.  You can also contact him at asedan23 AT yahoo DOT com.

Thanks!

RacingComputers
1/28/21 2:40 p.m.

Talking with owner this afternoon

Thanks

RacingComputers
1/30/21 5:24 p.m.

Had a good talk with the seller, he is working on a Turn Key price.

Thanks

Rotaryracer
Rotaryracer Reader
2/1/21 7:39 a.m.

In reply to RacingComputers :

Awesome - great way to get out on the track immediately.  The car only needs a drivetrain (and probably tires) and you'd be ready to go. 

A-Sedan is a hugely fun class, and they make all the right V8 noises.  :)

Rotaryracer
Rotaryracer Reader
3/12/21 10:07 a.m.

Still available...racing season is coming!

Rotaryracer
Rotaryracer Reader
5/8/21 11:39 a.m.

Sold and heading down to the DC region today...hope to see it on the track again soon!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
S5sGyGIUu9MzhIxCALPGhF3TGAYei5rexCv74Vhe1sJrpZsqgSTMZsnNchxSKbqv