1 ... 3 4 5
johndej
johndej HalfDork
4/23/19 7:59 a.m.

Just spotted this one for sale too https://www.racingjunk.com/Other/183209265/1957-Devin-.html?category_id=85&np_offset=5#6 a wee bit outside the GRM budget though...

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/18/20 4:01 p.m.

One year and 15 days after the car and it's new nose met in the trailer, they have moved into their new home, where i can actually start cleaning leaves and junk out and start figuring the direction I need to take as well as introducing them to their new engine and transmission.  It's obvious from moving things around that the frame is likely broken or rusted through somewhere under the floor.  I will definitely be building a frame table.  

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/18/20 4:06 p.m.

A frame table is on my dream list. Metal, flat, heavy.

java230
java230 UberDork
3/18/20 4:07 p.m.

Ohhh the fun begins :D

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/18/20 4:09 p.m.

My god this is the best news ive heard today. 

But get the shop finished first. Trust me. Start poking at a new project car and it will NEVER get finished right. 

Patrick
3/18/20 4:17 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Totally, but needed the trailer available 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/18/20 4:18 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

That's right. Forgot about the lift pickup....

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/18/20 5:24 p.m.

I'm very happy to see this.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
3/18/20 10:36 p.m.

I love the way an open piped Panhard twin sounds at full chatsmiley

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
3/19/20 12:50 a.m.

Seriously, if you make this your Corona quarentine project and document it in copious detail you will be my hero forever.

Patrick
3/19/20 7:39 a.m.

In reply to Apexcarver :

depends on how long this lasts.  Finish shop is the coronavirus quarantine project.  Then I absolutely must finish the wartburg because it's basically plumbing, wiring, and glass install away from being done.  

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/2/20 8:56 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I spotted a link to this over on Fast Glass:

https://www.rcnmag.com/news/devin-sports-cars-lives?fbclid=IwAR3RRJvwFDL3OXMwkb_twm-ILStsb8LXzR49A96xBtTjOitL3hgt3A0-Yd8

Just thought you might be interested.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/21/20 10:13 a.m.

In reply to Woody :

Missed your post.  Pete Gossett and Gumby sent me that within hours of it being posted.  I contacted them and got nothing back.  Kreg that runs the Devin registry is helping the new owners and he told me sadly that there's very little on the Panhards.  Initially he had reached out to me because he has someone wanting to buy my car, but it's not for sale.  He emailed me everything he had, which i had seen 90% of already.  He said at some point some of Bill's records ended up donated to a museum and they're trying to get access to them.  

As far as project status goes, i've made up my mind to get stuff done in order of easy to hard, so the Devin is slightly down the list. 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
9/26/21 6:11 p.m.

Hi , bringing this tread back to life....

Has anyone seen a photo or drawing of what the Devin Panhard chassis looks like ?

asking for a friend :)

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/21/22 10:20 p.m.

Saw this today on FB

https://www.facebook.com/groups/553331468071450/permalink/7151081648296366/

DEVIN PANHARD "EXPERIMENTAL" at Forest Grove Concours 2018.

Won the Arnold N. Franks Sweepstakes Award after it was completely restored to include the masking tape number used by the previous owner in the 50's. The car is now at the Lane Auto Museum, Nashville, Tn.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
5/10/22 9:38 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum)
2/11/23 5:12 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum)
2/13/23 8:26 a.m.

I'm kind of surprised that there was enough metal in the body to dent like that^!

Woody (Forum Supportum)
3/25/23 10:05 a.m.
TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UberDork
3/25/23 1:34 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

Many of the original DB racing cars had aluminum coachwork. It was one of those that Bill Devin pulled his first molds from. 

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KHRFelVvoorpzUHBsIaahl1X1lDzkILtruQbW1SS7oaasVuHwmhvVkzBBfbrs8ge