Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
7/12/21 7:08 p.m.

Guess where that pic was snapped!

Previous ad from when I bought it: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/open-classifieds/fs-merkur-xr4ti-v8-swapped-302-50-88-irs-street-legal/138071/page1/

I bought this a few years back to be a safer, cheaper HPDE alternative to an increasingly rare BMW Z4 coupe. It runs 87 octane like a champ, so it's certainly been cheaper. Needs what I would describe as "quite a bit of tinkering" to be properly fast, but it's pretty neutral and fun the way it is. All I've done to it is add a Sabelt GT Pad seat with 6 point latch and link harness while putting the old driver's seat on the right side, mess with the brakes so they work, add a tach, quick release for the steering wheel, and a bunch of little adjustments.

Quick release front bumper makes for easy tie downs.

Engine feels/sounds/runs pretty great, but with iron heads/shorty headers, there's a pretty easy upgrade path. Falls off at 6500 rpm. 4.10 LSD makes that come up pretty quick in most gears

I have the Bi-Plane wing still in my garage. Yes I know it's a crime it hasn't been on the car. I think there's some aluminum side skirts that bolt on the bottom black rails somewhere, too. If not, I think I still have the plastic cladding. Side pipe sounds mean! Every car should have a side pipe. Comes with uninstalled GLoc R10 brake pads for both front and rear.

Carb gives me some fits (stalling) in sustained high-G environments (Nelson Ledges) which makes me believe a baffled fuel cell or a surge tank would be a great upgrade. I have yet to have that trouble elsewhere. It's not perfect, but I'd take it to any track and have a good time with it. Just be prepared to break out the wrenches and ask the crowd that forms for help turning them.

Probably still street legal, but I never bothered because race car.

Willing to deliver within a couple hundred miles of Dayton, Ohio. Also willing to entertain trade offers for rare motorcycles or turbo snowmobiles.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
7/12/21 8:18 p.m.

E36 M3. I didn't need to see this.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
7/26/21 9:06 p.m.

Did you get my PM?

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
7/26/21 9:34 p.m.

I didn't. My phone has been not giving me notifications lately and I have no idea why. That said, I can't seem to find it.

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
8/25/21 6:53 p.m.

Bump.

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
4/6/22 11:18 a.m.

Bump, price drop to $7000

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
4/15/22 2:18 p.m.

Bump. $6700 obo.

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
5/16/22 5:57 p.m.

Bump

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
8/2/22 12:43 p.m.

Bump, want to trade for a Saab rally car. Older is better, but I'm open to options.

jasonkimosabe
jasonkimosabe New Reader
8/3/22 12:54 a.m.

With OBO and several bumps (take that how you will) in mind, $2k and I promise to run it in the 2k challenge this year. (Can't promise I'll win, but, if I were the judge, an Xr4Ti would always win). Can keep the parts you want for the lower price. (Not low balling, just a pipe dream)

Our Preferred Partners
9MQ2YW9ggJ94cwg6IkIOHj5g87j5kRNnkzQhb6fqFx5tYeKgQU2QB8w0inkFbPwZ