sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
7/7/21 3:01 p.m.

I've not really had a build thread for this car.  In the past,  most of the build was covered in my OneLap threads.  The car has been hibernating outside of sleepydad's house the last three years, with ~monthly to ~biweekly drives, and maintenance enough to keep it running and in inspection.

That means the 4 year old OneLap stickers are a mess.  So is the paint, and the headlights need another cleaning and shot of clearcoat.  The oil is two years and 200 miles old.  So are a set of undersized 225Rikens on 18x7.5 Kia wheels... one of which is mismatched.  The GLoc R12/R8's are loud, and have left enough material that they're 'singing' at times when off the brake.

I've got a bunch of other things on my plate with the move back.  I'm probably not taking this car back to OneLap in 2022... who knows about 2023 at this point.  So, build-wise, this car is in an odd spot.  It did it's job these last 3years... being 'ready to go' if needed on short notice.

But, some of y'all know the car.  It maybe deserves its own thread, and having a thread may help to clarify its purpose over time.  Also, in case it wasn't obvious, this is a coy way of saying "I'm back, for now"

ymmv

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/7/21 4:11 p.m.

One of the few Acuras I don't mind and didn't hate being in..... even if it swung wide popping a cone and letting Seth take the win over me. I will never forgive you TL for that. NEVER.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/7/21 6:09 p.m.

Yeah!

hunter47
hunter47 Reader
7/7/21 6:32 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGZaQK8fJ60

Don't know if you're aware but Mr. Norgaard of Yawsport has a crazy TL build. I've had the pleasure of seeing it twice now, it's an awesome car. 

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
7/8/21 7:02 a.m.

In reply to hunter47 :

Yup, I came across that video back when I bought my car in the fall of 2016.

There's also The Smoking Tires' video from the same timeframe:   

I'm fairly certain I can't afford 18x10.5's.

hunter47
hunter47 Reader
7/8/21 9:48 a.m.

In reply to sleepyhead the buffalo :

It's gotten even more crazy since that video! I'll scroll through my camera roll and see if I can find some  newer pics.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/23/23 3:17 p.m.

18+ months later... and I've agreed to buy something else.  I've driven this sporadically, removed the stickers... and haven't made frequent enough time to address this car's issues, and make it so I can trust it more... and one of the issues means it won't pass inspection here.

Currently:
2005 model
~172,600miles-ish
6spd manual, with factory LSD and Brembo calipers
- A/C doesn't work
- Radio doesn't work (it was deactivated by my now-retired mechanic to try to stem a phantom drain while I was OCUNUS).
- Airbag light is on
- Key fob doesn't work
- Pax Rear Door lock sometimes sticks
- The front calipers might be dragging; and on drives over 30mins the brakes begin to 'sing' with speed.
- Currently on R10/R8 G-Loc pads, STR shocks, and has extended lugs in the rear
- front fenders have been "rolled and pulled" about an 1" out over stock to fit Hyundai Genesis wheels on 20mm spacers
- All of the trunk interior is removed (will be included)
- The front dash is cracked all up (common on these)
- There's a fair amount of "sticker glue" that I refuses my efforts to remove it from the doors.
- The clear coat is failing on multiple spots on the hood and roof.
- Glove box is removed (will be included)
- Rear speakers / Subwoofer removed (will be included)
- Rear seat back leather has been 'tweaked' under the headrest to allow easier access to the bolts that remove the seat back
- I'm going to try to swap the OE wheels back on, with 2018 date Conti ECS, which haven't been stored particularly "correctly"... but it might end up on two from OE 17x8's, and two rear black 17x8 Motegi MR118's, with the other two OE wheels included.

There's probably a couple other things I'm forgetting?

Has completed OneLap of America twice (2017 & 2018), but hasn't won anything... other than bobzilla's grudging endorsement (see above).  cheeky

I've got a bit under two weeks, and then this thing will get donated... so that the sleepywife (and the neighbors) won't complain about "all the cars at (y)our house".  Anybody want this, in "as is, where is" condition?

edit:
Let's go with $2500 to get it out of my driveway.

Check here to see it's previous "glory":
https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/sleepyheads-2017-one-lap/128478/page1/
https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/sleepyhead-bobzilla-and-john-welsh-do-onelap2018/136470/page20/

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/23/23 3:46 p.m.

Where is it located?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/23/23 3:50 p.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) :

90 minutes from you. 

sleepyhead the buffalo
1/23/23 3:50 p.m.

"spitting distance" to Dulles airport

HotNotch
HotNotch New Reader
1/23/23 3:53 p.m.

Pm sent

sleepyhead the buffalo
1/23/23 4:17 p.m.
HotNotch said:

Pm sent

replied

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/23/23 4:46 p.m.

Dang! Great deal!!!

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/23/23 7:10 p.m.

Not a bad deal. And close. I'll pass it along to a local buddy. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
M23SDPAp8XxuLTBeeioD6txnbgdpOUCEHFzuqev2TIHw9eNfuEBGSi5nXBNBBZGP