BobC
BobC None
3/21/08 8:50 p.m.

In last months magazine the article on TR6 supercharger had the team mount the fuel pump up front rather then the usual rear location. I am installing a new pump myself and wondered if the magazine could supply more photos of the actual installation and also if other members would commont on taking that atypical approach

thanks bob

bowtie6
bowtie6 None
3/23/08 8:53 a.m.

Bob,

From what I recall, the article pointed out they moved the pump because it was in the way of dust and such. However, there was no mention in the article about the pump's specs.

This can become an issue. There are certain pumps that are designed to 'push' rather than 'suck'. Therefore, the 'pusher' pumps must be mounted close to the tank otherwise, they will not deliver the necessary fuel pressure. I realize we are not talking a high pressure pump as used in FI, but you do need to do your research before moving the location of the pump.

joe

David Wallens
David Wallens Editorial Director
3/26/08 7:25 p.m.

I'm seeing if Carl has a better photo or more details. The pump used was the one supplied with the Moss kit, too.

The fuel pump arrangement was addressed in the following issue, too. A reader questioned the move. On the TR6, Carl noted, the fuel tank is positioned so high in the chassis that it's still under pressure even when mounted up front.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wxSRA262ilW4MtpCEJlMLfOfC61MRzQRCr0GpRVoP9I1sVw57mSuhdKNj67xEKsI