Dino
Dino None
9/24/09 9:22 p.m.

Just found a 1974 260Z in a local wrecking yard. No engine, tranny or rear axle. Most body panels and glass in good shape. Steering wheel and emblems missing but seats are still in car and are in really good shape. They are reddish brown vinyl(leather?), no rips or tears, just minor wear. I was thinking of taking the seats to use in my TR6, but they seem pretty flat and non-supportive. Are they good seats? Are they worth anything? It breaks my heart to see such an awesome car in the junk yard. Also saw a SAAB Sonnet and bunch of TR7's.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/25/09 6:21 a.m.

Dunno about the seats, but it sounds like a good Ran When Parked candidate.

pete240z
pete240z Dork
9/25/09 7:00 a.m.

Seats are worth minimum. Some price them like gold. The door panels, center console, some interior pieces, and dashboard are worth some if they are in excellent shape, but being in a boneyard they are probably trashed.

Rear tail lights, bumpers, headlight buckets, door regulators, most interior pieces all command a decent dollar on ebay.

As far as the seats? uncomfortable. Grab some Miata ones instead.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Reader
9/25/09 10:29 a.m.

The saab sonnet did it have a rear glass ? price ?location

Dino
Dino New Reader
9/27/09 7:21 p.m.

In reply to Tim Baxter:

yeah, thought about going back with the camera...

Dino
Dino New Reader
9/27/09 7:29 p.m.

In reply to pete240z:

thanks for the info. They seemed pretty flat. I have been looking for some Miata seats but have not had much luck finding some at a good price.

There was a registration in the car that expired in June of 2009, so car has not been there very long.

Dash is cracked and some instruments are missing but interior panels look ok. Tail lights were good, there was even an extra one inside the car. The only body damage was on the left front corner. Most likely had some rust as it is in Wisconsin.

Dino
Dino New Reader
9/27/09 7:30 p.m.

In reply to Karl La Follette:

don't remember about the glass. I will check on Monday. The car is located in Appleton WI.

Dino
Dino New Reader
9/28/09 10:45 p.m.

Update on the Sonnet, no rear glass. See pics in ran when parked.

GSCReno
GSCReno New Reader
9/29/09 3:08 a.m.

Did Someone say a bunch of TR7's??? Dino, can you post or e-mail me a phone number for this wrecking yard please. Cheers, Scott

Dino
Dino New Reader
9/29/09 11:05 p.m.

In reply to GSCReno:

Here you go Scott,

Gibson's Iron Metal & Auto Salvage 139 S Fieldcrest Dr, Neenah, WI‎ - (920) 722-6721‎

Dino

GSCReno
GSCReno New Reader
9/30/09 3:46 a.m.

Dino you are the MAN... Thank you very much. I'll be giving them a call in the A.M. Thank you very much for the reply and the info. Cheers, Scott

pete240z
pete240z Dork
9/30/09 8:17 a.m.
GSCReno wrote: Dino you are the MAN... Thank you very much. I'll be giving them a call in the A.M. Thank you very much for the reply and the info. Cheers, Scott

hurry up before it is crushed and sold as scrap as Neenah is known for manhole covers and foundries.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PJz9bhWwW7nI2N7mJaEPmov1x6GzrxkpFCgzuxZzhA070dV0i7rtFBOvu8LYNvwa