David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/17/22 9:45 a.m.
feature_image

What showed up at Tuesday evening’s Classic Motorsports Monterey Kickoff presented by Hagerty?

Pretty much everything, from winged classics to Europe’s greatest hits. Radwood icons and today’s latest supercars? We had them, too.

And then add in all the accompanying smiles.

Together, on Tuesday, August 16, we filled downtown Pacific Grove–like, all of downtown–to kick off the Monterey festivities. Bread …

Read the rest of the story

3zebra36
3zebra36
8/17/22 12:30 p.m.

Thank you Classic Motorsports for hosting this great event.  I have participated for four years now, and this was by far the best event you have put on.  Your efforts to streamline the process of getting all these cars in and out of the event resulted in a stress free experience, and your communication before and during the show kept everyone informed and helped make this the smoothest event you have had here.  As always, I had a great time looking at all the unique and beautiful rolling art, and I met a lot of great people who shared my passion for cars.  I was also pleasantly surprised to meet several fellow Lotus Esprit owners (a rare breed), and enjoyed talking with them about their cars.    Oh, and I was thrilled to see my car pictured in your article.  Thanks for that!  I look forward to attending your event for years to come!

dyerhaus
dyerhaus New Reader
8/17/22 2:00 p.m.

I have to echo the sentiments of @3zebra36, it was a well planned and very efficiently orchestarted event. I've been to shows that were quite a mess to get in an out of, so happy that wasn't the case here. In fact, literally EVERYTHING about this event was well planned, well executed, and a whole lot of fun. I met a lot of great folks, and almost went hoarse from all the talking. Only having my car back in my posession for just five days prior to this event, I was deeply honored and humbled to have taken home the Best in Show award. I look forward to attending this show for years to come!!

essjatee
essjatee New Reader
8/17/22 7:33 p.m.

That '69 Datsun 2000 was beyond spectacular...thanks for the pic.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/18/22 9:11 a.m.

Thank you again, everyone, for joining us. I hear big things for next year. smiley

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AGSSwZI7sDZJDTrfWoStEqjzTSzhO5PSjv3Bf0v5SQnY3JVjqUaoyY0L8uRuavXd