Peter Brock
Peter Brock
5/16/22 12:01 a.m.

The wait has been worth it. Nissan’s long-expected delivery date for the new 2023 Z is finally happening, and those who’ve had their orders in early are going to be more than thrilled. 

I recently had an opportunity to test drive several pre-production variants of Nissan’s svelte new GT on track here at Las Vegas Motor Speedway as well as …

Read the rest of the story

Da_Wolverine
Da_Wolverine New Reader
5/17/22 7:04 p.m.

A second and a half???  Since Brock said it, I gotta believe it.  After all, he designed the Daytonas and raced the 240s!

I speculate that with 9 speeds, one is shifting often and the RPMs don't drop much, which is a very good thing, keeping one near the peak of the torque curve and horsepower curve.  A second and a half is a whopping large time differential.  Thinking it through, I can kinda see it.

Thanks, Peter, for your report.    I might be trading in my 350 Z Cabriolet.    

map2050
map2050 New Reader
5/18/22 1:47 p.m.

Thanks for the great review on the latest Z-Car! I am with you on the "trending" of black wheel/tire phase. Not my thing. And yes, brake dust can be an issue that spoils the whole look. When I needed brakes for my '06 Volvo V70R (Sonic Blue w/silver rims) I opted for Akebono ceramic pads and they really make a difference in reducing brake dust. I like the pedal feel as well. And the traditional Pegasus silver 5-spoke rims stay fresh now so the car always looks good! 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/28/22 1:32 p.m.

As someone currently rocking some black wheels, I admit, yes, they can turn into two black spheres. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
l4o4OGXmOU4UKOM3Kw61qDC6VrRbLHhOGkQapDJiUSE3mND55XwO4NQrgOQjA1fh