1 2
sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
1/6/23 8:04 a.m.

Back on the market, buyer backed out. To be clear, this is a "book" chassis.  It is NOT a 442 or other variation.  The parts Miata has no title.  I was going to register it in Vermont to correct that.  No holds, first cash in hand gets it. Open to trades

I’ve come to the unfortunate conclusion that I will never get around to building this car so its time to move it along to someone who will.  What you get is the following:

A copy of both Ron Champion and Keith Tanners books.  Both are getting hard to find and expensive but are a great resource to build this car.

A “Book” dimension chassis that is 80% completed.  I did not fabricate it, I’m its 3rd owner. It was built at a Miata race shop in Ohio that went out of business.  The race shop was bought out By Midwest Miata parts in Ohio and all Miata parts removed for resale.  I got the chassis from them.  It was a roller with Miata driveline/suspension at one point. That said, all the suspension pick-up points looked sketchy (almost like they were Added after the fact) I removed the rear clip and added a Miata rear subframe.  It is welded in but needs finished and braced.  The rear does roll, making it easy to move around the shop. My plan was to also remove the front pickups that were added and replace them with a “book” front suspension.

I also purchased most of the bodywork from Kinetic Vehicles.  I have a nose cone, scuttle, rear fenders and windshield mount/frame kit.  All fiberglass parts are great quality, but as with any fiberglass part they need cleaned up and finished.  This is $1000 + shipping in parts. Trust me when I tell you shipping was about as much as the parts themselves.

Along with this, you will get an NA6 Miata roller with NO TITLE for suspension parts as well as a great running and clean 1.6 motor/5 spd, ECU, wire harness and just about any other Miata part you can think of to complete the build. I do not have brakes for the roller, they wer not servicable.  I was planning to register it through Vermont to ease the PA paperwork for the Lotus

So on to the most important part… Location and Price.  It is in York Pa.  I feel like $2000 is fair for it considering all you are getting.  That said, If someone wanted to build it a challenge legal, I could be convinced to give a GRM Discount of $500 for headroom.  Also may be interested in trades.. 

Message me here, or at sanyarcosean@yahoo.com

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
1/6/23 8:41 a.m.

Would you be interested in selling the rear fenders and scuttle and windshield stuff separately? If so, a quick width measurement from you on the scuttle and I can check that it will fit my frame, which is in similar condition to yours, also waiting for me to get to it.  I'm local-ish too for easy pickup.  

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
1/6/23 9:13 a.m.

In reply to Sonic :

I would consider it, but Id honestly need to get $1500 from those parts just to break even on them.  I basically trying to recoup that investment. Text me at 717-855-7913 if you would like to discuss 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/6/23 9:49 a.m.

The book chassis is the size you want, a 442 is huge and wobbly IMO.

This is a great deal for someone.

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
1/6/23 11:13 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:

The book chassis is the size you want, a 442 is huge and wobbly IMO.

This is a great deal for someone.

I am not a small man, 5'10" 250lbs and I fit in the book chassis, like a glove.  

RedGT
RedGT Dork
1/6/23 12:00 p.m.

That's a hell of a deal but I am trying to be realistic with myself that I would never get it built until I retire.  

Docwemple
Docwemple Reader
1/6/23 12:10 p.m.

My trade offer is still open 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/6/23 12:15 p.m.

Would 6'0" and 170lbs fit a book chassis?

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
1/6/23 12:21 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

I think you would be ok.  at 250 "Im snug between the body and tunnel.  I don't think length would be an issue. IMHO

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
1/6/23 12:27 p.m.

In reply to Docwemple :

Shot you a FB message, lets talk

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/8/23 11:53 p.m.

I'm really glad this isn't anywhere close to where I live.  I'd have to pick this up if I could reasonably do it. 

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
1/10/23 10:05 a.m.

As of this morning, this is still available.  I had another buyer back out last minute.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder UltraDork
1/10/23 10:10 a.m.

In reply to sanyarcosean :

Jeeze, come on people! This is a great deal - if you were closer I'd take it off your hands.

Docwemple
Docwemple Reader
1/10/23 10:16 a.m.

FWIW, I offered a trade of my 06 BMW K1200R. It hydrolyzed, going through too deep a puddle.  Have another engine that may have a rod bearing issue. I has an aprokovik carbon fiber exhaust and other goodies. Buy it for 2k and I'll give him the Money

accordionfolder
1/10/23 10:21 a.m.

In reply to Docwemple :

My chastisement was tongue in cheek, hope it didn't come across mean spirited. I'm rooting for you to get the bike liquidated and get to move on the locost - that's a cool starter kit. I always hope project cars hang around GRM. 

Docwemple
Docwemple Reader
1/10/23 11:14 a.m.

In reply to accordionfolder :

No worries 

bentwrench
bentwrench UltraDork
1/10/23 11:39 a.m.

If this was on the west coast I would already own it.

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
1/11/23 9:01 a.m.

BUMP  ( because you need a Lotus 7 and I need garage space)

RedGT
RedGT Dork
1/11/23 10:04 a.m.

Well, let's see if i can be the third buyer to back out.  FB message sent, w/ email info if you prefer that.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/23 10:06 a.m.

In reply to sanyarcosean :

I'm doing my best to enable others for you. A couple years ago i'd be on the way, i'm too mature now to stack another project in the queue(most of the time)

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
1/14/23 2:24 p.m.

Sold and on its way to a new home

Docwemple
Docwemple Reader
1/14/23 2:52 p.m.

Congratulations 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/14/23 3:14 p.m.

Why did I spend my time looking at that Miata and not the 7 frame?

RedGT
RedGT Dork
1/14/23 4:21 p.m.

Home.  Needed one of those 'Honk if E36 M3 falls off' bumper stickers.

accordionfolder
1/14/23 11:40 p.m.

Alright! May the project car gods smile upon you.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2kiqGOaqxyu2owAgmCvtSn3xWGwQUPpalKYXqP0x07lsabv1tuftgQWtt2P4oiho