BoulderG
BoulderG GRM+ Memberand New Reader
12/12/22 8:03 p.m.

I was on vacation in The Netherlands last month and saw some cool and uncommon cars. Thought I'd share them with you all and hope you enjoy these pictures.

There are enough pictures I'll split into two posts. Here's the first:

We went 200 yards across the border into Belgium to see a castle. These two cars were parked there. The tan one is a TVR Scimitar, and I'll just post the pictures of the yellow one to see who knows it! Big hints - it's FWD and rotary.

Enjoy!

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
12/12/22 8:11 p.m.

NSU Ro80

RoddyMac17
RoddyMac17 Reader
12/13/22 9:55 a.m.

The first one is a Reliant Scimitar GTC, not a TVR.

BoulderG
BoulderG GRM+ Memberand New Reader
12/13/22 11:05 a.m.

DeadSkunk - right on!

RoddyMac17 - Wow, you're totally correct! I remembered the name TVR Scimitar but it's a very different looking car (like a Volvo P1800ES0. Didn't know about the Reliant. Thank you for the correction! Do you know anything about the powerplant or the car?

RoddyMac17
RoddyMac17 Reader
12/13/22 11:55 a.m.

The Scimitar should have an Cologne V6 in it, which TVR did use in some of their products.  The earlier versions of the Scimitar were similar the P1800 ES, which might be what you're remembering.  There also used to be a shop in the Midlands called "Midlands Scimitar and TVR Centre" which may have added to some confusion.  I recall seeing the ads for them in the various UK car magazines in the 80's and 90's.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliant_Scimitar#/media/File:Reliant_Scimitar_GTE_(1975)_-_14041277835.jpg

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pFoIUoc4dhSc393v54ntSrKUeHk81SMsCPeq0LbECFj8YbT4OYuWKsS4G5dRP8ag