HopmanJones
HopmanJones New Reader
11/1/21 6:58 p.m.

Anyone? Looking to consolidate the fleet and sell a proetge5 and mazda3 set up for rallycross to buy a do-it-all FiST

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
11/1/21 7:19 p.m.

If this blue version doesn't light your fire your woods wet.  (a lot of fire & brimstone preachers like to use this line).  

HopmanJones
HopmanJones New Reader
11/1/21 9:06 p.m.

That's really nice but I'm actually partial to the molten orange ones 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
11/1/21 9:31 p.m.

I like the orange but the blue has that Ford racing feel to it.  

RedGT
RedGT Dork
11/2/21 8:58 a.m.

I've got the Fiesta but lack the ST.  However where's the sale ads for the protege5 and/or 3?  You have my attention.

jraydavis122
jraydavis122 New Reader
11/2/21 9:17 a.m.

I'm selling my Rallycross Mini and going to buy a Fiesta ST too. I'm down in Delaware. There are plenty available but no good deals....

good luck with your search!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
11/2/21 9:19 a.m.

I've great things on the FiST but some of the YouTube videos give it a weak review so where we really at in this car,  

HopmanJones
HopmanJones New Reader
11/2/21 10:05 a.m.
RedGT said:

I've got the Fiesta but lack the ST.  However where's the sale ads for the protege5 and/or 3?  You have my attention.

Neither car is officially up for sale at this point, until (if) I get the car that will replace them both. Neither would be up for sale at all if I didn't just acquire a Miata. Now the fleet is getting a little out of control and I need to consolidate. 

Edit: here is a teaser pic of the 3

HopmanJones
HopmanJones New Reader
11/2/21 10:07 a.m.
jraydavis122 said:

I'm selling my Rallycross Mini and going to buy a Fiesta ST too. I'm down in Delaware. There are plenty available but no good deals....

good luck with your search!

Thanks, same to you. Apparently once COVID hit, FiSTs became way less of a performance bargain. 

calteg
calteg Dork
11/2/21 10:36 a.m.

For some reason about half of the higher mileage FiSTs have replaced motors...makes me a little wary

HopmanJones
HopmanJones New Reader
11/2/21 10:59 a.m.
calteg said:

For some reason about half of the higher mileage FiSTs have replaced motors...makes me a little wary

I sort of automatically assumed that is from people doing upgrades they really didn't understand and then driving the crap out of the car at high load. I could be wrong though

Carsandbikes
Carsandbikes Reader
11/3/21 2:39 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

That's a non-US 3 door which I wish we could have gotten, but didn't. 

I owned a 1st generation Fiesta from new, and finally drove a 2017 a few months ago...I must have grown as I didn't really fit in the newer car.

HopmanJones
HopmanJones New Reader
11/15/21 6:24 p.m.
RedGT said:

RedGT - I posted a little FS ad in this form on the RallyCross Mazda3. Feel frel to let me know if you have any questions. 

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/15/21 7:02 p.m.

I have a FiST fully built for STH, low miles. I love the car, but am ready to move onto something else with a cage and not street legal.

HopmanJones
HopmanJones New Reader
11/15/21 7:30 p.m.

In reply to pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) :

I'm not that up on all the solo classes so I'm not sure what fully built for STH would entail, but I'll send you a pm. 

HopmanJones
HopmanJones New Reader
11/22/21 10:03 a.m.
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) said:

I have a FiST fully built for STH, low miles. I love the car, but am ready to move onto something else with a cage and not street legal.

Pinchvalve, did you get my pm/email?

11/22/21 11:06 a.m.

In reply to HopmanJones :

I did not. The list of mods includes:

• Cobb Intake
  • Cobb AP with custom tune from Stratified
  • Whoosh V2 intercooler
  • Silver's coil overs
  • Eibach front and rear sway bars
  • Mountune (Quaife) Limited Slip Differential
  • Front Whiteline Camber Bolts
  • Rear DNA Racing Camber Plates
  • Whoosh front 2-point lower brace
  • Cobb Rear Motor Mount
  • New L & R motor mounts
  • Ferodo pads on OEM rotors

It has -3 degrees of camber front and -2 in the back, sits a little lower (or higher if you want) and dynoed at 200hp and 300ft/lb to the wheels. Its a little stiff but the LSD allows it to pull had out of corners and it has super-strong mid-range.

HopmanJones
HopmanJones New Reader
11/22/21 12:01 p.m.

Thank for the additional info, nice build list there! Would obviously take me out of stock class for sure, but it sounds like a very fun car. Can you please email me "smallfence" at the yahoo? I'm interested in finding out more info: year, miles, location, a couple pics, and the asking price. Thanks!

HopmanJones
HopmanJones New Reader
11/23/21 7:10 p.m.
HopmanJones said:

Thank for the additional info, nice build list there! Would obviously take me out of stock class for sure, but it sounds like a very fun car. Can you please email me "smallfence" at the yahoo? I'm interested in finding out more info: year, miles, location, a couple pics, and the asking price. Thanks!

Pinchvalve, if you sent an email I have not received it yet.

HopmanJones
HopmanJones New Reader
12/17/21 9:06 a.m.

Hey Pinchvalve, are you still thinking of selling? 

HopmanJones
HopmanJones New Reader
4/8/22 8:00 p.m.

Figured I'd bump this. Still looking. 

HopmanJones
HopmanJones Reader
7/16/22 8:15 p.m.

It's been a few months - so I thought it was time for a bump :) 

7/17/22 8:33 p.m.

Sorry for the ghosting, its been a crazy time for me personally. I traded the FiST in when I bought a new car, so its on to a new home. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yDgKhSzV0fYEL9waaanYRoGdFvKSJekI12i6tFDGJDwEFa3Xu4gelvAmye77muUh