1 ... 5 6 7
Dpvog
Dpvog New Reader
6/28/09 9:57 p.m.

Too late. I was just packing up my homemade defibrilator to go where I'm wanted. You guys have fun sitting in silent contemplation of your drum brakes, your solid rear axles, your body-on-(routinely replaceable) frame construction, your Lucas electrics, and your SU carbs. Listen, I don't even want to tell you where you can put your push rods. On the other hand, if you ever feel like discovering what happened to sportcar technology after the Battle of Britain ended, you can always checkout Xweb. -Doug

GSCReno
GSCReno New Reader
6/29/09 4:50 a.m.

Dammit, Doug, come back... My Triumph needs a jump... Cheers, Scott

bluevr6
bluevr6 New Reader
6/30/09 1:30 p.m.
BrettM wrote: It is kinda like a train wreck.

Coupefan
Coupefan Reader
6/30/09 2:33 p.m.

That's going to hurt in the morning.

BrettM
BrettM Reader
6/30/09 3:44 p.m.

I think that Fiat actually makes trains so hey...

Series6
Series6 New Reader
7/2/09 6:36 p.m.

Appliance? Unless you own a Sunbeam you'll never know the restraint needed not to pop the guy who walks by your car and says... "Sunbeam, huh.. I thought they only made blenders and toasters..."

vtwelve
vtwelve New Reader
7/3/09 6:59 a.m.

In reply to Series6:

I never heard that one before. Thanks for the ammunition!

Dpvog
Dpvog New Reader
7/3/09 12:15 p.m.

In reply to vtwelve: How about this one: "Why do they call it an "Alpine" when it won't go up hills?" Or how about this: "Q: Why did they install a four cylinder in the Alpine? A: So they use less gas driving a parts car to the Tiger owners." Hey, I love FIATs, so I've put up with worse. -Doug

vtwelve
vtwelve New Reader
7/3/09 1:07 p.m.

In reply to Dpvog:

You're bad. Very bad!

Dpvog
Dpvog New Reader
7/3/09 3:08 p.m.

In reply to vtwelve:

I guess so, but I've also actually heard it said that the parts commonality between Alpines and Tigers is one of the things that keeps Alpine prices so stable. So, like so much else, its both a blessing and a curse. Alpines are guaranteed never to be cheap cars not because Alpines are completely wonderful, but because they have so much in common with Tigers. -Doug

Series6
Series6 New Reader
7/4/09 1:22 a.m.
Dpvog wrote: In reply to vtwelve: How about this one: "Why do they call it an "Alpine" when it won't go up hills?" Or how about this: "Q: Why did they install a four cylinder in the Alpine? A: So they use less gas driving a parts car to the Tiger owners." Hey, I love FIATs, so I've put up with worse. -Doug

Funny. Maybe you can get a job writing material for Letterman.

Dpvog
Dpvog New Reader
7/4/09 6:51 a.m.

In reply to Series6:

Nope. They said my style was too abrasive. Can you imagine that? -Doug

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
7/4/09 9:16 a.m.

"I thought they made toasters?" is pretty much equal to "Fix It Again, Tony." Believe me, Series 6, I have felt your pain. I've resisted the urge to slug people in the face who think such a comment is so original and I've never heard it 297 times before. "How many clowns does that hold?" is rapidly catching up.

Several of us Mini owners have decided it is just easier to give completely false answers. It's more fun. So when people ask me for the eleventy billionth time how many MPG's the Mini gets, I just tell them 50. It's what they want to hear, even if it's completely false. Maybe you should tell them it is the same company that makes the blenders. You could have some fun with it.

Series6
Series6 New Reader
7/4/09 12:24 p.m.

When I worked for a Jag dealership (the first time) one of the factory guys told me about the Jaguar hood ornaments.

Know why the hood ornament is depicted as a "leaper"? answer: Practicing OSHA's required fire escape plan.

A friend of mine has more patience and a better sence of humor than I do. He has a collection of Sunbeam product boxes in his garage. Irons, blenders, hand mixers........

1 ... 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
73Jk5JDWKIj0DRZlI6AGgs7DBfUihjOR9QTFxjFgYw7Q2mBjAvislEjQbGUkIeDV