Rupert
Rupert Reader
1/16/13 1:43 p.m.

Did you ever notice that auto styling continues to cycle? I just saw two different film clips from the Detroit Auto Show. Each clip showed a front & front-side view of the new C-7 Corvette. I couldn't help think, they copied the Lamborghini Miura. Check the yellow Miura in the cars section of this rag. Sure has a lot in common from my point of view.

Of course from the rear the C-7 reminds me a lot of a 2nd generation Camaro or Firebird with a Pep Boys aero kit. To be fair the C-7 may look a lot more in proportion in real life. So I'll just have to wait and see.

Overall, the '53 Studebaker Starliner Coupe looks better and better almost every time someone else tries to draw a new sporty or horsey coupe.

gjz30075
gjz30075 Reader
1/17/13 7:41 a.m.

I think GM is trying to appeal to a younger crowd with the 'new' styling. Although I hate the Camaro and Lambo style, oddly, I think it works well on the Corvette. Got to see one in person though.

Rupert
Rupert Reader
1/17/13 11:03 a.m.

My thoughts exactly.

Tahoe
Tahoe New Reader
1/17/13 12:38 p.m.

I find the new design too busy. GM seems to be trying too hard again. Overall I'm sure the C7 is mechanically superior, and a pleasure to drive, but unless it looks better in person, I think the styling took a step backwards.

Rupert
Rupert Reader
1/22/13 9:31 a.m.

Wow! Maybe people really aren't reading Forum articles anymore! I made digs at the C-7 on two different articles and not one Corvette Lover questioned my manhood, patriotism, or offered to meet me in a dark alley! This is a personal first.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
1/22/13 10:57 a.m.
Tahoe wrote: I find the new design too busy. GM seems to be trying too hard again. Overall I'm sure the C7 is mechanically superior, and a pleasure to drive, but unless it looks better in person, I think the styling took a step backwards.

Kind of how I look at it. I don't think it's ugly, but it does look like it's trying too hard. I think that may be appealing to the younger crowd that grew up with transformers, etc... I'm just glad the C6 exists, because it was the first new corvette I've lusted after in many years.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk Dork
1/22/13 5:31 p.m.

When I saw the pictures my first comment was that there were too many fussy details. I saw it in person yesterday at the auto show and it does look better in person. I'm still not sold on the rear though.

Chris_V
Chris_V UltraDork
1/23/13 3:53 p.m.

shrug I like it. Especially when wearing the HRE wheels and in grey...

Or in white:

wspohn
wspohn Reader
1/24/13 5:22 p.m.

If you are going to steal styling features from other GM cars, why by all that is holy would you take the rear end from that fat assed barge, the Camaro, whose steatopygian hind quarters rival those of the Butt sisters?

And as far as scoops and grilles and coach lines, somebody tell them that more is not always better!

VClassics
VClassics Reader
1/24/13 6:45 p.m.

I generally like it. Part of the appeal of the C1 and C2 (both Sting Ray and Stingray) was the over-the-top styling, but after that they've gotten increasingly bland looking to me, although they've become mauch better cars in every other way. I can stand a little flash.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EUnPGOf802GzaDpoj3B7ct2bcOeJtk7WknuJ3VCi5pGaBDpOJxnDOy1Za4E2tZD7