Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/19/22 11:12 a.m.
Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/19/22 11:29 a.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Anybody that is so lazy that they have to abbreviate the already abbreviated "Chevy" to "Chev" is immediately suspicious to me on their workmanship. That thread was painful to read, I literally had to give up. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
5/19/22 11:41 a.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Glad we're having such a positive and supportive morning!

Javelin
5/19/22 12:03 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Sorry, didn't mean to be like that. I love X1/9's and the Toronado transaxle conversion seemed really cool. I honestly couldn't read what the original builder wrote though. 

128racecar
128racecar Reader
5/19/22 12:47 p.m.

Pretty detailed description. Different than the usual fuzzy FB pictures and one sentence description. 

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
5/26/22 2:24 p.m.

Ah man, hated to hear about Mike :(  Hadn't been in the Fiat world for a while now, but met a lot of great people while playing with those cars.  

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
5/26/22 9:42 p.m.

Chev made a 3.8 engine?  

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
5/28/22 9:51 a.m.

I'm adopting "Chev" from here on out. I hate the phrase "Chevy" for some weird David Frieburger type reason. 

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/28/22 9:59 a.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

It actualy makes more sense.  It's Chevrolet,   Chev-rolet, Chev rolet..  Chev.    Why would you add a Y?

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
5/28/22 11:37 a.m.

But then is it ch like Chevy or ch like Chet?

Javelin
5/28/22 11:48 a.m.
nocones said:

It actualy makes more sense.  It's Chevrolet,   Chev-rolet, Chev rolet..  Chev.    Why would you add a Y?

Chevrolet is 3 syllables like Miata. Would you call it a "Mi"? What about "Ca" for Camaro? How would you know if someone saying "Ca" meant Camaro, Carrera, or a Ford Ka, or are just from Boston talking about a generic car?

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/28/22 12:15 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

But then is it ch like Chevy or ch like Chet?

Definitely hard ch. Chev Silveraydo or Impaula?

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/28/22 12:35 p.m.
Javelin said:
nocones said:

Chevrolet is 3 syllables like Miata. Would you call it a "Mi"? What about "Ca" for Camaro? How would you know if someone saying "Ca" meant Camaro, Carrera, or a Ford Ka, or are just from Boston talking about a generic car?

Your right.  We should just drop a syllable.  I'm aligned with referring to Chevrolet as Chevro.  

Chevro Vette really saves some time.  

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/28/22 12:36 p.m.
spitfirebill said:

Chev made a 3.8 engine?  

Yes it was a 305 minus 2 cyls. 229ci. Found in late 70's very early 80's G and F bodies for sure. 2 of my camaros started out as 229 cars, completely different from the buick 231 that lived on. Chevy went with the 4.3 afterward which is essentially 3/4 of a 350

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/28/22 12:53 p.m.

Awesome car. Sounds like he was well loved in the fiat community too. RIP. 

Would Boyd Coddington call it a Shiv? 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NBGuiafz8Hayo1tAMgmU80Uyn2jJ7REi763E14Ip07BZZX2R0iDT31PKy1HUbPnB