Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/5/22 1:12 p.m.

Hello, all!

The Coatesville Invitational Vintage Grand Prix is back for 2022!  17 September 2022, in Coatesville, eastern PA.

Brandywine Motorsport Club is once again providing driving event management for this vintage car spectacular on the Streets of Coatesville course.  It's a huge amount of fun, with race cars and motorcycles from the mid-'70s all the way back to the 1920s.  There is no wheel-to-wheel racing per se, but it is a fantastic showcase to exhibit your vintage race car, sports car, or motorcycle at speed.  Public attendance is strong and enthusiastic.

Preregistration info and details will follow, but we're offering morning and afternoon hot lapping sessions for each group.  Last year we had 3 car groups and 2 motorcycle groups; final grouping will depend on preregistration numbers.  Entry fee is expected to be $200 for cars and $150 for motorcycles.

We'd love to see a blurb or piece in the magazine to help get the word out.  I can provide copy and high resolution photography from last year's event, if there is editorial interest.  There are some amazing vehicles and amazing stories behind them.

Thanks!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
5/5/22 1:14 p.m.

I keep wanting to go to this and it keeps conflicting with a rally event every year.

Someday!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/5/22 1:15 p.m.

Here are some teasers from 2021:

May be an image of car and outdoors

May be an image of car and road

May be an image of car and road

May be an image of one or more people, motorcycle and outdoors

May be an image of outdoors

May be an image of one or more people and outdoors

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/5/22 1:17 p.m.

The woman who owns and drives this car is over 90, and holds a 200mph+ license to run at Bonneville (not in this car):

May be an image of car and outdoors

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/15/22 5:03 p.m.

Hello, everybody!

We're less than 48 hours away from the 6th annual Coatesville Vintage Grand Prix!

Saturday, 17 September is shaping up to be a beautiful day to watch historic cars and motorcycles in action on the Streets of Coatesville PA road course.  There is no cost to spectate.  Pictures and info can be found at www.coatesvillegrandprix.com.

Parade laps start at 8:30a, with run groups from 9:00a to 3:30p.  Pre-1950 open wheelers and 1950-1977 (or so...) race cars and motorcycles of varying displacements will demonstrate their speed in this 'urban track day'.  We have some truly unique vintage vehicles coming out this year, so stop by to watch and listen.  There will be food trucks and other entertainment, including a lunchtime soapbox derby race.

If you're anywhere within a couple hours' drive of the greater Philadelphia area, I strongly urge you to come out and have some fun watching the action.  You can get right up close in the pits, and talk to drivers and riders. 

Stop by and say hello if you come to the event - I'll be near grid / start.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/15/22 5:43 p.m.

I would love to check this out oneday.

Does the participating cars have to be replicas of racecars or can we use any car that meets the year requirements? 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/15/22 6:05 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

It's... a mix.  The intent is to have vintage racecars or period-correct replicas.

The reality is that there will be some street cars there, some wearing livery, some with removable numbers / meatballs, and some just looking streetcarish.

We'd love to see you there someday.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/15/22 6:09 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Maybe I'll bring my w108 next year if it's in shape!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WiQHxWY5jnyLGlW32zPOxswy8WZli8ezFg03aWe4CNkdUlSrtV9gdL5QhECwRovQ