1 2
cyncrvr
cyncrvr New Reader
6/10/10 9:27 p.m.

I think of all the possible modifications you can make to all the different cars out there, there is always one that makes the most difference in looks, performance and drivability and that is wheels and tires. Either going back to period correct or going wider, lower etc. it can just make such a big difference.

63Alpine
63Alpine New Reader
6/13/10 11:01 a.m.

I have a few. My v6 powered sunbeam came with a c4 auto, switched that out to a trememc t5, big difference. An aftermarket wiring harness.. who knew the same headlights could be that much brighter. I put seats from a mitsubishi eclipse in, while ugly, they are temporary till i get exactly what i want, but very comfortable. I can drive hours on end without getting uncomfortable. Next on the list is i have a rear disc brake kit ready to be installed into the ford 8 inch, but im holding off till i can get a lsd 3.90 or 411 rear end chunk to do it all at the same time. No use in pulling axles twice. In the very distant future a 4link rear suspension.

NOHOME
NOHOME Reader
6/13/10 11:26 a.m.

Besides the V6 in an MGB, a 4 link with coil overs in the same car. Transforms the ride.

ronbros
ronbros Reader
6/13/10 4:57 p.m.

plus one with race tires and 4 Konis.

completly transformed 1984 Nissan turbo coupe.

63Alpine
63Alpine New Reader
6/16/10 10:37 p.m.

For those of you using the megajolt, could you tell me your experiences, good or bad? It looks like a great upgrade, and im thinking about doing that as my next upgrade. Any thoughts?

rconlon
rconlon HalfDork
6/17/10 8:47 a.m.

For my Miata it was the OEM top. The old was aftermarket and then cut open. The OEM was lightly used off a 95 when the owner went to tan. It fits perfectly and realy showed the aftermarket top was not as good a fit.

Ron

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
6/18/10 3:03 p.m.

Hockey puck. On LT1 Caprices, there is an intake baffle called the home base. Does nothing but trap heat and make it a pain to work on. Once removed, however, it leaves a hole in the intake boot. A hockey puck fits perfect. Mines getting a Blackhawks replacement soon.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Reader
6/18/10 5:12 p.m.

My roll cage. Completely changed the car in unexpectedly awesome ways.

Volksroddin
Volksroddin Dork
6/18/10 6:44 p.m.
Tim Suddard wrote: I have Pertronix Igniters on most of my old cars. Not sure if performance is really increased, but sure makes maintaining easier.

yes, that was one of my favorite mods I did to the acvw. Along with the progressive weber. hmm mm, merging power

digdug18
digdug18 HalfDork
6/20/10 11:02 a.m.

datsun 5 speed in a spridget...

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette HalfDork
6/20/10 12:10 p.m.

Window tint limo on the back and 15% on front 2 doors 50% on windshield and black vinyl eyebrow and of course a damageplan cd

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fToODcYoZHK0bzi2KtoTtaRHzQdhQ9aW17QB3DwzIounNHLlrSmmY3gehmJjKn0c