1 2
gramage
gramage
8/22/22 11:45 a.m.

I drive a 2009 RX 8, bought it new and have driven it daily in Cleveland, Ohio since. I have 110,000 miles on it and have never had a problem with the rotary. I replaced plugs, wires and coil packs once and it is probably about time to do it again.

It does use a little oil but not excessively and the gas milage has been marginal, about 19 mpg for me in mixed driving. I haven't had any of the other problems you usually hear about. Mine is sunlight silver which I have come to really like. I didn't buy it for the looks, I thought it was ugly when it first came out, but someone stops me to talk about the car and how good looking it is about once a week to this day. I like the distinction of not looking like all the other "jelly beans" on the road.

The car still runs great and is a true pleasure to drive, slow and fast. The handling is remarkable, flat in high speed corners, but relatively smooth and not bone jaring in daily use. It has all the pwoer you need as long as you keep the revs up and I have come to appreciate the howl at the red line.

This has been my all-time favorite car and I plan to keep it on the road as long as possible. It just fits like a glove as one reader once said.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RRMR18cSfMW3V5Vu8XlXzospjoIbT8Fym9e4CruuOe8PFzcTXmbpxmqVJPmBSMIA