1 2 3 4 5
Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/24/17 8:50 p.m.

I believe so. Oregon guy is trying to get me to let him pull a mold of the rear of his car. The guy is awesome and going above and beyond sharing information and pictures with me. To me though, this rear bodywork is part of the history of this particular car. Not everything needs to go back to original, sometimes it's more significant to go back to last campaigned configuration. Will it bite me in the future? Not sure. I'm guessing it's always going to be worth more than I put into it(provided I don't value my labor at $100/hr). Selling isn't in the plans right now. It could be in the future, but i'm emotionally invested in the process at this point especially trying to nail down which car of the 11 this is through the process of elimination.

I didn't find this car, it found me.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/17 9:27 p.m.
chandler
chandler PowerDork
9/24/17 6:32 a.m.
Woody said:

$7600 parts donor...

San Diego CL but it is located in the Midwest?

Woody
2/2/18 8:22 p.m.

I just bought a copy of this book. I haven't started reading it yet, but there are a few photos in there of Devin Panhards that I haven't seen before.

Patrick
2/25/18 8:55 p.m.

I have that book, it’s got some interesting stuff in it.  Oregon guy has the slightly damaged original bonnet off the 57 hmod National championship car(now in france) that we have agreed to terms on.  Still waiting on him to have time to crate the nose up and he has been sending me images of his restoration as well as taking measurements for me for key parts that are tweaked or gone, he took his to the bare chassis and started from scratch, which is what i am going to have to do

i have the donor here.  I’m not sure when anything will begin on mine, the challenge car is going to take half my time and the chevelle the other half, but until i get the nose here I don’t have anything to do anyway.  Bad things happened when we last left this discussion - was about to pull the impala heads and hope for best but got worst and had to replace engine, then exploded datsun at roadkill drags and bailed on the $2017 build to get th datsun back together, and the chevelle hasn’t been touched.  The Devin is in a dry enclosed trailer safe from the elements, and we are plotting the course to expansion of the garage sideways, rearwards, and upward.  

QuasiMofo
QuasiMofo GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/26/18 12:03 p.m.

They parts car sure looks pretty devil

Patrick
2/27/18 4:14 p.m.

Driveline removed from the donor in one rolling piece.  These French dudes know how to make stuff work.  Didn’t even have to pull the clutch cable, 2 bolts remove the pedal pads and the entire pedal box slides up and out of the firewall as a unit.  Got gas pedal and linkage, steering column, full drivetrain, suspension wheels brakes all in one shot including the column mount shifter and cables.  I think the only way this could be more perfect is if i had found a Panhard junior, because some bits on this are wider, but everything junior/devin specific on the yellow car is still usable.  

Woody
2/27/18 4:26 p.m.

What kind of tire is on the left there?

Patrick
2/27/18 5:10 p.m.

General Silent grip

rear just removed.  Panhard sedan ready to move on.  

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
2/27/18 6:04 p.m.

Im intimately familiar with that chunk of concrete. 

Indy-Barely Functional-Guy
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy SuperDork
2/27/18 6:05 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

What are the plans for the rest of the donor shell?

Patrick
2/27/18 6:41 p.m.

It’s going to Michigan Sunday 

Patrick
2/27/18 6:42 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Barely Functional-Guy :

Woody
2/27/18 7:09 p.m.
Patrick said:

General Silent grip

rear just removed.  Panhard sedan ready to move on.  

Is that some kind of crazy torsion bar setup?

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/27/18 7:25 p.m.

Are you on Facebook? The plot for the shell is developing on there...

Patrick
2/27/18 7:35 p.m.

Yes, those are torsion bars.  It’s pretty neat.  Both rear drums turn freely, had to pull the wheels to get it out from under the car.  Will probably roll the bits into the harbor freight garage for now while i figure out what the heck i’m doing.  I really believe that before i dive into anything else besides what i’m currently working on, the garage needs to be larger.  

Also Facebook will never get me.  I was going to do something incredibly stupid with the shell but someone wanted it and i wanted money and room back.  

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/27/18 7:52 p.m.
Pete Gossett said:

Link?

QuasiMofo
2/27/18 8:54 p.m.

Search Enablers Unanimous 

QuasiMofo
2/27/18 8:55 p.m.
Patrick said:

So excited

2/27/18 9:07 p.m.
Pete Gossett said:

Nope. I don't do the book of faces thingy.

2/27/18 9:10 p.m.
Patrick said:

That's a pretty amazing picture. ZERO frame forward of the firewall (was all sub-frame/engine cradle?)  Looks so odd with just the hood hinged up like that.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
2/27/18 9:12 p.m.

In reply to QuasiMofo :

Just requested to join.

But pinder on a Chrysler 300m drivetrain.....

QuasiMofo
2/28/18 4:13 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Too big.

This things about the size of an Impreza

Patrick
2/28/18 7:17 a.m.
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy said:
Patrick said:

That's a pretty amazing picture. ZERO frame forward of the firewall (was all sub-frame/engine cradle?)  Looks so odd with just the hood hinged up like that.

That tube that i cut spans the rockers and is held to them by a few bolts on each side.  If i had felt like fighting bolts it would have slid out as a unit.  Same with the rear tube.  Extremely modern construction for being 60 years old.  It even has a padded dash and all the controls and switches are mounted to the column cluster.  

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
2/28/18 7:28 a.m.
QuasiMofo said:
Patrick said:

So excited

You, really?  Holy cow, I can only imagine what you sick head is planning.  LOL.  Have fun!!!

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QBWf6CNHkW3KuNFRyzO0mGSq2bxmt9gW2ikFu7XIYUDPPdbUl1pyjCLy0V9J1JhE