KaptKaos
KaptKaos Reader
10/4/12 7:44 p.m.

I bought a Grant steering wheel for my Volvo 122S wagon. I placed the order for the wheel hub, and was told that they no longer make them/carry them.

I called Grant directly. Although they list the adapter on their site (#6580) it's discontinued.

I started asking around online and other places, and it seems that Grant may have drastically cut back on the hubs that they carry, but they still list them on the site.

Anyone else bump into this recently?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/5/12 8:19 a.m.

Not really, but I can see old part numbers being dropped. Back in the day, when I worked for a Momo and Nardi distributor, sometimes we'd have to use a Grand hub with the right adaptor to make a wheel fit. Does Momo or Nardi have what you need? Although, now that I think about it, I don't think we had adaptors to go to a Grand wheel.

KaptKaos
KaptKaos Reader
10/5/12 10:05 a.m.

I can't find any Momo part numbers for a 65 Volvo 122. There is a Momo-to-Grant adapter that Grant sells.

I wouldn't be so bummed if Grant didn't have the hubs listed on their website.

There is also no cross-over matrix. I.e. use the Cyclops X1 hub, and that will work for your car. So I am left to find a used one, or try and find a compatible one on my own.

I'd also do a Formuling hub if I could find one of those for my 122.

VClassics
VClassics Reader
10/5/12 10:09 a.m.

Classic Garage has Luisi hubs for the Amazon. Maybe that would work with a Grant wheel?

KaptKaos
KaptKaos Reader
10/5/12 11:17 a.m.

They have the Luisi but it has two different 6 bolt patterns. Not sure my 5 bolt grant will work. There is a momo to grant adapter, but that adds $30. Maybe I will buy the Luisi and drill it.

I just wish Grant had their stuff together. Ugh!!!

David S. Wallens
10/5/12 11:18 a.m.

I should have a 20-year-old Momo listing at home. If I can find it, I'll post a hub number. Maybe that and eBay Motors gets you back in the game.

KaptKaos
KaptKaos Reader
10/5/12 11:31 a.m.

That would be awesome, thank you!

David S. Wallens
10/18/12 10:14 p.m.

And poop, I found my catalog (dated October 1990), but no Amazon listing. For Momo, it only goes back to the 240/260. My Nardi listing from the same era only goes back to 1973. Sorry about that.

David S. Wallens
10/18/12 10:24 p.m.

I found Momo listings for old Volvos here: http://www.crowderscustomizing.com.

I don't know them from Adam, although their name does ring a bell. I might have come across them when looking for an oddball hub, before. And if they don't have it, maybe you can at least get a part number.

ltbautosports.com, who we do know, doesn't show an application, though.

KaptKaos
KaptKaos Reader
10/23/12 3:07 p.m.

Thanks David. Sorry it took me so long to respond. I will check them out!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ifoJqbCCHws3uakhadePrOmv8j3WhA21UNKFvGlIOw59NR2T7RBaNPWJAPvDKYJE